• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

Niedermayer to return next season?

Rate this topic

I would like to add to this thread that Pronger got nothing close to a Norris nod!!

Beauchemin was not nearly as good as you all thought.

Now that makes next years d corp for them scary if those two go back to form but with no goals no cup!!

I would like to add to this thread that Pronger got nothing close to a Norris nod!!

Beauchemin was not nearly as good as you all thought.

Now that makes next years d corp for them scary if those two go back to form but with no goals no cup!!

You were dead on with your 4th seed guess :clap:

Words cannot describe how angry and confused I was reading through the first pages of this thread about Niedermayer returning and the Ducks being Cup favourites next year. I was thinking, "s***, they were eliminated two nights ago and we're already talking about them for NEXT year!". Then, finally, I looked up at the dates and realized that the majority of this thread was from before the season and breathed a heavy sigh of relief.

But, from what I read, Opie was right all along. Sure defense wins championships, but with such an imbalance from the D to the O, your still gonna run into major roadblocks.

Words cannot describe how angry and confused I was reading through the first pages of this thread about Niedermayer returning and the Ducks being Cup favourites next year. I was thinking, "s***, they were eliminated two nights ago and we're already talking about them for NEXT year!". Then, finally, I looked up at the dates and realized that the majority of this thread was from before the season and breathed a heavy sigh of relief.

But, from what I read, Opie was right all along. Sure defense wins championships, but with such an imbalance from the D to the O, your still gonna run into major roadblocks.

I know. I couldn't believe that DetroitIan was back since he's the one who started the thread.

:lol:

I guess it's easy to get confused when someone re-starts old threads.

It got me too...then I saw a mention of Markov re-signing, and kind of scratched my head. Then I saw something about how the Ducks have McDonald up front and was finally like "heeeey wait a minute..."

Sorry I had to revel in this one, I took such a beating about my opinion that they weren't the cup favorites that I had to let it be known.

It is just too bad Sticknmove isn't here for this one!

Glad I'm not the only who nearly posted without seeing the original dates. :)

So, the short version of what I had typed before I saw it was a year-old topic: I think the message Burke ought to send is play the full season from training camp to the playoffs or don't expect to play for the Ducks.

Selanne was the difference maker and the reason why they came out of the west. Sure Nieds is one of the best, and him an Pronger are a killer team, it still doesnt change the fact that the Ducks shot up in wins when Selanne returned.

Few seem to remember that Niedermayer's return didn't spark the resurgence of the Ducks - Selanne's did.

They started to win a handful of games upon his return...and then started losing in bunches again. It wasn't until Selanne returned that they really started being able to string together wins.

Add the fact that he was a -2 for the season (the half that he actually played).

Edited by edicius

Oh and then there was the great and all mighty Beauchemin, who was supposed to be an Elite D-man!!!

I love reading the comments on this thread, like this one:

Dont be a homer. They could have an ECHL team up front and still be contenders.

Homer!? ECHL!?

Because I said they weren't the favorites, HA!!!!!!! you are an anti-homer, the guy who tries to take his favorite team down a peg just because!!!!!!!

good job diggin this out

althought I was confused as hell when I was reading original TSN article. It took me half way to the article before I looked up to see the dates. bam 2007

Ducks are going to be worse going on next year no doubt but it isn't Ducks that's going to problem but some other teams like Dallas, Colorado and our Central division neighbors.

I sure as hell hope Howard is ready next year.