• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bannedforlife

Check out my first fantasy hockey team this year

Rate this topic

This is the first hockey draft I've participated in this year, I think it turned out pretty good. Let me know what you think. It's a 12 team rotisserie league.

C - Pavel Datsyuk

C - Nathan Horton

LW - Ilya Kovalchuk

LW - Henrik Zetterberg

RW - Jaromir Jagr

RW - Martin St. Louis

D - Dan Boyle

D - Tom Poti

D - Andrei Markov

D - Michal Rozsival

G - Cristobal Huet

G - Chris Osgood

Bench - Michael Nylander

Bench - Paul Stastny

Bench - Dustin Penner

Bench - Nicklas Backstrom

how in the hell did you get datsyuk, zetterberg, jagr, kovalchuk and st. louis

Pretty sick, isnt it? It was a combination of not picking a goalie until the 9th round and a couple of the othe rowners in my league being toolsheds. Plus the yahoo rankings are pretty messed up. Here is the draft order for my team.

1. (10) Jaromir Jagr RW

2. (15) Ilya Kovalchuk LW

3. (34) Martin St. Louis RW

4. (39) Henrik Zetterberg LW

5. (58) Pavel Datsyuk C

6. (63) Dan Boyle D

7. (82) Nathan Horton C

8. (87) Michael Nylander C

9. (106) Cristobal Huet G

10. (111) Paul Stastny C

11. (130) Andrei Markov D

12. (135) Dustin Penner RW

13. (154) Tom Poti D

14. (159) Michal Rozsival D

15. (178) Nicklas Backstrom C

16. (183) Chris Osgood G

In retrospect I did make a couple bad decisions after Datsyuk, but alot of that had to do with the player I was going to pick next getting snatched right before my turn. All in all I think I'm pretty set at forward and I have some good trade bait to shore up my D and goaltending. I'm pretty excited about this team, but after seeing some of the other GM's draft I think making trades will be somewhat difficult.

I think you will regret not taking a goalie earlier -- hopefully someone like Giguere will have an awful first month and you can trade one of your stud forwards for a disgruntled goalie owner.

Goalies are huge points, it's a mistake to devalue them.

Edited by egroen

C - Pavel Datsyuk

C - Nathan Horton

Bench - Michael Nylander

Pretty solid C's. If Horton finally breaks out, and Nylander plays with AO, youre in good shape.

LW - Ilya Kovalchuk

LW - Henrik Zetterberg

Bench - Paul Stastny

2 studs and 1 question mark. If Stastny plays well againt his year, you are stacked at LW

RW - Jaromir Jagr

RW - Martin St. Louis

Bench - Dustin Penner

Penner is iffy, but your top two are studs.

D - Dan Boyle

D - Tom Poti

D - Andrei Markov

D - Michal Rozsival

Boyle and Markov are in for good seasons again. Poti and Rozsival are decent 3rd and 4th D-men.

G - Cristobal Huet

G - Chris Osgood

Bench - Nicklas Backstrom

Not picking a goalie until the 9th left you in trouble. Huet is anything but money, as Halak and maybe ever Price will be waiting for him to slip. Osgood is spare at best. Id look to drop him and pick up Harding to handcuff the Wild goalies. Bacstrom could be your wildcard here. IF he plays well, great pick, although many seem to think that Harding will be the #1 in Mn by mid season.

Overall, solid forwards, decent D, but you need some goalie help. especially in ROTO where all cats are weighted equally, your netminders could end up hurting you.

Edited by GiantRobot

I would try and trade Horton, Penner and one of your goalies for *one* decent starting goalie... you need it!

The top 3 are off limits to you, but maybe you can grab a Hasek, Vokoun or Nabakov -- Throw in Datyuk if you have to... There is a surplus in quality centers.