• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Saran

New Canucks Jerseys

Rate this topic

The color scheme is phenomenal, but the logo/writing is absolutely terrible. The Orca logo has always sucked, and the writing above it looks out of place.

Then to make things worse, they put the Rink & Stick logo (which besides the Johnny Canuck logo, is the only Canucks logo I actually like) on both shoulders, when they should've just made that the logo in the center of the jersey. IMO, all Vancouver had to do was make their thirds last season their new everyday unis.

However, these are horrendous.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

The color scheme is phenomenal, but the logo/writing is absolutely terrible. The Orca logo has always sucked, and the writing above it looks out of place.

Then to make things worse, they put the Rink & Stick logo (which besides the Johnny Canuck logo, is the only Canucks logo I actually like) on both shoulders, when they should've just made that the logo in the center of the jersey. IMO, all Vancouver had to do was make their thirds last season their new everyday unis.

ditto

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Guest jaytan

well that is good... at least now the players won't have to try to remember too hard what city they are playing for... Vancouver or the logo... choose one, not both!

My theory is that pretty much everyone in Vancouver's at least got a contact high, and visiting fans and teams will be really disoriented if they aren't constantly reminded what city they're in.

This is actually the first of the new designs that I find absolutely fugly. I liked the "fan created" ones shown earlier this summer MUCH better.

Are you referring to the Blue/Green color scheme with the Johnny Canuck logo "fan created" Jersey?

If so, I completely agree. Either that one, or the Stick & Rink logo with that color scheme would've been great.

The color scheme isn't bad at all. Though the design is a bit odd.

How they chose to scrunch Vancouver on the top. It's going to look bad for the Captains and Alternates to have even more lettering up there.

How they chose to scrunch Vancouver on the top. It's going to look bad for the Captains and Alternates to have even more lettering up there.

:o

Nice call! I didn't even think about that. Maybe they'll follow suit with the Wings and move the "C" as well. How about underneath the logo? Maybe somewhere on their gloves?

Ok, these are officially the worst new jerseys.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Their old ones were definitely better, these aren't bad though. I adore the shoulder logos but the actual chest logo looks out of place with the new color scheme.

:o

Nice call! I didn't even think about that. Maybe they'll follow suit with the Wings and move the "C" as well. How about underneath the logo? Maybe somewhere on their gloves?

Ok, these are officially the worst new jerseys.

Regardless of where they put it, it's going to be busy as hell on that jersey!

Are you referring to the Blue/Green color scheme with the Johnny Canuck logo "fan created" Jersey?

If so, I completely agree. Either that one, or the Stick & Rink logo with that color scheme would've been great.

Either one would've been fine, though I was partial to the Stick & Rink logo. The official ones.... :thumbdown::thumbdown:

the color scheme is not bad at all, the blue white and green looks good. The logo isnt even the worst part.

The stupid writing ruins the entire jersey, and as someone else mentioned above, good luck trying to fit A or C on there.

Probably the worst of all the new jerseys in my opinion

It looks like they couldn't make up their collective mind and just went with all of the options.

The stick and rink on the shoulder, Vancouver and the whale on the front, they just left out the skate and the canucks, maybe they can fit them on the pants.

Guest DetroitIan

Wow, I never thought about that. Yeah thats not gonna look good at all for the Captains and Alternates. Otherwise, I like the Vancouver on the chest. Although it should be alot smaller. Not so smushed in.

An improvement over the Dark blue and purple of years past, but this jersey is flawed in a couple of ways.

The actual logo lacks the green of the rest of the jersey and leaves it looking kind of dull, especially in the home version

The name 'Vancouver' making the captains 'C' look extremely cramped.

Overall though, the colours are better.

This is actually the first of the new designs that I find absolutely fugly. I liked the "fan created" ones shown earlier this summer MUCH better.

It's like they stuck the classic looking third jersey and the current jersey into a garbage disposal in Vancouver, and this is what it threw up. Absolutely horrible.

Guest jaytan

I think they used some variation of the VANCOUVER arched wordmark on the jerseys of the original Pacific Coast league Canucks.... So, basically, they threw in as much of their previous crap as they could and hoped it would somehow please everyone. Instead, it's a cluttered mess!

Just wait, soon they'll add that flying skate logo to the pants and helmets, just so nobody who grew up in the 80s feels left out.

They're OK to me. The C is too close to the VANCOUVER, but other than that, not that bad IMO. The home jerseys are better than the away ones. On the away ones just the sleeves are jacked up. Maybe they didn't need to put the VANCOUVER on there. Still for the Canucks, the new jerseys are outstanding.

I agree that the wording on the front "kills" the jersey. Also, I really don't like the "shirt tail out" look of the new style. I keep wanting to shout out "Tuck that thing in!" very time I see somebody wearing one.

I also stole this from another site on the topic:

Hey Markus?

Yeah, Roberto?

What team do we play for?

I don't know...let me check (looks down)

REVUOCNAV....it looks like.

Ok...cool.

Edited by Gizmo