• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Wings Concept Jersey

Rate this topic

...well if they decide to go with a vintage throwback, why not go with a Detroit Falcons or Cougars sweater? Still not as cool as the Winged Wheel, but if they want throwback it's better than the striped crap...

Trust me on this.....if you don't like the stripes (and I don't) then you REALLY don't want a Detroit Falcons jersey. Think more stripes, and the only time a color other than red or white ever showed up on a jersey other than on a patch.

Somebody shoot this man.

How could you NOT love the red wings logo?

Not only that, his fav jerseys are the ones the Canucks are currently wearing.

Keeping the same uniform sets us apart from the other teams taht change theirs every season.

It shows that us fans aren't of the MTV-iPod-ADD group. We don't need to see different jerseys every time we watch the Wings.

i hate that jersey i like their jerseys right now its original and its been the same since they first started hockey

Actually it wasn't. Detroit Hockey started out with 6 different jerseys in 7 years. The Detroit Cougars had a different jersey each year they were around, which lasted for 4 years. Then they became the Detroit Falcons and had the same jersey the 2 years they were around. Then they became the Red Wings who also changed the look of their jersey a couple of times. Personally I would like to see a throw back to the jersey that the Cougars wore their second year in the league.

Cougars2.gif

It shows a bit of history behind the team.

One thing the Wings could do that would NOT be tampering with tradition (IMO) and would move a lot of merchandise would be to go back to (maybe only occasionally) the old reverse logo. From the early 1970s to early 1980s, they had two precisely opposite versions of the winged wheel logo, one for the white jerseys and the other for the red. It was a brilliant idea and as far as I know has only been done by one other team, the Leafs, who still have a blue leaf on their white sweater and a white leaf on their blue sweater. Every time I see the now-mothballed second logo (which has a white dot in the centre instead of red, and with everything else the reverse of current), I get nostalgic. Here's a link showing some alternatives that could be revived if they ever go to some sort of third jersey.

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=11