• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
skacore

Sutter smokes Cherepanov (concussion)

Rate this topic

Sorry if this has been posted, this is from the Canada vs. Russia Super Series, Cherepanov received a concussion and is outta the series

This is #11 in the 2007 draft, Brandon Sutter, rocking #17, Alexei Cherepanov

he was asking for it soo bad... you can't cut into the mid like that lol.. luckily for him it was only Sutter whos made of sticks and bones and weighs 170 soaking wet... if that would have been Milan Lucic he probably wouldn't have gotten up

Guest GordieSid&Ted

he was asking for it soo bad... you can't cut into the mid like that lol.. luckily for him it was only Sutter whos made of sticks and bones and weighs 170 soaking wet... if that would have been Milan Lucic he probably wouldn't have gotten up

What was with the other canadian player going in and giving Cherepanov a shot at the end? Who was that and WTF? The guy just got rocked so you go in and give him a shove? F-in *****.

What was with the other canadian player going in and giving Cherepanov a shot at the end? Who was that and WTF? The guy just got rocked so you go in and give him a shove? F-in *****.

I don't think he gave him a shot, I think he just went to say a few words to him (which is probably fairly useless as I doubt Cherepanov has the ability to understand that kind of English) and the linesman kind of shoved him back, giving the look that the player took a shot at Cherepanov.

BTW, the kid is #17 Karl Alzner.

*****? Dude give me a break haha.. have you ever played hockey? I know if I laid a monster hit on the other team's star player in a playoff series, or my team mate did, I'd want to get inside his head as much as I could

He probably was just saying to him

"Hey jackass next time you try to slewfoot a guy make sure you skate around with your chin up and your head on a swivel!"

Which I am not sure Cherepanov heard because the tweetie birds flying around his head were making too much noise!!!!!

Guest GordieSid&Ted

*****? Dude give me a break haha.. have you ever played hockey? I know if I laid a monster hit on the other team's star player in a playoff series, or my team mate did, I'd want to get inside his head as much as I could

Who me? Nope, never played hockey in my life. I'm a professional juggler. I find juggling to be much more strenuous, requiring more effort and skill and toughness than ***** ass hockey.

Of course, hypothetically speaking, had I played hockey for say 20+ years or whatever I don't think I would have made a habit of taunting a guy whose eggs just got scrambled, especially if I wasn't the one who scrambled them.

But of course a tough hockey player like yourself finds it manly to taunt a guy who you didn't even smoke. What do you say to that person? Do you go up to them and say something like "yeah punk, take that! My teammate tagged you, come get some from me now!"

Nah, if I ever played hockey (which how could I with all my time being taken up with juggling), I would probably smoke somebody and skate away from them. IMO, laying somebody out and then skating back to your bench, maybe shooting a stare at the opposing bench all the while not saying a thing just seems more menacing to me. But I don't play hockey, have never played nor will ever play hockey so what would I know.

PS: If you ever get your bell rung I hope some guy punches you in the face while you're out cold. I mean, that's hard core right.

I don't think he gave him a shot, I think he just went to say a few words to him (which is probably fairly useless as I doubt Cherepanov has the ability to understand that kind of English) and the linesman kind of shoved him back, giving the look that the player took a shot at Cherepanov.

BTW, the kid is #17 Karl Alzner.

Ahh, thanks for the info. Yeah, it looked like the ref impeded him but I just didn't understand why he tried to get at him anyway. Maybe he was the guy Cherapanov slew footed and he wanted to say something about that. I might want to say something to in that case I guess.

Speaking of the series, I'm surprised at how thoroughly the Canadian team has destroyed and embarrased the Russian club. I knew that Canada would win the series but not this easily.

I hope this squashes any attempt at doing this again. The Russians juniors can't hold a candle to the Canadian teams heart, will, physicality, speed, goaltending or skill. We're beating them at every element of hockey. And it's been this way for a good 3 years.

It's pretty strange to say that. Usually the Russian teams feature a handful of guys that are incredibly quick and have tremendous offensive talent. But it's the Canadians that are showcasing some dynamite offensive prospects. Sam Gagner and Kyle Turris are dangerous everytime they're on the ice. And their creativity has been incredible. I can't say that about one of the Russian players.

This series would have been FAR more entertaining if it was Canada's best juniors playing the US's best juniors. The US team has given us a much better fight the last couple of years. This Russian team has only embarrased itself with it's lack of heart and will to fight back. They spend most of the game trying to cheapshot players after the whistle. A tell-tale sign of them being frustrated from being thoroughly dominated.

Who me? Nope, never played hockey in my life. I'm a professional juggler. I find juggling to be much more strenuous, requiring more effort and skill and toughness than ***** ass hockey.

Of course, hypothetically speaking, had I played hockey for say 20+ years or whatever I don't think I would have made a habit of taunting a guy whose eggs just got scrambled, especially if I wasn't the one who scrambled them.

But of course a tough hockey player like yourself finds it manly to taunt a guy who you didn't even smoke. What do you say to that person? Do you go up to them and say something like "yeah punk, take that! My teammate tagged you, come get some from me now!"

Nah, if I ever played hockey (which how could I with all my time being taken up with juggling), I would probably smoke somebody and skate away from them. IMO, laying somebody out and then skating back to your bench, maybe shooting a stare at the opposing bench all the while not saying a thing just seems more menacing to me. But I don't play hockey, have never played nor will ever play hockey so what would I know.

PS: If you ever get your bell rung I hope some guy punches you in the face while you're out cold. I mean, that's hard core right.

Ahh, thanks for the info. Yeah, it looked like the ref impeded him but I just didn't understand why he tried to get at him anyway. Maybe he was the guy Cherapanov slew footed and he wanted to say something about that. I might want to say something to in that case I guess.

Love your sarcasm and essay like post. But you're right, I'm sure trash talking in hockey never happens, especially in the playoffs or an 8 game series, I doubt NHL players ever say anything to their opponents after they get hit/lose a fight/get dangled, etc... give me a break lol, some people just like to type a lot and start up arguments on here it seems

PS. I bet Karl Alzner, the best defenseman in the tournament so far, would love to hear some hockey tips on how to be tough from Letsgowings.com poster named GordieSid&Ted, you should see if he has some sort of fan mail you can send in to

Speaking of the series, I'm surprised at how thoroughly the Canadian team has destroyed and embarrased the Russian club. I knew that Canada would win the series but not this easily.

I hope this squashes any attempt at doing this again. The Russians juniors can't hold a candle to the Canadian teams heart, will, physicality, speed, goaltending or skill. We're beating them at every element of hockey. And it's been this way for a good 3 years.

It's pretty strange to say that. Usually the Russian teams feature a handful of guys that are incredibly quick and have tremendous offensive talent. But it's the Canadians that are showcasing some dynamite offensive prospects. Sam Gagner and Kyle Turris are dangerous everytime they're on the ice. And their creativity has been incredible. I can't say that about one of the Russian players.

This series would have been FAR more entertaining if it was Canada's best juniors playing the US's best juniors. The US team has given us a much better fight the last couple of years. This Russian team has only embarrased itself with it's lack of heart and will to fight back. They spend most of the game trying to cheapshot players after the whistle. A tell-tale sign of them being frustrated from being thoroughly dominated.

Canada might not have the best hockey team in the world, but when it comes to juniors, they're far and away better than anyone else.

err.. that wasnt much of a shove. Most teams trash talk each other and push and shove after the whistle. Didn't seem like much of an issue there.

Am I the only one who thought Sutter's elbows might have been a little too high leading in to Cherapanov's head? I haven't seen the games, so I don't know why he would "have it coming." The hit just looked dirty to me.

Am I the only one who thought Sutter's elbows might have been a little too high leading in to Cherapanov's head? I haven't seen the games, so I don't know why he would "have it coming." The hit just looked dirty to me.

Looked like elbow/forearm to the head to me, but the board is obviously canadian-biased so I wouldn't expect anything less on here.

So in seeing this... who got the concussion the victim of the slue foot or the person hit head on?

Edited by OsGOD

I like to think my only bias is toward the red wings, and I have no interest in either of these players that would impact my pov.

Having said that, Sutter's elbow/forearm was not used deliberately in that hit. Just before he hits him he tucks his arm into his body to absorb the hit. The reason his elbow smashes Cherepanov in the head is because Sutter left his feet to make the hit. So while the hit may not have been dirty based on the elbow, it was definitely a charge.

It was a revenge hit because he had been slue footed by Cherepanov at the other end of the ice.

I saw a Youtube were a ranger fan was trying to say that Cherepanov did not slue foot him that he was just skating by. However if you watch that clip he happens to let his back foot drag behind him for a little bit and it just so happens to clip Sutter's foot.

Either way great hit, Cherepanov needs to put his head on a swivel if he thinks he can just slue foot someone and not get smashed especially on the same shift.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Love your sarcasm and essay like post. But you're right, I'm sure trash talking in hockey never happens, especially in the playoffs or an 8 game series, I doubt NHL players ever say anything to their opponents after they get hit/lose a fight/get dangled, etc... give me a break lol, some people just like to type a lot and start up arguments on here it seems

PS. I bet Karl Alzner, the best defenseman in the tournament so far, would love to hear some hockey tips on how to be tough from Letsgowings.com poster named GordieSid&Ted, you should see if he has some sort of fan mail you can send in to

What planet spawned you?

So I have a personal opinion that I don't think its necessary to taunt a player who gets laid out, especially if I wasn't the one who laid him out and you turn that into: "But you're right, I'm sure trash talking in hockey never happens, especially in the playoffs or an 8 game series, I doubt NHL players ever say anything to their opponents after they get hit/lose a fight/get dangled, etc..

How exactly did you come up with the conclusion that I claim hockey players never taunt or trash talk?

As for your PS. What the hell is that? What does him being the best defensman have to do with this topic?

In my playing days I talked plenty of s*** to plenty of people. What I didn't do was show people up and go after guys who were half dazed on their skates.

Me calling Alzner out for doing something I think was uncalled for is hardly starting an argument. You opened your big, dumb mouth, with the most juvenile, overused comeback of "have you ever played hockey", like i'm some imbecile who has no business talking about this, so it was only fitting that I explain my position, albeit sarcastically to your dumbass. Now, if you want to debate the merits of whether or not its appropriate to taunt somebody regardless of the circumstances that'd be fine with me, but if you want to continue being a ********* then i'll continue to let you know how fuggin ********* you are.

I edited out the naughty words but basically, everywhere you see asterisks, that's me calling you a dipstick. Cheers! :)

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

What planet spawned you?

So I have a personal opinion that I don't think its necessary to taunt a player who gets laid out, especially if I wasn't the one who laid him out and you turn that into: "But you're right, I'm sure trash talking in hockey never happens, especially in the playoffs or an 8 game series, I doubt NHL players ever say anything to their opponents after they get hit/lose a fight/get dangled, etc..

How exactly did you come up with the conclusion that I claim hockey players never taunt or trash talk?

As for your PS. What the hell is that? What does him being the best defensman have to do with this topic?

In my playing days I talked plenty of s*** to plenty of people. What I didn't do was show people up and go after guys who were half dazed on their skates.

Me calling Alzner out for doing something I think was uncalled for is hardly starting an argument. You opened your big, dumb mouth, with the most juvenile, overused comeback of "have you ever played hockey", like i'm some imbecile who has no business talking about this, so it was only fitting that I explain my position, albeit sarcastically to your dumbass. Now, if you want to debate the merits of whether or not its appropriate to taunt somebody regardless of the circumstances that'd be fine with me, but if you want to continue being a ********* then i'll continue to let you know how fuggin ********* you are.

I edited out the naughty words but basically, everywhere you see asterisks, that's me calling you a dipstick. Cheers! :)

You're an angry dude and that's okay, frankly I don't have the time or effort to reply to you anymore, but I am not the one who opened my "big, dumb mouth", you are the one who called Karl Alzner a ***** which is totally ridiculous, enough said

peace

Not to jump into an argument that I have nothing to do with but walking up to a guy who has a concussion (suffered one myself) and running your trap is:

A) useless, he is still trying to get his barrings.

B) classless, the guy left with a concussion, yes he got to his feet quickly, but so did I when I got mine. I got kicked behind the ear diving for a ball in soccer. I was a goalie and dove hands first into a teammate who was trying to do a scissor kick in practice, and he kicked me right behind my ear instead of the ball. I even kept practicing. But everyone told me afterward that they could see in my eyes that my head was some where else.

C) to me is a ***** move. Now does it make him a *****, no but use this analogy: If you see a woman dressed like a ***** does that mean she is, no it just means she wears the uniform, but if she dresses like that she will be treated like that 9 times out of 10. Alzner may not be a ***** but that was a ***** move. Sutter exacted his own revenge for the slue foot and did it very well there is no need for Alzner to do a damn thing.

Think about if you were on the ice for the Russian team and your teammate just got absolutely smoked and then some one comes in after the play that had nothing to do with the hit or the slue foot and starts pushing your teammate around and running his trap. Would you seriously sit there and think, hey it is hockey and he is just talking s***. NO you would think he was an ******* or a s***bag and want him away from your teammate.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Not to jump into an argument that I have nothing to do with but walking up to a guy who has a concussion (suffered one myself) and running your trap is:

A) useless, he is still trying to get his barrings.

B) classless, the guy left with a concussion, yes he got to his feet quickly, but so did I when I got mine. I got kicked behind the ear diving for a ball in soccer. I was a goalie and dove hands first into a teammate who was trying to do a scissor kick in practice, and he kicked me right behind my ear instead of the ball. I even kept practicing. But everyone told me afterward that they could see in my eyes that my head was some where else.

C) to me is a ***** move. Now does it make him a *****, no but use this analogy: If you see a woman dressed like a ***** does that mean she is, no it just means she wears the uniform, but if she dresses like that she will be treated like that 9 times out of 10. Alzner may not be a ***** but that was a ***** move. Sutter exacted his own revenge for the slue foot and did it very well there is no need for Alzner to do a damn thing.

Think about if you were on the ice for the Russian team and your teammate just got absolutely smoked and then some one comes in after the play that had nothing to do with the hit or the slue foot and starts pushing your teammate around and running his trap. Would you seriously sit there and think, hey it is hockey and he is just talking s***. NO you would think he was an ******* or a s***bag and want him away from your teammate.

:clap::clap::clap: what he said

You're an angry dude and that's okay, frankly I don't have the time or effort to reply to you anymore, but I am not the one who opened my "big, dumb mouth", you are the one who called Karl Alzner a ***** which is totally ridiculous, enough said

peace

Look, you didn't address what I said because you can't. There was no point to anything you were saying. You couldn't make anything you said stick so now GST is an angry dude????

I'm not an ageist but online forums should have age limitations. One second you're having a great discussion with somebody about hockey and the next some 15 year old, billy badass questions your hockey acumen and then tucks tail and runs for cover.

I don't know Karl Alzner at all. I've never watched him play so I don't know anything about him. But I know a jerk, "*****" move when I see one and that was it.

Gino Odjick once drilled Todd Harvey with a sucker punch to the side of the face. I'd call that a ***** move too. Does that mean Odjick was a "puss"? Stop taking things so literally and learn to read between the lines. Don't fret though, this ability will come to you later in life, like after you graduate from high school.

Sutter certainly had his arm up, but he hit Cherepanov in the chest with his forearm, not his head, so I feel the hit was fairly clean. Here's another video that slows the hit down a little bit:

I didn't watch the game either, but I'd imagine people are saying that Cherepanov had it coming because of his "slew-foot" of a Canadian player that you see at the start of the clip, when the puck's in the Canadian end. It's hard to tell whether that was intentional or not, though.