• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
skacore

Sutter smokes Cherepanov (concussion)

Rate this topic

Trash talking a player who is hurt is only something that a young hormone-filled amatuer player would do. And that's what these kids are.

The NHL will beat that behaviour out of most of them.

Also: Not to take away from Canada's play, but this is a dry spell for the Russian juniors. If this series were 5 or six years ago, the reslut would be different, just like it would be a few years from now.

I didn't watch the game either, but I'd imagine people are saying that Cherepanov had it coming because of his "slew-foot" of a Canadian player that you see at the start of the clip, when the puck's in the Canadian end. It's hard to tell whether that was intentional or not, though.

It sure looked like Cherepanov purposefully dragged/stretched his leg out to intentionally trip Sutter. He had it coming to him after that.

Trash talking a player who is hurt is only something that a young hormone-filled amatuer player would do. And that's what these kids are.

The NHL will beat that behaviour out of most of them.

The result would've been the same in the NHL -- the Canadian kids thought he purposefully tripped Sutter at the other end (and I agree) and it wasn't like Cherepanov's concussion was bad enough that he was laying on the ice convulsing. He hopped right up.

The result would've been the same in the NHL -- the Canadian kids thought he purposefully tripped Sutter at the other end (and I agree) and it wasn't like Cherepanov's concussion was bad enough that he was laying on the ice convulsing. He hopped right up.

exactly, It was a clean hit, a good hard play, and no one got hurt. :clap:

Guest GordieSid&Ted

exactly, It was a clean hit, a good hard play, and no one got hurt. :clap:

Cherepanov left the game with a concussion. Have you ever had a concussion? Ever heard of Pat LaFontaine, Eric Lindros, Brett Lindros, Jeff Beukeboom? Head injuries are the most frightening because there is no telling what or how much damage was done and for how long symptoms, if any will stick around.

Remember Cleary smoking Dion Phaneuf last year's playoffs? Dion was visibly wobbly on his skates but he got right up after the hit. Would it be "manly" for say, Franzen to go up to him and trash talk him after Cleary belted him?

I think the hit was clean but don't just spout off about nobody getting hurt, the kid left with a concussion get it?

As for Alzner, he wasn't even the kid that got tripped up or slew footed, whether it was intentional or not, Alzner had nothing to do with it. The play was dead, the whistle had blown and they were getting Cherepanov off the ice when Alzner skated up like a tough guy to mouth off. Alzner should shut his trap already. If he wants to talk trash, go smoke somebody and talk trash then. Go do something and talk trash. Don't talk smack to a guy who 1. can't prolly understand you, 2. is prolly half dazed on his skates anyway and 3. you weren't even involved. mind your ******* business and play the game. being a tough guy has its proper moments and that wasn't one of them. That was Alzner not respecting the opponent.

In all fairness, he may not have known how bad Cherepanov got hit, he may not have even seen it so he wanted to get in their to say his peace. I find that scenario unlikely though.

Cherepanov left the game with a concussion. Have you ever had a concussion? Ever heard of Pat LaFontaine, Eric Lindros, Brett Lindros, Jeff Beukeboom? Head injuries are the most frightening because there is no telling what or how much damage was done and for how long symptoms, if any will stick around.

Remember Cleary smoking Dion Phaneuf last year's playoffs? Dion was visibly wobbly on his skates but he got right up after the hit. Would it be "manly" for say, Franzen to go up to him and trash talk him after Cleary belted him?

I think the hit was clean but don't just spout off about nobody getting hurt, the kid left with a concussion get it?

As for Alzner, he wasn't even the kid that got tripped up or slew footed, whether it was intentional or not, Alzner had nothing to do with it. The play was dead, the whistle had blown and they were getting Cherepanov off the ice when Alzner skated up like a tough guy to mouth off. Alzner should shut his trap already. If he wants to talk trash, go smoke somebody and talk trash then. Go do something and talk trash. Don't talk smack to a guy who 1. can't prolly understand you, 2. is prolly half dazed on his skates anyway and 3. you weren't even involved. mind your ******* business and play the game. being a tough guy has its proper moments and that wasn't one of them. That was Alzner not respecting the opponent.

In all fairness, he may not have known how bad Cherepanov got hit, he may not have even seen it so he wanted to get in their to say his peace. I find that scenario unlikely though.

I've been fortunate enough not to have a concussion (usually the one dishing them out) but it's part of the game, it's a contact sport. When you are a kid you are taught to keep your head up and not cut into the middle like that. I know people who had to stop playing Hockey completely because of head injuries and I've seen some pretty scary things, but it was a good hit and thats what happens when you cut into the middle with your head down. He got up skated away on his own power and just seemed a bit dazed, your acting as if he was out cold and being taken away on a stretcher. Then it would be serious you never want to see a guy go off on a stretcher.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I've been fortunate enough not to have a concussion (usually the one dishing them out) but it's part of the game, it's a contact sport. When you are a kid you are taught to keep your head up and not cut into the middle like that. I know people who had to stop playing Hockey completely because of head injuries and I've seen some pretty scary things, but it was a good hit and thats what happens when you cut into the middle with your head down. He got up skated away on his own power and just seemed a bit dazed, your acting as if he was out cold and being taken away on a stretcher. Then it would be serious you never want to see a guy go off on a stretcher.

Actually i'm not acting like anything. I played probably as long as anybody on these forums and i've drilled many a player and i've had plenty of mishaps myself and 2 concussions (I think), never really diagnosed.

The issue I have here with Alzner is that it had nothing to do with him. Cherepanov got a piece of Sutter and Sutter got him back, that's the way it should be. I have no issue with that at all.

WTF does Alzner have anything to say for? Why not just be a Canadian player sitting on the bench taunting Cherepanov, same difference.

Its one thing to smoke somebody and revel in it a bit. Its another to jump to a teammates aid if he's getting manhandled or mistreated. But its something totally different to run your mouth off like you're a badass when you weren't even involved with the play.

Shut yer fuggin trap and play hockey. talk trash when you do something worthy of trash talk. It was unnecessary and that's just how I feel. I wouldn't disrespect another player like that.

If I smoke you, we both know and everybody else knows that I smoked you, there's no need for me to gloat about it. Who was the great NFL coach who said when you score a touchdown "act like you've been there before". Sorry, i'm old school and that's how I play(ed) and how I think the game should be played. I don't need to mouth off at somebody my teammate just steamrolled unless it had something to do with me prior to that point.

Now not really knowing any of the background of this series or what have you... frankly I couldn't care less about those two teams. Perhaps this Alzner kid was chirping for an event early in the game involving him and the other guy. I really don't know much about the history of these teams/players or even what the game was for :lol: so I am just speculating it was a "take that" for something that happend outside of these two plays, and maybe even series.

Now not really knowing any of the background of this series or what have you... frankly I couldn't care less about those two teams. Perhaps this Alzner kid was chirping for an event early in the game involving him and the other guy. I really don't know much about the history of these teams/players or even what the game was for :lol: so I am just speculating it was a "take that" for something that happend outside of these two plays, and maybe even series.

I see your point, but if it was something that happened before this altercation, I still don't see the point. Unless a Russian player smoked a Canadian and Cherepanov walked up to him and started talking s***. Other than that if you didn't scramble his eggs don't ask him if he wants homefries with them.

BTW when I first saw this thread I though Cherepanov was a type of Marijuanna or Crack and it gave one of the Sutter brothers a Concussion!

It sure looked like Cherepanov purposefully dragged/stretched his leg out to intentionally trip Sutter. He had it coming to him after that.

I don't think so...you don't trip somebody with you back leg while you are turning away from them. It looked more like Sutter's and Cherepanov's skates got tangled up,and because Sutter had just pivoted and was coasting backwards; so he ended up on his butt while Cherepanov's weight was primarily on his other foot, so it did not cause him to fall. You don't slew foot a guy by turning away from him and using your more distant foot to trip him. If Cherepanov had done that intentionally, it would have been done with the right foot, not the left.

What planet spawned you?

So I have a personal opinion that I don't think its necessary to taunt a player who gets laid out, especially if I wasn't the one who laid him out and you turn that into: "But you're right, I'm sure trash talking in hockey never happens, especially in the playoffs or an 8 game series, I doubt NHL players ever say anything to their opponents after they get hit/lose a fight/get dangled, etc..

How exactly did you come up with the conclusion that I claim hockey players never taunt or trash talk?

As for your PS. What the hell is that? What does him being the best defensman have to do with this topic?

In my playing days I talked plenty of s*** to plenty of people. What I didn't do was show people up and go after guys who were half dazed on their skates.

Me calling Alzner out for doing something I think was uncalled for is hardly starting an argument. You opened your big, dumb mouth, with the most juvenile, overused comeback of "have you ever played hockey", like i'm some imbecile who has no business talking about this, so it was only fitting that I explain my position, albeit sarcastically to your dumbass. Now, if you want to debate the merits of whether or not its appropriate to taunt somebody regardless of the circumstances that'd be fine with me, but if you want to continue being a ********* then i'll continue to let you know how fuggin ********* you are.

I edited out the naughty words but basically, everywhere you see asterisks, that's me calling you a dipstick. Cheers! :)

Maybe you're the one that has the concussion. If you saw the game, you would have seen that it was #17 who is Marchand and not Alzner who is #27. But I see how you could make the mistake. The number 1 looks so much like the number 2. The Russian player sure got up fast didn't he. I guess Marchand should of diagnosed the player first before he said anything to determine if he had a concussion.

Hopefully your spaceship comes soon to take you back to your playing days... zooooom!!!

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Maybe you're the one that has the concussion. If you saw the game, you would have seen that it was #17 who is Marchand and not Alzner who is #27. But I see how you could make the mistake. The number 1 looks so much like the number 2. The Russian player sure got up fast didn't he. I guess Marchand should of diagnosed the player first before he said anything to determine if he had a concussion.

Hopefully your spaceship comes soon to take you back to your playing days... zooooom!!!

You're a little late to the party my friend.

I didn't see the game, just the clip. PS: If you read like the first 5 posts you'll see where I had no idea who the Canadian player was, hence why I asked "who was the canadian player?". I was calling him Alzner based on everyone else in the thread telling me so.

As for your other point, I guess you make a habit of sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong either huh? Another one of those face-shield wearing teenagers who talks smack when SOMEBODY ELSE does something big. Don't worry, you should grow out of that in time.

As for my playing days. Nope, can't go back now. Too beaten up, too tired and too busy. Of course if I could play the game still I'd probably still play it with some respect for my opponents. I guess they never taught you that where you come from tough guy.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

You're a little late to the party my friend.

I didn't see the game, just the clip. PS: If you read like the first 5 posts you'll see where I had no idea who the Canadian player was, hence why I asked "who was the canadian player?". I was calling him Alzner based on everyone else in the thread telling me so.

As for your other point, I guess you make a habit of sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong either huh? Another one of those face-shield wearing teenagers who talks smack when SOMEBODY ELSE does something big. Don't worry, you should grow out of that in time.

As for my playing days. Nope, can't go back now. Too beaten up, too tired and too busy. Of course if I could play the game still I'd probably still play it with some respect for my opponents. I guess they never taught you that where you come from tough guy.

I have read your posts, again. One thing I did take out of them this time is that you must be physic. You seem to know what people are thinking about, their ages, what they have done etc... Oh! I forgot. Assumptions.

Your assuming that Marchand knew that Cherepanov had a concussion. Come on. How about I make one and say that he was sticking up for his team mate who just got slew-footed. What do you think about slew-footing? I guess you have to be really tough to do that.

Cherepanov was going to get something for his slew-foot and it probably wasn't going to be a trophy. If you have played any team sport, you would know about all the emotions that go on in a game. Players stick up for each other. I'd rather have someone on my team that I know will be there if I get into to trouble. Your playing days were probably behind the bench opening up the doors for the players and doing your trash talk from there. You're probably lucky that you had the boards between you and the palyers you were trash talking. Could you see over the boards at that time?

I myself do not agree with shots to the head and think something has to be done. Also if you do something stupid on the ice, you better keep your head up.

I have to go now and blow my nose, I stuck it where it shouldn't be.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I have read your posts, again. One thing I did take out of them this time is that you must be physic. You seem to know what people are thinking about, their ages, what they have done etc... Oh! I forgot. Assumptions.

Your assuming that Marchand knew that Cherepanov had a concussion. Come on. How about I make one and say that he was sticking up for his team mate who just got slew-footed. What do you think about slew-footing? I guess you have to be really tough to do that.

Cherepanov was going to get something for his slew-foot and it probably wasn't going to be a trophy. If you have played any team sport, you would know about all the emotions that go on in a game. Players stick up for each other. I'd rather have someone on my team that I know will be there if I get into to trouble. Your playing days were probably behind the bench opening up the doors for the players and doing your trash talk from there. You're probably lucky that you had the boards between you and the palyers you were trash talking. Could you see over the boards at that time?

I myself do not agree with shots to the head and think something has to be done. Also if you do something stupid on the ice, you better keep your head up.

I have to go now and blow my nose, I stuck it where it shouldn't be.

"sticking up for his teammate who just got slew-footed". Yeah, Sutter steamrolls the hell out of Cherapanov and the Canadian boys need sticking up for? Please. He slew footed somebody, Sutter I think, and Sutter made him pay for it. Marchand or Alzner or whoever the f*** it was should shut the hell up. Whose aid was he coming to? Sutters? Yeah, sutter sure looked like he needed sticking up for.

As for the rest of your comments. You're sad. You're a pathetic little man. Don't deflect your own poor, pathetic experiences of playing hockey onto me. Who do you think you're hurting with that rubbish? I know how long I played and I know maybe a thing or two about sticking up for my teammates. I have the damaged hands to prove it.

The bottom line here is that Marchand/Alzner/Donald ******* Duck, wasn't involved in the play, he didn't lay the hit on Cherepanov, Cherepanov did nothing to him and none of the Canadian players needed sticking up for at that moment. What you had there was Cherepanov getting smoked and big mouth wanting to rub it in by shooting off his mouth. I think its disrespectful. I didn't make a habit of running around shooting my mouth of in instances like this. That says something about my character. The fact that your view is completely 180 degrees from mine on this says alot about your character and your ridiculous comments about trash talk only further my assumptions that you're a big fat puss. CHEERS :hehe: