• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Which 1 player are you longing to see?

Rate this topic

Which 1 player from our roster are you most anxious to see? For me it’s a choice of 3 but if I had to choose one it would be Grigorenko. The reason being because there’s been so much hype about him and the wait has been so long. How will he fare in his long awaited rookie season; is he capable of putting up 40+ points? I’m interested to see how Babcock handles him and whether he’ll get decent minutes. I sure hope so because I think if all goes well he could be a very valuable player this season.

I also can’t wait to see Filppula, not only because he’s my favourite player but considering he played great in the playoff’s he could well be our #2 centre. With a season under his belt he’ll be more confident and hopefully he shots the puck a bit more! He’s got all the tools he just needs to back himself. He's one youngster who Babcock has faith in so he should be given lots of time this season, especially on the special teams.

So who's the one player you can't wait to see in action this season?

Flipper, my favorite player in Holmstrom, and if he isn't in the minors for most of the season due to Meech having to clear waivers etc., I'd like to see a little more of Quincey, and see if he can build off a fairly solid showing in the playoffs.

Grigorenko. What's the word on him, is he going to be in Detroit or GR this season?

Depending on how well he does in the training camp and the first few games etc, its my understanding that he could have a permanent spot somewhere on line 1 or 2, or he could end up being a 13th forward type. But don't quote me on that.

Filppula by far, but I can't help but get excited about Rafalski and Grigs.

i'm not of the opinion personally that Rafalski is going to be particularily exciting. I think he'll do his job, and do it well, and we kinda wont notice him...sort like Lids..

and thats fine in my book..

i'm excited at looking at Grigs because he could bring that "something" that no one quite expects. He's an unknown. I'm also excited to see what the "little ball of hate mkII" can do with decent minutes and maybe being Datysuks left wing...

Flipper, my favorite player in Holmstrom, and if he isn't in the minors for most of the season due to Meech having to clear waivers etc., I'd like to see a little more of Quincey, and see if he can build off a fairly solid showing in the playoffs.

Filppula in the minors? :lol:

If he makes the team this year, I really wanna see what Kindl can do.

As for the older players, I'd like to see Hudler and Franzen step it up this year (and they will).

I'd say Grigorenko, purely because I wanna see if he lives up to the hype and I'd love to see if he got paired with Datsyuk. Eliminate the unproven factor in Grigs and I say I can't wait to see Fillpula develop into 2nd line center. I think this is his break out year, last year he wasn't given the minutes, but after his playoff showing this past spring, I'm hoping Babs plays him full time. Add Rafalski to the mix and I'm salivating over our line up this season: young and hungry mixed with oldies but goodies