• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
skacore

Emmerton & Pyett haven't shown much in the Super Series so far

Rate this topic

This is my first time seeing Logan Pyett and Cory Emmerton play and I was really excited, but so far they haven't really done anything noticeable. I rarely see Pyett out there so I can't really comment on him, but Cory Emmerton has been getting decent ice time and hasn't made the most of it. From what I've read about Emmerton he does show signs of it being true, I can see he has nice hands and playmaking ability and he's not afraid of traffic or going to the net, but he just looks a stride behind everyone else out there. Is he a below average skater? He is often a step behind on the forecheck and to the puck and doesn't look very strong on his skates. And I know they often give an inch or two when doing player's stats but there is NO WAY Emmerton is even close to 6'0 190, he looks like he is along the lines of 5'8 170. I'm hoping he gets some offense in the last 4 games of the series in Canada.

Anyone else been watching him?

And I am by no means counting him out or putting him down I really wish the best for him.

I've been happy with his play so far. Emmerton is playing with Gilles and Tyrell , both are not known for there offence and there on the 4th line. There supposed to bring energy and they have.

Pyett hasent done much , but he is only the 6th/7th defenceman. He's been steady in the games he's played in.

Oh and I think Emmerton is 6'0 , its either that or 5'10

Neither of them are getting a whole lot of ice time.

Emmerton has looked pretty good in the games he's played so far. No, he's not scoring a whole lot, but he looks like he could be a defensivily responsible player while also being an offensive-minded player, which is great considering he's a goal-scorer anyways.

Given more ice time, he could be an excellent two-way threat, both offensivily and defensivily. I'd like to see what he could do on a 1st or 2nd line.

Pyett doesn't stand out, but he's getting even less ice time. He's got a ways to go as it is.

Oh, and by the way: I can't believe how bad Russia is. They've just rolled over and died this whole series. Cherepanov couldn't have been that big of a loss: he wasn't do anything before he got hurt.

I expected Russia to a lot better. Oh well, I want Canada to win anyways. This should also be good for Grapes' ego and those "good Canadian boys". :P

Edited by Kp-Wings

Pyett now has 9+8 in 19 games so far as the new Pats Capt.

Emmerton and my rookie tip Mursak aren't putting up the #

expected. Both are playing on bottom placed teams in their

Division's. Can the Wings get Emmerton moved from Kingston

as his form seems to have dipped drastically this year. Maybe

a change of scenery could do him some good.