• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfan4ever

Charity softball game

Rate this topic

About this time last year there was a charity softball game between the Wings and the Tigers alumni at Comerica Park. I haven't heard anything about it this year, so I was wondering if anyone knew anything. I've heard about the one in Royal Oak against their firefighters next Sunday, but that's not the one I'm thinking of. I'm kinda disappoined because it was lots of fun last year.

Next Sunday:

(from previous thread) http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...44905&st=25

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...5/70816038/1053

Red Wings to take softball field for charity

August 16, 2007

FREE PRESS NEWS SERVICES

The winged-wheelers will trade in their skates for cleats in the name of charity.

Several Red Wings players and personalities are scheduled to play the Royal Oak Fire Fighters at Memorial Field in Royal Oak. on September 9 at 2 p.m.

Red Wings scheduled to play include Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Chelios, Dan Cleary, Kris Draper, Brett Lebda, Andreas Lilja and Kirk Maltby.

General admission tickets are $10 and the proceeds will go to the Detroit Red Wings Foundation and the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow at the Hockeytown Authentics in Troy, at all three Royal Oak Fire Stations and at the Joe Louis Arena season ticket office at 313-396-7575.

That is about it for the games

Edited by OsGOD

OH yeah I know... but as I said at the end.. That looks to be all you are getting for softball games at least this year.

They don't do much for the fans anymore ever so you gotta take what you can.

Edited by OsGOD

The Tigers play at home next Sunday and Comerica Park is not available. I think the charity game against the Tigers' alumni can only happen if the Tigers are away. The game is always played the Sunday before the Wings' head for training camp.

The Tigers play at home next Sunday and Comerica Park is not available. I think the charity game against the Tigers' alumni can only happen if the Tigers are away. The game is always played the Sunday before the Wings' head for training camp.

read above. Thats why the game is at Royal Oak. They are not having a game at the CoPa this year.