• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Leafs suspend Mark Bell indefinitely

Rate this topic

So if he can't play anyway, can he serve his jail time now and get it over with?

I suppose they could always speed that process up, but I would think that would depend on what kind of treatment he has to do for the substance abuse program.

Think they'll make a signing to maybe take his place with the cap space they now have?

Fergie has said that the only free agent he'd even consider at this point is Peter Forsberg, and he appears to be a Christmas signing.

The Leafs have a glut at forward, even without Bell in the mix. They'll have like 18 forwards in camp who could realistically play in the NHL, or could at least challenge for a spot.

1. Sundin

2. Blake

3. Tucker

4. Wellwood

5. Steen

6. Antropov

7. Ponikarovsky

8. Stajan

9. Kilger

10. Devereaux

11. Battaglia

12. Belak

13. Salmelainen

14. Gamache

15. Newbury

16. Ondrus

17. Pohl

18. Jeremy Williams

Then you have Mark Bell, which makes 19 forwards. They'll also have about 9 defencemen in camp with NHL capabilities.

Edited by MacK_Attack

Fergie has said that the only free agent he'd even consider at this point is Peter Forsberg, and he appears to be a Christmas signing.

The Leafs have a glut at forward, even without Bell in the mix. They'll have like 18 forwards in camp who could realistically play in the NHL, or could at least challenge for a spot.

1. Sundin

2. Blake

3. Tucker

4. Wellwood

5. Steen

6. Antropov

7. Ponikarovsky

8. Stajan

9. Kilger

10. Devereaux

11. Battaglia

12. Belak

13. Salmelainen

14. Gamache

15. Newbury

16. Ondrus

17. Pohl

18. Jeremy Williams

Then you have Mark Bell, which makes 19 forwards. They'll also have about 9 defencemen in camp with NHL capabilities.

Unfortunately for the Leafs, most of those NHL-capable guys are third and fourth liners and bottom-three defensemen. Using LGW TradingTM they could put together two lines full of all-stars, along with a top-four that includs only top-ten defensemen. And a Vezina contender in net.

Guest DetroitIan

Good. Im glad they suspended him. He turned into one of the biggest bums in hockey. Get him outta here until he cleans up his act.

Guest Yzer19

Crazy how fast a player can fall from grace...last off-season he was the highly sought-after budding power forward who was going to put San Jose over the top, now his career is falling to pieces...feels like Theo Fleury all over again.

All it takes is one bad decision. I can't understand why a professional athlete would throw it all away like that. Bell's career is probably done now.

All it takes is one bad decision. I can't understand why a professional athlete would throw it all away like that. Bell's career is probably done now.

All people, professional athletes or not, deal with the same issues and problems. If someone has a proclivity for "substance abuse" it's going to come through whether they are a garbage truck driver, professional athlete or investment banker.

Ah well I still say its all s*** about the after affects of this hit and run drunkeness...

At least I can still watch Miss Lohan drunken parties now since she did her 82mins of jail for all the s*** she pulled.

Ah well... it is what it is.

John Ferguson just confirmed on the FAN 590 that his placement into Stage 2 was required as part of his plea agreement. He has been in Stage 1 since he was charged with DUI and hit-and-run and has passed every blood-alcohol test admistered since that time.

Fergie expects to have a Bell back before the season starts.