• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rwcrazy

Looking for an "O" Stick

Rate this topic

looking to get a Reebok 9k stick for my son, Ive seen it around the internet avg price for $229.00 anyone know if there is a less expensive store, or online store?

thanks a bunch

GO WINGS!!!

see if you can find one thats "pro stock". Some shops manage to get the leftover sticks that some nhl players dont use so they call them pro stock. They're a lot more durable and usually cost $50-$60 less than the normal stick because they don't have a warranty, which doesn't matter because they're more durable.

You're not going to get them for much cheaper than that, the stick basically just came out to the general public. Try ebay maybe? I remember seeing an 9ko at Hockeytown Authentics but it was 300$ game used by Dats. Yet a friend of mine got a Synergy Si-Core at Sensations (sens version of Hockeytown Authentics) for around 50$ the stick was game used by Mezaros. But at the end of the day what I mean to say is, you cannot find a 9ko for much less than the running price.

In my past experiences, anytime you buy anything from HA, you will pay a pretty penny for it. I've been able to find much better deals on Ebay, and most of the items still come with a COA.

As for the 'O' stick, a friend of mine is a manager at a Play It Again Sports, he said it is highly unlikely to find it for less than $230, as that is pretty close to the cost of the stick.

looking to get a Reebok 9k stick for my son, Ive seen it around the internet avg price for $229.00 anyone know if there is a less expensive store, or online store?

thanks a bunch

GO WINGS!!!

try www.hockeyworld.com. They do not list a price, but call for one to see. They ship equipment from a warehouse in the Northeast.

I had a really good experience with them and they treated me really well when I had a problem.

In my past experiences, anytime you buy anything from HA, you will pay a pretty penny for it.
Only for a "name" player (Dats, Hank, etc.) I'm using a Vapor XXX Williams stick that I got for $100 from HA. Before that I used a Warrior Dolomite that I got for $45 that was Paul MacLean's. My son got a Jimmy Howard unused RBK 6K graphite stick for $40 at the equipment sale. However, I've found that the selection is usually better at the JLA store intead of at the Troy location. You can also call them at JLA and request that they hold a stick for you at the store if you're going to a certain game there.

i'm pretty sure this guys knows thats outrageous for a stick. but when your sons eyes light up (i dont have kids yet i'm 20, just speaking from when my dad got me stuff...) its worth every penny. and if it makes him think he plays better and he's willing to sacrifice cost on say a cheaper helmet or something, why not.

saw i lang O stick when i was at HA a few months back for 160. keep looking or wait a few months and it'll come down.

LOOK AT THE IPHONE!!! haha

I've used 30-50 dollar sticks my entire life and am quite content with that. i really can't see my skill level improving an extra 150-200 dollars worth by using a different stick

Try a nice one piece stick. It does make a significant difference. They will give a mediocre shot some bite, and can make a good shot even better.

If you don't have soft hands, these sticks aren't for you. But if you do have soft hands, you will appreciate the increased 'feel' level that they provide.

Factor in the reduced weight of the one piece stick if nothing else, that makes a huge difference.

Lastly, no one piece of equipment will increase you skill level. You are looking at that all wrong. What the proper equipment will do for you is allow you to maximize the use of your talent. Some of which you may not even be aware that you have!

The "O" stick seems rather gimmicky to me. Especially the whole reduced wind resistance, or drag, or whatever they call it, is that really an issue with a hockey stick? I think not.

Haha, yeah as someone with university training in physics and engineering, I can say that reducing drag on a hockey stick is pretty insignificant compared to the drag on the huge ass player skating with it.

Try a nice one piece stick. It does make a significant difference. They will give a mediocre shot some bite, and can make a good shot even better.

If you don't have soft hands, these sticks aren't for you. But if you do have soft hands, you will appreciate the increased 'feel' level that they provide.

Factor in the reduced weight of the one piece stick if nothing else, that makes a huge difference.

Lastly, no one piece of equipment will increase you skill level. You are looking at that all wrong. What the proper equipment will do for you is allow you to maximize the use of your talent. Some of which you may not even be aware that you have!

Louisville makes some pretty nice (and very light) one-peice composite sticks that can be had for around $40 online.

thanks a bunch

GO WINGS!!!

Out of curiosity, how old is your son? Just trying to get an idea if this would be a good stick for him. And as others have said, you won't find this stick for much less than $230...

Louisville makes some pretty nice (and very light) one-peice composite sticks that can be had for around $40 online.

Personally, I use the TPS Responce Plus. The older style, back when they only made the Responce, Responce Plus, and Responce xn10.

But please, give me a link where there is a $40 TPS one piece! I'm still pissed they discontinued my curve, again.

Personally, I use the TPS Responce Plus. The older style, back when they only made the Responce, Responce Plus, and Responce xn10.

But please, give me a link where there is a $40 TPS one piece! I'm still pissed they discontinued my curve, again.

Louisville TPS Intrigue Control Senior Hockey Stick

Now it's down to $30, but only left and one blade pattern. :(

I have been using two piece composite sticks for a while and love them. I was considering trying out a one piece but they seem to break way too easy (everyone I played with that has/had one has broken them). I have abused my Easton Ultra-Lites for a few years and they are still good to go. I will stick with the 2 piece composites until they make a more durable 1 piece. I mean I would be pissed to spend 2 bills on a stick and break it after 1-2 games (which I have seen happen a bunch).

Edited by WhiteCloud

Firstly the stick only comes in Jr or Sr, there is no intermediate size. Jr is selling anywhere from $150.00 to $180.00 and the Sr sells for $230.00 to $250.00.

You can call 1800Faceoff I know they have them.

I would however suggest that you take your $200.00 and buy a $20.00 wood stick and spend the remaining $180.00 on a camp teaching your son how to use the stick.

I know I'm stating the obvious but the "O" stick is not going to make your son a better player