• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GoCryWolfe

Wings Tix for $9?

Rate this topic

News coming out of Detroit today that the Wings will being selling $9 tickets to games when tickets go on sale later this month. They will be sold on a month-to-month basis, and the most one can buy is two tickets. The best kicker? Only available at the Joe... so us out of staters are still in pain.

Link: $9 Wings Tickets

Anyone have a guess where these seats are? lol

News coming out of Detroit today that the Wings will being selling $9 tickets to games when tickets go on sale later this month. They will be sold on a month-to-month basis, and the most one can buy is two tickets. The best kicker? Only available at the Joe... so us out of staters are still in pain.

Link: $9 Wings Tickets

Anyone have a guess where these seats are? lol

Probably in the parking lot. Very interesting article, though, and it's the first I ever heard of any such offer. Is there any more to this article?

I just called up Illy, that is what I call Illitch, he calls me Opus. It is kind of a weird relationship.

He said

Opus, my homie, you don't want those tix, my nizzle they are on the roof. We give you a telescope and you get to watch the game through holes we cut in the roof, fo schizzle

It is weird the other night he had huge baggy jeans on and he took me to a 5 star resturaunt, he is taking his MTV make over way to serious!

They had them available for preseason games at ticketbastard.

You can get $9 tickets for the preseason opener on the 20th.... however the service charges are $5.75 per ticket so its freakin hilarious :lol:

Btw I have seen them at Row 23-26 in the upper corners.

Edited by OsGOD

Here's where the tickets are that I found on ticketmaster. Notice the Obstructed view warning.

Detroit Red Wings vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI

Thu, Sep 27, 2007 07:30 PM

Your Ticket(s)

Section

Row

Seats

Description

204A

5 - 6

Price Level 7

Arena Level (Upper Bowl)

Warning! Limited or Obstructed View!

Type2 Full Price Ticket Ticket PriceUS $9.00 x 2

Convenience ChargeUS $5.75 x 2

Guest Yzer19

No thank you. I'd rather watch the game at home than have a limited or obstructed view. What good is it to go to a game and then not be able to see it? You still have to pay for parking and stuff from the concession stand.

Just come to my house and watch televised games in 42" of HD (where available).

If you feel like you're missing out on the "high altitude" experience, we can get you some opera glasses to look through the wrong end of, and "arrange" a nosebleed, free of charge!

Well at least they got their act together and started charging only $9 for the tickets as opposed to $22 they have been charging for the past few years.

The hardest parts about those rows 24-25 is that they are in the corners where they flatten out in that cubby-hole. If you are going cheap the best place to sit is the LAST ROW that way you can stand up the entire time (no body behind you to yell at you) and you can stand on your chair if need be. Do not expect to see anything except the backs of heads from the row in front of you if you are sitting down... it is impossible. you MUST stand to see anything up there. Now I have seen Row 23 being sold for $9 in other games... that is a perfect seat, you are the at the top but you are the last row before it starts to flatten out so you can see much better while being in your chair.

Once again $9 is WAY BETTER than the $22 they were charging up to this point.

Edited by OsGOD

Just come to my house and watch televised games in 42" of HD (where available).

If you feel like you're missing out on the "high altitude" experience, we can get you some opera glasses to look through the wrong end of, and "arrange" a nosebleed, free of charge!

I get that altitude experience all the time and I don't have to sit in the nose bleeds

No thank you. I'd rather watch the game at home than have a limited or obstructed view. What good is it to go to a game and then not be able to see it? You still have to pay for parking and stuff from the concession stand.

butttttt, you can sneak down to the lower bowl in the 2nd period.

I always thought it would be cool to put some plexi glass or something underneath the rafters and make like a 'glass floor' and then have seats etc above them. Gives you a literal birds eye view of the game.

Guest jaytan

Here's where the tickets are that I found on ticketmaster. Notice the Obstructed view warning.

Detroit Red Wings vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI

Thu, Sep 27, 2007 07:30 PM

Your Ticket(s)

Section

Row

Seats

Description

204A

5 - 6

Price Level 7

Arena Level (Upper Bowl)

Warning! Limited or Obstructed View!

Type2 Full Price Ticket Ticket PriceUS $9.00 x 2

Convenience ChargeUS $5.75 x 2

I read that they just seat you in Tiger Stadium and let you watch it on TV.

butttttt, you can sneak down to the lower bowl in the 2nd period.

I was just going to say that. I am deff heading to the Joe with a friend and grabing 4 tickets. The game is not going to sell out any way and you c an just move down if you want. Its like buying Standing room only tickets at a Tigers game and sitting where ever you want if its not sold out.

The Wings are definately having issues getting season's ticket holders.

I contacted the Wings and I pretty much have my pick of what kind of package I'd like.

They are selling a 12 game package for about $1200 (for two seats). I'm very tempted to buy this. I don't have the cash but I'd like to purchase them, go to about 3 or 4 games and sell the rest. I just don't have $1200 US laying around.

Guest Yzer19

Wow. What happend to the waiting list for season tickets? When I saw $9 tickets I figured they were getting desperate to sell tickets.

Wow. What happend to the waiting list for season tickets? When I saw $9 tickets I figured they were getting desperate to sell tickets.

They are. If you go to the Wings official site you can order seasons tickets right now.

Why hasn't Illitch learned that the ticket prices are simply overpriced?

He was spending close to $80M a year on salary and despite that getting cut in half he keeps the same ticket prices? Well now he's learning the hard way. People don't have the same money they used to. The economy is crap and I truly believe that the lack of a North American offensive star has kept some fans away.

If this team had a Spezza, Heatley, Rick Nash, even a Patrice Bergeron, there would be more interest.

Fans miss their Stevie's, Shanny's and McCarty's.

I put Offsides name on the list during the playoffs this season as I knew we would not be renewing this season..

SHE GOT AN E-MAIL to get them... :lol: the wait list is about zero.

They are. If you go to the Wings official site you can order seasons tickets right now.

Why hasn't Illitch learned that the ticket prices are simply overpriced?

He was spending close to $80M a year on salary and despite that getting cut in half he keeps the same ticket prices? Well now he's learning the hard way. People don't have the same money they used to. The economy is crap and I truly believe that the lack of a North American offensive star has kept some fans away.

If this team had a Spezza, Heatley, Rick Nash, even a Patrice Bergeron, there would be more interest.

Fans miss their Stevie's, Shanny's and McCarty's.

I'd love Heatley wearing the winged wheel...