• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

Sopel and another veteran d-man coming to camp

Rate this topic

Sopel 's not a bad pickup for the right amount of money. I just hope he wouldnt be taking a spot away from my guy Quincey.

As for the other veteran D... i heard Eric Weinrich's name floating around tsn as a possible comeback player. Not saying i'd want him, or that the Wings even have a USE for the guy - just saying I have heard his name mentioned.

Interesting to see who it is.

I thought that Vancouver re-signed him. Or am I thinking of someone else?

Apparently Vancouver has washed their hands of Sopel... its a clean break for the two sides.

^^^ Oh lou. :lol:

Interesting news... and finally, something at least. I'm curious to see who this "other defenseman" is, and whether he's a good enough player to replace Lilja full-time. Hopefully it is so.

As for Sopel... meh, we can do better. I wouldn't be mad at Holland if we signed him though. We could use another defenseman to play top 4 minutes to save Chelios for the playoffs.

From what I've read a fresh Coffee will provide some jump on our D - provided he's a regular so he won't get stale sitting on the bench.

How much are you gonna pay this guy though? With the cap and all, we cant afford to be giving him star bucks.

...not to suggest that this is the other d-man, I know he is from here and I am not sure if he has already signed with some other team, but I ran into Darrien Hatcher at Metro today, he was down in luggage claim waiting for someone to pick him up. that being said, I am just throwing his name out there because I ran into him and now there are rumors of these two d-men trying out.

...like I said, I know he is from here and still has family so I am 99% sure that he was just coming home for a visit or so...

...but then again...

...not to suggest that this is the other d-man, I know he is from here and I am not sure if he has already signed with some other team, but I ran into Darrien Hatcher at Metro today, he was down in luggage claim waiting for someone to pick him up. that being said, I am just throwing his name out there because I ran into him and now there are rumors of these two d-men trying out.

...like I said, I know he is from here and still has family so I am 99% sure that he was just coming home for a visit or so...

...but then again...

Hatcher is still under contract with the Flyers.

I liked Sopel when he was with the Nucks and think that he at least deserves a look in training camp. Worse case scenario is he doesn't make the team and life goes on for both parties.

Looking at that Camp list...its kind of sad that our only new forward coming from a different NHL team is Drake...would have liked to see a couple fresh faces. Oh well, we've been through that one a couple times here on the board in the last 2 months

How much are you gonna pay this guy though? With the cap and all, we cant afford to be giving him star bucks.

Hey, the guy could probably still hold down a job over some rookie fresh from junior. I would wager that Coffey is better than Seattle's best.

Just a few D vets who are looking for jobs;

In no order of preference,

Sopel

Berard

Cairns

Tanabe

Pratt

Muir

TJARNQVIST* possable, he is Swedish...

Vaananen

Melichar

Jackman Richard

Not sure what the Wings are actually after, Vet to look after the kids, then maybe Cairns has a chance. But any one is going to have to fit

in with the puck moving side we have. How old is Todd Simpson? He

went and played in Germany last year, maybe wants one last shot?

Just a few D vets who are looking for jobs;

In no order of preference,

Sopel

Berard

Cairns

Tanabe

Pratt

Muir

TJARNQVIST* possable, he is Swedish...

Vaananen

Melichar

Jackman Richard

Not sure what the Wings are actually after, Vet to look after the kids, then maybe Cairns has a chance. But any one is going to have to fit

in with the puck moving side we have. How old is Todd Simpson? He

went and played in Germany last year, maybe wants one last shot?

Todd Simpson or Eric Cairns? YES PLEASE!