• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

Bob Lang ready to be captain?

Rate this topic

Brent Seabrook to me seems like the obvious choice to captain the ship. Why the hell knot?! What better pick to put a stop to the ebb that has gone on with this organization for far too long.

He's got great work ethic on the ice and plays hard on both ends with an uncanny ability to utilize that big body of his. Also, no one can score clutch goals in big games the way that he can. He's clearly the best choice for captain of the Hawks and should have been our captain last year.

Guest Crymson

The NHL.com poll asks who should be the Chicago Blackhawks' next captain. The OBVIOUS answer is for Bob. Please vote!!!

http://www.nhl.com/

Man, Lang as captain would sure make for one wholly unmotivated team.

I don't see how this is funny, or how anyone can bash him when none of us here know whether or not he can lead a team. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as Captain. I think it'd be great for him.

Hah.

Keep dreaming. Lang's inability to find motivation to actually use his talent is what makes it such a joke for him to be a captain. I can't believe he's even being considered. Seabrook should be the captain of that team, as he's already a proven leader at his young age. Not Lang.

But hey: just for the hell of it, I should vote for him. It would be damn funny to see him as a captain, mainly because he should be the farthest thing from it. He's like a Czech version of Yashin in my opinion, which is why I found it so amazing that there are Lang fans here.

I wouldn't hold my breathe though. If Savard is that stupid to pick his captain off an NHL.com poll, then the light is still quite far away on that organizations dark tunnel.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Bob will definitely enjoy the fantastic food of Chicago.

Portillo's - Chicago-style hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches

Giordano's - deep-dish pizzas

Not to mention the endless bars, ethnic restaurants and snack stands throughout the city.

Hah.

Keep dreaming. Lang's inability to find motivation to actually use his talent is what makes it such a joke for him to be a captain. I can't believe he's even being considered. Seabrook should be the captain of that team, as he's already a proven leader at his young age. Not Lang.

But hey: just for the hell of it, I should vote for him. It would be damn funny to see him as a captain, mainly because he should be the farthest thing from it. He's like a Czech version of Yashin in my opinion, which is why I found it so amazing that there are Lang fans here.

I wouldn't hold my breathe though. If Savard is that stupid to pick his captain off an NHL.com poll, then the light is still quite far away on that organizations dark tunnel.

Yashin captained both the Sens and Isles...so saying a guy is like Yashin is not the same as saying he can't be captain. Lang captained the Czech Olympic team so it's not inconceivable for him to be a captain on a team with skilled players who have worn the C or the A. Who else on Chicago has worn the C at the NHL or Olympic level?

Brent Seabrook to me seems like the obvious choice to captain the ship. Why the hell knot?! What better pick to put a stop to the ebb that has gone on with this organization for far too long.

I think yarrr wright.

Bob will definitely enjoy the fantastic food of Chicago.

Portillo's - Chicago-style hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches

Giordano's - deep-dish pizzas

Not to mention the endless bars, ethnic restaurants and snack stands throughout the city.

Dude! Lang effing LOVES pizza.

Guest Yzer19

I don't think there is anything wrong with having a veteran player like Lang as captain of a young Chicago Blackhawks team. Having a veteran player as captain helps take the pressure off the young players. Even the Wings realized their mistake in picking a young player as Captain the last time around so this time they picked an established veteran as captain. So far it has worked out really well for the Wings.

As for those people suggesting that Lang should've been captain of the Wings, I disagree. We really didn't need him as captain. When Lang first came here we already had a veteran player as Captain. In Lang's last year with the Wings we had Lidstrom as captain.

How has Seabrook demonstrated that he's a proven leader? Lang has captained NHL teams and Olympic teams, obviously there's something there.

Edited by Heaton

How has Seabrook demonstrated that he's a proven leader? Lang has captained NHL teams and Olympic teams, obviously there's something there.

I think the real question here is how hasn't Robert Lang proven he's a leader? And on that note I gladly give my vote to Cap'n Lang o' the Blackhawks

I don't think there is anything wrong with having a veteran player like Lang as captain of a young Chicago Blackhawks team. Having a veteran player as captain helps take the pressure off the young players. Even the Wings realized their mistake in picking a young player as Captain the last time around so this time they picked an established veteran as captain. So far it has worked out really well for the Wings.

Indeed, although picking Stevie for captain was the best choice and he had the broad shoulders needed to carry the burden, it's always a risk when you ask a really young player to take up that mantle- as Boston leaned with Big Joe (although they were still laughably stupid for trading him).

As for those people suggesting that Lang should've been captain of the Wings, I disagree. We really didn't need him as captain. When Lang first came here we already had a veteran player as Captain. In Lang's last year with the Wings we had Lidstrom as captain.

:unsure: Unfamiliar with sarcasm? :hehe:

Robert Lang, captain, for real? The guy can't motivate himself. Though with the sorry state the Blackhawks are in, it would be a beautiful accent to their laughable program. I still can't believe there are people who honestly think he should have been the captain here! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! please tell me thats a joke....