• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yzerfan1999

I miss this guy...

Rate this topic

First of all, I don't like Lebda. I have my reasons.

Second of all, he doesn't really suck per say, but he majorly overated around here. I hate it when people come off and claim he is far beyond years over Kronwall, because that is not true. Lebda is a #6 defenseman, at best, and really offers nothing except the occasional end-to-end rush goal that comes once a season.

The Wings have enough offensive defenseman, so Lebda has no place on this team in my opinion. He doesn't even put up that good of numbers, and he's small and easily overpowered.

Lilja does suck. Sorry, but he does. That mistake in Game 5... that was about the 3rd or 4th time he did that over the course of the season, every time resulting in a goal.

Maybe it's more or less my disliking for both of them, but I still wish they were both gone. Dandy wasn't overly special either: but I still like him more then those two.

Who are all these offensive defenceman you say we're overloaded with? Kronwall has yet to show much of any steady offensive production at the NHL level, (he has flashes of brilliance only to go into a shell for weeks) leaving Rafalski and Lidstrom as our only 2 proven offensive defenceman. For a puck possession based team that is far from too many.

Lebda works great as a cheap role player. How much do you actually expect out the guy? Don't you think you're being a little harsh? He was our lowest paid player last season, he's young and has only played 1.5 seasons in the nhl, and has decent upside.

I see that as pretty damn good value in a salary cap era.

And to make it sound as if there are numerous regular members on these boards claiming Lebda is better than Kronwall is just plain ludacris. Kronwall is if anything overrated on these boards. You should spend less time posting, more time reading.

Edited by Son of a Wing

Obligatory response to a Dandenault thread - if anyone has a video of this, you have my eternal gratitude.

Pretty sure it was Game 5 of the 2004 WCFs. Here comes some Predators jackass skating up to the Wings bench. Was Dandy going to sit there and let him skate by before hopping on the ice to take his shift? Hell no! He reached out there and got him some action. Nearly tore the guy's head off with one fell swoop.

Always laugh thinking about it. How on Earth did he avoid being penalized for that play? :lol:

Dandy was a versitile player with speed and could make a good first pass out of the zone. He was a good utility player and would do anything that the coaching staff asked of him. We've done a lot worse on the blue line. No he didn't put up a ton of points, but he wasn't expected to. It wasn't his job. Just like we don't expect any offense from Chelios... whatever guys like that can contribute is a bonus. Dandy was never one of my favorites, but I think that the team misses his speed and versitility.

Personally, I miss this guy...

IPB Image

/end sarcasm ;)

My best freind's grandapa is a dog sled racer and is the reason Uwe got in deep s*** with the organization for racing sled dogs instead of playing. She has pics and everything. UWE..... What a douchebag!

Scored alot of big goals for us. One of the best 3rd/4th liners in Detroit history, without Dougie Brown we dont win the cup in 98.

On those cup teams, though, he wasn't a 3rd/4th liner. As I remember, he played with Fedorov and Kozlov, so he got some significant ice time. But yes, he did score a lot of huge goals for us in the playoffs, although I wouldn't go so far as to say that we couldn't have won the cup without him in 98.

Guest DetroitIan

On those cup teams, though, he wasn't a 3rd/4th liner. As I remember, he played with Fedorov and Kozlov, so he got some significant ice time. But yes, he did score a lot of huge goals for us in the playoffs, although I wouldn't go so far as to say that we couldn't have won the cup without him in 98.

I would sure the hell hope so. Cause anyone that says we wouldnt have won the cup without Mathieu frickin Dandenault knows nothing about the Red Wings, or hockey in general.

Since we're reminiscing about former third and fourth liners, I thought I'd give a shout out for Doug Brown.

DOUGIE BROWN!!! :siren::siren::clap:

I would sure the hell hope so. Cause anyone that says we wouldnt have won the cup without Mathieu frickin Dandenault knows nothing about the Red Wings, or hockey in general.

What about people who don't know they were talking about Doug Brown?

Jeez...it sounds like you have some animosity towards the poor guy. He's a decent utility player - lets leave it at that. I think he fit well within the Wings system during their Cup wins.

The Little Ball of Hate

IPB Image

I definitely don't miss Dandy....we saw the one highlight of his Wings tenure going almost end-to-end setting up a goal....Lebda does that on an almost nightly basis with I'd say more consistency.

Lebda is a smaller, less skilled version of Dandenault. Putting it any other way is just incorrect.

IPB Image

Always liked the guy - seemed like he really gave 'er and damn, could he skate.

From Spectors

DANDENAULT'S JOB IN JEOPARDY?

CANADIAN PRESS: reported Montreal Canadiens defenceman Mathieu Dandenault's position as a regular member of the team's blueline corps could be in jeopardy. Head coach Guy Carbonneau recently listed Dandenault with blueline prospects Josh Gorges, Ryan O'Byrne, Jamie Rivers and Jean-Phillipe Cote. Carbonneau intends to carry eight defencemen, of which Roman Hamrlik, Andrei Markov, Mike Komisarek, Francis Bouillon, Patrice Brisebrois and utility player Mark Streit are expected to be regulars.

Spector's Note: For all the dismissive talk of the Canadiens blueline depth the club does possess a couple of promising kids who could crack the lineup this season, which could make Dandenault expendable.

Scored alot of big goals for us. One of the best 3rd/4th liners in Detroit history, without Dougie Brown we dont win the cup in 98.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but the goal he scored to tie Game 2 of the 1998 SCF is still one of my all-time favorites. So clutch!

On those cup teams, though, he wasn't a 3rd/4th liner. As I remember, he played with Fedorov and Kozlov, so he got some significant ice time.

Bowman switched around his lineups so much that Brown played on just about every line at some point that season. He played 3rd/4th line minutes, though.