• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

The Official: 2007 Detroit Lions Season Thread

Rate this topic

Guest jaytan

My hopes aren't up or anything, but it is nice to see them 2-0 - especially since they had to win two close games to do it. Of course, if they can somehow beat Philly, then I'll start giving them more credit. I don't see them having a complete turnaround this season, but it looks like decent progress so far.

Kitna and Roy had me on my feet yesterday hootin' and hollerin', the Detroit fans are going to fall in love with Kitna very fast if he keeps this intensity up. I thought i picked up on a Kitna chant late in the 4th. Of course as we know in Detroit that love for the QB can change fast lol, but its still great to watch so far. Roy WIlliams is absolutely hilarious, he's a nut and i love it! That first down sign with the helmet was almost as good as the one last year he made while lying on the ground! Cracks me up every single time.

I'll be happy next week as long as its a tightly contested game...win or lose. This will be the true test.

I hesitate to make this comparison, but I kind of have that '06 Tigers vibe with this team. That team always seemed to step up at the end and win in exciting fashion, so far thats been the Lions.

O'Sullivan sucks. I wanted to punch him through the TV screen virtually the entire time he was in on Sunday.

Or at least slap him alongside the head.

Kitna is the difference between respectability and a Top 3 pick in the draft next year.

Jon Kitna = Kenny Rogers?

Calvin Johnson = Justin Verlander?

Roy Williams = Joel Zumaya?

can I do that now, or do I have to wait? Philly's 0-2, and if everyone had to pick the team in next week's matchup at Philly that was 2-0, nobody'd have said the LIONS. Half the people on this ship of mine here are Seahawks fans as we are out of Washington state, and every single one of those bastards who gave me hell about Michigan the past two weeks, heard it in stereo when the Cardinals knocked them off.

Either Albom or Wojo - can't remember which - said it perfectly: When's the last time you saw the fans at Ford Field/the Silverdome cheering for the starting quarterback coming back into the game? That's partly a reflection on Kitna and partly a reflection on the fact that Orlovsky needs to be elevated to #2 as soon as that toe's feeling better.

Guest jaytan

Now now, let's not get too excited. We don't want to be shocked and angry at the Lions when they lose next week. :)

Were we on the Tigers bandwagon 20 games into the season in '06?

Hey, when you're in a conference where being 7-7 entering the final weeks will most likely have you firmly planted in the playoff race...being 2-0 is a reason to be very excited even though its early.

Jon Kitna = Kenny Rogers?

Calvin Johnson = Justin Verlander?

Roy Williams = Joel Zumaya?

I like it!

A (very belated) high five to the Lions and Kitna, who is officially on the A team. I will remember that OT "pass play" til the day I die. :lol:

Faith is a weird thing... and I don't yet have it after victories over puny Oakland and Minnesota. Philly will be a good game to gauge how different these guys are from Lions teams past, if at all.

This again seems to be a matchup where the Lions secondary shouldnt get exposed. Stop the Westbrook screen pass, score 21 pts, and you win the game. Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis is a s***ty recieving duo, and given the issues McNabb is having with the Philly fans and the media it does have the makings of a Lions victory!!!!

Guest DetroitIan

Eagles jerseys for sunday

GOOD GOD THOSE ARE AWFUL!!

:puke:

Holy s***, you've got to be kidding me. Those are the WORST football jerseys ive ever seen in my life. And Im not exaggerating on that. Those are the absolute bottom of the barrell, ugliest things ive ever laid eyes on. And not just from the NFL, im talking those are the worst jerseys in SPORTS. :lol:

Guest Yzer19

Holy s***, you've got to be kidding me. Those are the WORST football jerseys ive ever seen in my life. And Im not exaggerating on that. Those are the absolute bottom of the barrell, ugliest things ive ever laid eyes on. And not just from the NFL, im talking those are the worst jerseys in SPORTS. :lol:

Actually I don't think they're all that bad.

These are by far and away the worst jerseys of any professional sports team: http://www.theticketking.com/tickets/images/packers.jpg

Guest Yzer19

Somebody please wake up the defense and tell them the game started at 1:00. This is a really bad game. The Lions D has been brutal. If I had to grade them for the first half they would get a F.

Oh...

my....

god

Kevin Curtis just got a years worth of stats in 1 game. That display of defense was even worse than Michigan against Oregon. Eagles were just doing whatever the hell they wanted at will...despicable coverage, horrendous tackling...ugh. As crazy as it seems though, the Lions still have a winnable game at home against the Bears coming up.

yeah, the bears have no offense and I don't think the bears D can hold the lions down the entire game. if the lions can shape up their D and play halfway decent, they should have a good chance

Now *those* are the Lions I know and love. :lol:

Truthfully, I didn't expect them to win this game, but giving up 42 1st-half points is just a *tad* bit extreme.

Hope Calvin is okay and I don't think the Lions are as bad a team as they looked today. That Philly team was desperate for a W and it showed on the field.

Guest Yzer19

I was expecting them to lose too, but I didn't expect them to get flat out embarassed. I don't what the deal with our defense was, but they were horrible. Shaun Rogers was invisible. I just wonder if injuries were the problem with Rogers yesterday.

Guest jaytan

I expected them to lose, but wow.... I didn't see the game because they don't televise the Lions out here, but I suspect those bright yellow uniforms had something to do with the outcome. It's got to be a lot harder to differentiate between white and yellow than white and dark green on a sunny day when you're trying to find your receivers and whatnot. Plus, the glare would be blinding and unexpected to the team that didn't practice in white vs. yellow all week in preparation for this.

On top of that, the Lions were probably distracted, confused and a little disturbed.

The Bears are going down next week - book it.

Actually I don't think they're all that bad.

These are by far and away the worst jerseys of any professional sports team: http://www.theticketking.com/tickets/images/packers.jpg

:lol::lol::clap:

If you honestly believe the Packers jerseys are the worst in all of professional sports, I question your sanity. Trust me, the majority of the population (excluding Packers and Lions fans) would state that the Packers unis are better than the Lions.

Just like the Red Wings, the Packers unis are classic!

I like the Packers jerseys. The Bengals have to be by far the worst. They are one of the ones that would prevent me from getting a guy i really likes jersey if he played for them. Case in point I really liked Carson Palmer at USC, and had he played just about anywhere else i'd have gotten his NFL jersey. But hell no to Cincy...i'd never wear that hideous crap.