• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

Kindl Dreams of Red Wings Roster Spot

Rate this topic

i think the redwings have a problem on defense ......... not a bad problem , a good one , but a problem nonetheless

we got right now .......

lidstrom ( he's here as long as he wants , which could be another 3 yrs if he decides to go to 40)

kronwall (some of you hate him but hes here for another 5 yrs regardless)

rafalski ( here for 6 more yrs )

lebda ( 3 more yrs on his deal)

chelios ( at this rate he wont be going anywhere anytime soon)

after that we got

lilja whos supposedly gonna be in the top 6

now because of someone like lilja who i personally dont find that good and chelios who although i really like the guy and can still play is taking up a roster spot that can be given to a youngster for the next few yrs , if chelios decides to stick around for another say 3 yrs we got 2 spots left when we kick out lilja and one is a 7th spot ...... now on defense we got younger guys who on other teams might be playing right now

kyle quincey should play now

derek meech - will likely be the 7th defencemen , but i cant possibly see him having a future here

jakub kindl - who i think if he plays well should be playing now , regardless of his age

jonathan ericcsson - been playin well so far in the tournament although its only 2 games, + hes been good last yr in the ahl and hes a big big body which we need would be a welcome addition this yr

logan pyett - i think hes got some nice offensive tools and can be maybe a future brett lebda type ( not nhl ready though )

brendan smith - he''s got some nice skill and could be a valuable player for us ( not nhl ready for maybe 3 yrs )

what id like to see the lines this year are .......

lidstrom kindl

rafalski kronwall

lebda chelios

lilja

i know it wont happen but id love to see kindl learn from one of the best defensemen of all time before he retires , the 2nd unit would be nicely balanced with rafalski and kronwall and the 3rd unit is nice as well ..... keep lilja on the 7th spot he doesnt like it .... too bad ......... i say we just trade meech now cause hes got no future here

now next year we can replace lilja with quincey , even though he should be in the top 6 but after that where does ericsson go ?????? even if kindl doent make it this year he likely will make it the next ....... and then ericsson is screwed unless chelios or lidstrom retires or we trade lebda

sorry for writing so much guys lol i just think the wings have alot of problems ahead of them on defence

2007-08

- A vetrean D-man makes the team out of camp. Let's say Sopel.

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Rafalski - Sopel

Chelios - Lilja

Lebda

Call up priority: Meech, Kindl, Quincey

Meech clears waivers.

If someone gets hurt (very likely) then Meech comes up and stays (won't clear waivers a 2nd time).

Kindl will get call-ups throughout the season. He and Ericsson will both be more noticeable than Quincey in the AHL. But Quincey will be more NHL ready than Ericsson, who is a more raw talent (if that makes sense).

2008-09

-Lilja will be gone.

-Cheilos' final season (yeah, I'm typing this)

- Meech gets traded

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Rafalski - Kindl

Chelios - Lebda

Quincey

Call up priority: Ericsson

2009-10

- Lidstrom's final season

- Lebda gets traded

- Detroit sign veteran d man

Lidstrom - Kindl

Rafalski - Kronwall

Quincey - Veteran

Ericsson

Bold predictions!!!!!!!

Edited by rick zombo

I cannot wait to see Kindl make his debut for the Wings and there’s no doubting he has all the tools to be an exceptional player. I’m sick of waiting; I’d love to see him make the roster this season! However when I think about it realistically, the chances of it happening are very slim.

- Lidstrom's final season

What despair these three words instill :(

In any case, the Wings are too strong at D for Kindl to have a chance at making the team this year. I personally doubt that the Wings will sign Sopel too, unless he signs for a very low price, because we are basically set at D with what we have now.

if the Wings defense stays healthy... i'm liking grand rapids for the Calder cup a lot.

consider Qunicy, Kindl, Meech (possibly), Ericsson, Ference in GR..thats a mighty defense core

Edited by Cicada

Guest DetroitIan

I look forward to seeing what this kid can bring to the table. I actually have really high hopes(from what I've seen) for Kindl in Detroit. IMO all he needs is a chance to prove himself at the NHL level. Im sure when he gets that chance, he'll prove to everyone, why he deserves to play with the big boys.