• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

Holland confirms three camp tryouts

Rate this topic

this one is much better

HELL YES IT IS. I remember that.

Sign him, Kenny! hehe

Why does Holland insist on bringing in half-ass "tough guys"???

None of those 3 guys either use their size effectively (Sopel, Cullimore) or always seem to get their bell rung everytime they engage in a fight (Downey)

Who cares. I'd rather have our players fight and lose, then not fight and stick up for the mates at all.

None of those 3 guys either use their size effectively (Sopel, Cullimore) or always seem to get their bell rung everytime they engage in a fight (Downey)

A half-ass "tough guy" beats having no tough guy at all.

I'm bigger on Sopel than the other two. He's a right-handed shot that is competent in his zone and great on the PP.

Cullimore gives us exactly what Lielja gives us now.

And while Downey can chuck knuckles better than anyone on our club, he's still a liability out there.

Lidstrom-Sopel

Kronwall-Rafalski

Leijla/Lebda-Chelios

That's a pretty good defense right there. Lots of puck movers and everyone takes care of their own end.

Edited by Hank

Because they're not making the big club regardless.

I'm bigger on Sopel than the other two. He's a right-handed shot that is competent in his zone and great on the PP.

Cullimore gives us exactly what Lielja gives us now.

And while Downey can chuck knuckles better than anyone on our club, he's still a liability out there.

Lidstrom-Sopel

Kronwall-Rafalski

Leijla/Lebda-Chelios

That's a pretty good defense right there. Lots of puck movers and everyone takes care of their own end.

Who is going to be Kronwall's replacement?

Who is going to be Kronwall's replacement?

Kindl, Ericsson, or Quincey. Kenny's of the mind that they are not in competition for the 7th spot. They're in the competition for one of the active roster spots. And Nik going down opens up a lot of minutes.

butchered that edit....

Downey isn't the best tough guy in the world but he sure isn't the worst either, he can throw down and is very willing. Its just nice to see that the Wings camp has a few fighters in it this year with Adam Keefe, David Jarram, Brad Ference, Neil Clark and now Aaron Downey. The camp should be pretty entertaining if nothing else. Lets hope a few of them get into a couple of pre season games too and get to throw their weight around a bit.

Sopel i wouldn't mind..

Downey would and should be a GR player if anything.

Cullimore can kindly go out side and play hide and go f*** himself. He was the worst player on the blackhawks last season...worse than aucoin

Downey isn't the best tough guy in the world but he sure isn't the worst either, he can throw down and is very willing. Its just nice to see that the Wings camp has a few fighters in it this year with Adam Keefe, David Jarram, Brad Ference, Neil Clark and now Aaron Downey. The camp should be pretty entertaining if nothing else. Lets hope a few of them get into a couple of pre season games too and get to throw their weight around a bit.

Keefe is signed with the Griffins and Neil Clark is signed with Port Huron.

I actually wouldn't mind Sopel but to be honest I thought this would be the year when some of our young ones would really get a chance to shine. Hopefully Sopel will be owned by someone like Kindl during camp...