• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Sharks Dubbed as Cup Favourites.

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=218136&hubname=nhl

"I say this with all due respect to the Detroit Red Wings - they're a great organization - I think we beat ourselves instead of them beating us," says Sharks GM Doug Wilson. "We had an opportunity to put them away and we didn't."

:rolleyes:

We had an opportunity to put the Ducks away too...and we messed up. 'Close' doesn't count.

oops, just realized i wrote 'Sharked' - hope Matt can edit that.

Edited by Yzerfan1999

Guest DetroitIan

*Yaaaawn* Yeah yeah, we heard it all before. The Sharks are dominant, the Sharks are huge, the Sharks are strong, the Sharks are better. Even right before our series against them. 6 games later the Sharks are on the golf course. I would fear the Ducks(even without Scott Niedermayer)more than I would ever fear the Sharks. But luckily Im a Red Wings fan, so I fear NO team. lol

Doug Wilson says things like this a lot and then wonders why his teams fall apart. I'll believe the Sharks are true contenders when I've seen they have it mentally and when they've established a good defense. Until then, they're a good team; not a great one.

They did have us up against the ropes. I remember thinking to myself that we can't keep playing how we're playing through the first 2 games or we're going to loose. They were in our zone like it was a powerplay through much of those games. In the end, though, I don't think they beat themselves, but rather weak goaltending did.

with all due repect to the sharks, we beat you fools and didn't think twice about it. Shotty goaltending and an inability to beat us in our own end, spelled your doom. Lidstrom robbing grier on an open net is a perfect dicotamy for how that series went. The wings said something simlar abuot the ducks and it was true. We failed to capatilze when we had the chances and we lost. Hey duggie? The history books won't record that the sharks beat themselves, they'll record that they lost.

Doug Wilson is absolutely right. We were terrible in the first 4 games of that series and the Sharks should blame themselves for not putting us away. I don't understand how any of you can say there's no reason to fear the Sharks. If anything, we should fear them more, because I don't think they would let an opportunity like that slip away again.

I don't get it. What big acquisitions did this team make in the offseason to be cup favorites? The only moves they made were losing Hannan and Toskala. They're still a bunch of overachievers with a captain that pulls a Houdini every time they need him the most.

Guest DetroitIan

well...may the best team win i guess

We already did. ;) But we'll go ahead and do it again in case anyone missed it. :D

After reading the article, I have this to say.

The Sharks defence, isnt very good.

Matt Carle, while a good young Offensive defenceman, sucks on defence. Plus, he's not very big.

Craig Rivet, a good depth defenceman, too bad he's slotted at #3 or #4 on the depth chart.

Kyle Mclauren, a good guy, I like him alot, but is NOT a top defenceman.

M-E Vlasic, a good young defenceman, has alot of potential, too young to be a number 2 defenceman.

Christian Ehrhoff, isnt very good at a whole lot. decent depth guy.

Rob Davison, yeah, AHLer at best.

so.

Mclauren-Vlasic

Carle-Rivet

Ehrhoff-Davison

up agaisnt

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Sopel

Chelios-Lebda/Lilja

:lol:

After reading the article, I have this to say.

The Sharks defence, isnt very good.

Matt Carle, while a good young Offensive defenceman, sucks on defence. Plus, he's not very big.

Craig Rivet, a good depth defenceman, too bad he's slotted at #3 or #4 on the depth chart.

Kyle Mclauren, a good guy, I like him alot, but is NOT a top defenceman.

M-E Vlasic, a good young defenceman, has alot of potential, too young to be a number 2 defenceman.

Christian Ehrhoff, isnt very good at a whole lot. decent depth guy.

Rob Davison, yeah, AHLer at best.

so.

Mclauren-Vlasic

Carle-Rivet

Ehrhoff-Davison

up agaisnt

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Sopel

Chelios-Lebda/Lilja

:lol:

Did I miss when we actually signed Sopel? :huh: I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Oh and our defence is better for sure but I would take their top 6 forwards over our top 6 ANY DAY.

Did I miss when we actually signed Sopel? :huh: I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Oh and our defence is better for sure but I would take their top 6 forwards over our top 6 ANY DAY.

Sub in Lilja for Sopel until he gets signed then :P

And, I'd take there top 6 over ours too. But if we could change Marleau for Zetterberg, now that'd be deadly.

Seriously people, do we realy care that badly that they are considered Cup favorites from ONE SOURCE OUT OF MANY? It's called a prediction guys and gals, I don't know why everybody is getting all worked up about this when predictions have absolutely little/no effect on what actually happens during the sesaon.

Seriously people, do we realy care that badly that they are considered Cup favorites from ONE SOURCE OUT OF MANY? It's called a prediction guys and gals, I don't know why everybody is getting all worked up about this when predictions have absolutely little/no effect on what actually happens during the sesaon.

I think what's pissing me off is what Doug Wilson said than whatever they ranked the Sharks.

Wilson says "with all due respect" but doesn't really give the Wings any respect or credit. You lost, and the better team won, and that's it. If your team is as good as you say they are then maybe your captain should of stepped up and provided the necessary leadership, your goalie should of made that save in overtime, and whatever player shouldn't have been in the box. I strongly believe a team is just that, a team, and if critical elements of the team breaks down, then it all goes to s***.

Go cry in your pillow Mr. Wilson, you need to stop making excuses for your team and try again this year.

You have to win four hard fought games to win a playoff round; potential to win them means nothing.

Edited by Louisville