• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hckypete96

Is it Hoodlum's time to shine?

Rate this topic

With the new lineup and lack of acquiring a top six forward, is it Huddles time to shine? I hear all this talk about Grigerenko this and Grigs that but the bottom line is that Huddles, when given a chance, can score. The kid scored 15 goals last year with 4th line ice time. I think if he was with Z and homer he would score 25 goals easily. I keep hearing reports on how he AGAIN may be the odd man out and might spend most of this season in the press box.... what do u think will happen? I hope the lil guy gets a chance this year to prove that he can play with the big boys...

HP96

I think Hudler definitely has the skills to become a good scorer, but is trying to develop him even worth it with his lack of size? He played well last year and Babcock benched him in the playoffs because he was getting knocked around too much by the Sharks and the Ducks. He's not going to get much bigger. He needs to find a way to play against the big, tough guys, or he'll always be a depth player for us.

Free Hudler!!!!

Free Hudler?

ILL TAKE IT!

(dials Lang's phone #)

Hello, Lang? Yes, its me. I have something you want...

/simpsons

I think Hudler definitely has the skills to become a good scorer, but is trying to develop him even worth it with his lack of size?

Nah, you're completely right. Besides.... who's ever heard of Martin St. Louis?

Edited by swedishconnection

Nah, you're completely right. Besides.... who's ever heard of Martin St. Louis?

St Louis is good defensively and a great skater. Has more offensive skills then Hudler and has scored and will continue to score big goals. A better choice to compare would be Gionta, whos still young and has only gotten a shot the past couple of years.

Sorry, I believe Flips will have more of an opportunity. Then Griggs or what ever the heck his name is.

Dats

Zets

Homer

lids

Then whom ever gets the PP time. May be Rex.

I think Hudler definitely has the skills to become a good scorer, but is trying to develop him even worth it with his lack of size?

last year he lacked size and ice time and still scored 15 goals. i think even at point last season he led the league in goals per time on ice.

Guest jaytan

I think Hudler definitely has the skills to become a good scorer, but is trying to develop him even worth it with his lack of size? He played well last year and Babcock benched him in the playoffs because he was getting knocked around too much by the Sharks and the Ducks. He's not going to get much bigger. He needs to find a way to play against the big, tough guys, or he'll always be a depth player for us.

Well, when you put it this way, I guess we could give him a bunch of ice time and try to get him some easy goals during the regular season so we can use him as trade bait.

Norrisnick: Datsyuk and Zetterberg should have more goals than Hudler.

So should Holmstrom.

I think your expectations are a bit lofty.

With Pavel and Z split up, I don't think Homer will be back in the 30-goal range this season. Pavel has only been in the upper-20s the last couple seasons. On a line with Z, or Pavel, Hudler has a very good shot at 30+ goals. He got 15 with crap minutes spending most of the season on a crap line. Playing with the type of talent he's slated to be playing with his scoring rate will increase exponentially even if he doesn't quite get 15min/gm.

As for top 5 in points that's Z, Pavel, Nick, possibly Rafalski, and then Hudler is right there in the mix with Holmstrom and whoever else will score for us this season.

And if people still have an issue with my optimism for Hudler's production feel free to turn it over as a display of pessimism for the rest of the team. ;)

Wanna put some money on it? I'll even give you odds...

I'd feel bad taking your money.

And what if it doesn't happen?

It will so I'm not gonna worry too much about the what ifs.

It will so I'm not gonna worry too much about the what ifs.

How do you know? Been gazing into the Magic 8-ball lately? :lol:

IPB Image

Seriously now, how do you know it will happen? As much as I like Hudler and I'd like for such a scenario to happen, I think that's a wee bit lofty goals for him you've set as well.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

With Pavel and Z split up, I don't think Homer will be back in the 30-goal range this season. Pavel has only been in the upper-20s the last couple seasons. On a line with Z, or Pavel, Hudler has a very good shot at 30+ goals. He got 15 with crap minutes spending most of the season on a crap line. Playing with the type of talent he's slated to be playing with his scoring rate will increase exponentially even if he doesn't quite get 15min/gm.

I think another part to his 15 goals is that, while playing with inferior talent on the fourth line, Hudler also played against inferior talent on the other teams' fourth lines. It comes down to what situations Babcock placed him in, and I don't think he'll do as well against other teams' top 2 lines. I didn't review the goals, so some of them might have come against better opposition, but I still don't expect him to score more than 15-20 goals even with increased ice time.