• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

NHL Center Ice....Who's In?

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

I just renewed my subscription for my 3rd season of NHL Center Ice. Well, actually I got Time Warner to put me on auto renew, seeing as that the package isn't available yet in my area. Does anyone else have Center Ice already locked in for this year, and if so, what did the price end up being for the season? I remember a couple years ago the early bird special was $129.99, and this past year it was bumped up to $149.99.

Its out of shear curiosity, but who all gets CI here?

I have been a subscriber for 4 years now. I havent ordered it yet this year. But that's only because I usually wait till a few days before the season starts. I cant wait. I live for NHL Center Ice. :clap:

I just renewed my subscription for my 3rd season of NHL Center Ice. Well, actually I got Time Warner to put me on auto renew, seeing as that the package isn't available yet in my area. Does anyone else have Center Ice already locked in for this year, and if so, what did the price end up being for the season? I remember a couple years ago the early bird special was $129.99, and this past year it was bumped up to $149.99.

3 years running now!

ah man....i just called time warner here in austin to order center ice for the 4th season and they said that there is a hold on it right now?!?!?!?! WTF...don't tell me timewarner is trying to make us pay even more like they did with the NFL network.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

I plan to get Center Ice but I am debating on changing tv provider. I currently have Time Warner and I live in Lebanon, OH, just outside of Cincinnati. Time Warner in my area does not have Versus, yet 10 miles away in South Dayton they offer Versus. So, since Center Ice blacks out games broadcast on Versus, I'll apparently be paying more this year for CI and getting less games.

I am seriously considering Directv, but the thing holding me back is not being able to use my Tivo to record two channels at once.

Anyone have any wisdom for me? I'd like to give Time Warner the finger because everytime I call about Versus they just say "oh we'll make a note that you inquired about it" and give me the run-around.

I plan to get Center Ice but I am debating on changing tv provider. I currently have Time Warner and I live in Lebanon, OH, just outside of Cincinnati. Time Warner in my area does not have Versus, yet 10 miles away in South Dayton they offer Versus. So, since Center Ice blacks out games broadcast on Versus, I'll apparently be paying more this year for CI and getting less games.

I am seriously considering Directv, but the thing holding me back is not being able to use my Tivo to record two channels at once.

Anyone have any wisdom for me? I'd like to give Time Warner the finger because everytime I call about Versus they just say "oh we'll make a note that you inquired about it" and give me the run-around.

well i know here in austin direct has a deal where you get a free dvr or HD upgrade so you might want to look at some deals for direct

This guys got a Farve avatar. I thought I was the only person in wisconsin that watched hockey (and I wasnt born here).

I always get center ice. About 4 years ago I was broke working retail and I got Center Ice. Ate Ramon noobles the wholes freaking season, but I got my hockey.

How if they would just stop blacking out det vs minn and VS games (because cheap @#$%ers don't have it standard event with a 80 dollar package, id be in heaven.

I haven't renewed yet, but I will. Since HillbillyWF and I have the same cable company, it sounds like it's not quite ripe yet or something. What does "we have a hold on it" mean, anyway? They're using the channel tier to show something else, or what? Who knows.... but they'd better have it ready to rumble in October, that's all I gotta say!

:D

Guest nutz2u

I guess i'm the senior member here as I first got center ice in september of '96 in time to see the Wings win their first cup :champs: in 42 years. Back then you had to buy the the receiver and the dish for $250.00 then a $50.00 kit to hook it up plus we had to purchase extra cable and hook it up ourselves as there was no such thing yet as local installers.

As long as I renew by October 9th its only 129.99 for me, this will be my second season!!! I'm soooo fired up to!!!

My friend has had some kind of satellite since 99 and he had it hacked and was getting almost EVERY CHANNEL IN THE COUNTRY. Luckily he is a Wings fans so I used to spend a lot of time over his house watching the Wings on FSN Detroit. Then he and his family moved and i had to deal with ESPN, but then after the lockout i found out about center ice and have been a customer since. The problem this year is that I'm moving on September 28 and i have no idea who the cable provider is at the new house so i don't know what i will be getting.

Guest nutz2u

My friend has had some kind of satellite since 99 and he had it hacked and was getting almost EVERY CHANNEL IN THE COUNTRY. Luckily he is a Wings fans so I used to spend a lot of time over his house watching the Wings on FSN Detroit. Then he and his family moved and i had to deal with ESPN, but then after the lockout i found out about center ice and have been a customer since. The problem this year is that I'm moving on September 28 and i have no idea who the cable provider is at the new house so i don't know what i will be getting.

There's always DirectTv or Dish Network. I believe the equipment is free to new customers. NHL Center ice is $149.00 with Direct Tv and they will split it up into 3 payments. You can have it installed where you live now and when you move they will move your service free. I don't have any information on Dish Network but they are owned by Direct Tv so it's probably the same or very close.

I've been a regular subscriber to Center Ice for 3 years now but am going to opt for the online version this year. Its very appealing that you can access your account and watch games from anywhere in Canada or US. Plus my computer screen kicks my tvs ass. lol

I have direct Tv also have the direct tv dvr hook up. i can recored two shows at one time. and watch a 3rd. You may want to look into it more man.

I've been getting center ice now for 8 years, I believe? I've been getting Center Ice for so long, I've lost track.

But this year it will be EastLansingNative and I getting Center Ice :) hee hee.

I love it and won't live without it. I want every red wings game there is PERIOD! lol

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

Guest nutz2u

I read somewhere that you can't signup for it until about 2 weeks prior to the start of the season. I guess at that time there is a registration form or contact numbers on the page I listed above. :unsure:

I've been getting center ice now for 8 years, I believe? I've been getting Center Ice for so long, I've lost track.

But this year it will be EastLansingNative and I getting Center Ice :) hee hee.

I love it and won't live without it. I want every red wings game there is PERIOD! lol

I'm right there with you. I think this will my 9th season of Center Ice but, I don't remember exactly. I think I got it in either 98 or 99. But this will be my first year of having it on Comcast so, I hope it comes in ok. Had a dispute with Directv a few months back and switched over to cable. However, I'm thinking of going back. I liked Directv better but, so far, no problems with Comcast.

Someone had a question about Center Ice Online. I seen on Hockeybuzz.com today that beginning this Monday, Center Ice Online will be available and that they're offering all pre-season games online for free. When the regular season begins, they will begin charging. Also, negotiations between Comcast and the NHL Network are about 90% complete and it will soon be onComcast cable. Talks are going slower between NHL Network and Dish and Directv.