• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

Chelios "I'd never play for Detroit. "

Rate this topic

I'm not. I just have a bad feeling that the Wings are headed down a path or retiring a bunch of numbers now that they retired one of the veteran's numbers.

A la Bourque with the Avalanche? I don't think that will happen with the Wings.

Yeah, I don't think the Wings will go wild with retirements either, as of now, Lidstrom is the only guarantee on the team to have his number retired, I cannot forsee anyone else getting their number retired here until Datsyuk and or Zetterberg retire and as others have said, they will have to win a few times and spend most, if not all of their careers with Detroit.

Guest Yzer19

One of the veterans??? Steve Yzerman is just one of the veterans??? NO ONE on this roster, even comes close to deserving their jersey retired over Yzerman. They retired Yzerman's jersey because he IS Red Wings hockey. He Captained the team since '86 for Christ's sake. Won 3 Cups as our Captain. And being 6th in all time points doesnt hurt either. Anyways, to think we will start retiring jerseys left and right, just because they retired number 19, is one of the most ridiculous things i've ever heard.

Lidstrom is more deserving.

IMO I seen alot of similarities between the way Yzerman and Larionov were treated by the Wings. The difference is Larionov didn't put up with it. He left and went to another team. Yzerman stayed and got his number retired and a VP job.

Back to Chelios, he has become more than just another veteran to this team. I do think the Wings will end up retiring his number. He is like the Al MacInnis of the Wings.

Guest DetroitIan

Lidstrom is more deserving.

IMO I seen alot of similarities between the way Yzerman and Larionov were treated by the Wings. The difference is Larionov didn't put up with it. He left and went to another team. Yzerman stayed and got his number retired and a VP job.

:blink::blink::blink: Lidstrom is more deserving of a retired jersey than Yzerman??? What exactly are you smoking pal?? No offense or anything, but you're clearly ******* clueless. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE would laugh in your face after hearing what you just said. Congrats, you know nothing about Red Wings hockey.

Here's a little list of reasons that Yzerman is more deserving of a retired jersey than any other Red Wing.

Well first off, he's been a Red Wing since 1983(probably before you were born).

Captained since 1986.

NHL All-Star Roster - 1984, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1997, 1999, 2000

NHL First Team All-Star, Center - 2000

Lester B. Pearson Award - 1989

Conn Smythe Trophy - 1998

Frank J. Selke Trophy - 2000

Stanley Cup Champion- 1997, 1998, 2002

Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy - 2003

Lester Patrick Trophy - 2006

Sixth in NHL history in points, eighth in goals and seventh in assists

First in Red Wings history in assists; second in points and goals; third in games played

Named General Manager of Team Canada - 2008

Even with all Nick's Norris trophies. He STILL cant compare to number 19. No current Red Wing can compare. He's in a class of his own. Just like you, except you're class is obviously the "slow kids" class. Dude, learn about Red Wings hockey then come talk to me. Cause you're making yourself look really moronic. Even die-hard Lidstrom fans would laugh in your face.

Edited by DetroitIan