• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blood On The Ice

Opening Day Tickets

Rate this topic

Gotta tell ya, I'm kind of disappointed at the ticket sales so far. Years past, openning day was guaranteed to be gone with in 5 mins of the tickets going on sale. Here it is fri evening and they are still available in most sections. Now I understand the horrible gas prices, poor econmy has cut into everyone pockets. But openning day, still available, come on. Have people lost interest in hockey? As soon as last season was over i could'nt wait to order my openning day tickets. And season tickets, no longer a waiting list. Kind of disappointing I must say again. Oh Well, GO WINGS.

Part of the problem is that they appear to have exhausted the season ticket waiting list with seats still unsold. Therefore the pool released for single games was probably larger than in the past. But I agree that an opening day WCF re-match seems like it would be a pretty attractive ticket!

The good news is that I was able to get decent seats for the Sharks game in Oct and the Caps game in December instead of being stuck high in the corners or ends!

I got tickets but Im a bit pissed at the whole "red wings world pre-sale" thing. I got the code for the pre-sale, bought 3 tickets that were supposedly "the best available" (211A, row 12) IMMEDIATELY when the pre sale started. The section isnt too good....but it claimed that was the best left. THEN when to tickets went on sale to the public, the tickets were 10x better! I checked the morning it came available and there were seats in dead center! The point is, the whole red wings world thing is a scam and they only pre-sell s***ty seat locations. Now im stuck in 211A row 12....crap view :angry:

Edited by ShanahanMan

I got tickets but Im a bit pissed at the whole "red wings world pre-sale" thing. I got the code for the pre-sale, bought 3 tickets that were supposedly "the best available" (211A, row 12) IMMEDIATELY when the pre sale started.
Yep, I learned my lesson about that last year and decided not to waste $40 again! I was ticked when I saw the same thing with the pre-sale for the 2006-07 preseason games.

I also have a confession to make... A co-worker of mine also let his RWW membership expire at the same time as I did, but RWW keeps sending him the pre-sale code e-mails! He gave me the code for this week's pre-sale. However, I didn't buy any tickets with it! But I did look and, like you, only found so-so tickets in the corners were available. I quickly released them and waited for the general sale and got better tickets.

Edited by Gizmo

Yep, I learned my lesson about that last year and decided not to waste $40 again! I was ticked when I saw the same thing with the pre-sale for the 2006-07 preseason games.

I also have a confession to make... A co-worker of mine also let his RWW membership expire at the same time as I did, but RWW keeps sending him the pre-sale code e-mails! He gave me the code for this week's pre-sale. However, I didn't buy any tickets with it! But I did look and, like you, only found so-so tickets in the corners were available. I quickly released them and waited for the general sale and got better tickets.

now im just more pissed :angry::angry: How can they be allowed to do that?!?

Edited by ShanahanMan

How can they be allowed to do that?!?
Let's just say that the people that run the whole internet operation for Olympia Entertainment don't seem to be the sharpest knives in the drawer! It would appear that their process for maintaining their e-mail distribution list is a little out of whack. For that matter, the Red Wings general e-mailing list is kinda whacky... often times he gets e-mails I don't get and vice versa.

And for the record, my friend didn't use the "pre-sale" code either.

Edited by Gizmo

argh, well......I haven't been to the joe in over 2 years, do you think 211A row 12 is okay? Or am I better off taking my loses and buying different tickets.....(maybe off ebay or something) cause I'm just comign up there to visit and dont want s***ty seat locations to ruin my trip! (i am moving up to east lansing though in Dec.)

Edited by ShanahanMan

I'd stay put... Those aren't bad. At least you're relatively down low. I think the pre-sale tickets they offered me were in 211B. In the General sale I got 210 a couple of rows lower for the same two games I bought.

Edited by Gizmo

I'd stay put... Those aren't bad. At least you're relatively down low.

yea....i guess you're right. Though seeing section 221 row 11 available 2 days after purchasing my tickets is not cool....not cool at all. <_<

I used my pre-sale code this year and got 209 row 16. Not the best but I hate being in the corner. Red wings world is an absolute disappointment and my membership runs out in Feb and I will not be sad.

Gotta tell ya, I'm kind of disappointed at the ticket sales so far. Years past, openning day was guaranteed to be gone with in 5 mins of the tickets going on sale. Here it is fri evening and they are still available in most sections. Now I understand the horrible gas prices, poor econmy has cut into everyone pockets. But openning day, still available, come on. Have people lost interest in hockey? As soon as last season was over i could'nt wait to order my openning day tickets. And season tickets, no longer a waiting list. Kind of disappointing I must say again. Oh Well, GO WINGS.

It's tough times up there. If the Wings won the Cup, people would still support them in huge numbers for a post-season parade.

I don't have a lot of money just to throw away, and as happy as I am for the New Orleans Saints to do good last year where I am from and for all the excitement this season, I wasn't going to just throw all that money towards season tickets or pay $100-$200 dollars for one game. Still support them though...

When I went for the ticket exchange this year for season tickets I was surprised at the amount of seats available in the corners and in rows 1-8 of the upper bowl. Then I sat in them. A lot of them sucked. ESPECIALLY in the corners. The railings for the stairs were in the way of a lot of these seats. I understood why people were giving them up. Some NHL sites have view from the seats on their web page. I wish the Wings did this.