• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
isbister

2008 Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

havlat ,modano, turco, and dipietro. its a long shot, but any of these players would have a great impact

:crazy: No thanks. I dont think i could handle everyone calling for his head for the next 14 years!!!!

Unless im mistaken, isnt this Samuelsson's last year under the 1.2 contract? If you're Minnesota, you arent dealing a guy every other playoff team is going to want unless you are getting the best youth and picks package in return you can get. It just doesnt make sense to do otherwise.

Also consider that Minnesota would probably be pretty much out of the playoff race to deal him, so what value does Samuelsson bring to them? Why take less picks to have him for the rest of the season when your team isnt going anywhere? He's not a throw in most other trade scenarios, but in this case, he is one.

Don't think so, he signed a 3 year deal at the end of 2005-2006.

Bringing up the name Modano is very interesting to me. Modano is a great fit to any team because he's a great player. I din't think Dallas would deal him though, but if they did I think the Wings are at the top of Modano's list. Isn't modano from Michigan?

Oh and oh... What about Turco in the future??? Dallas has a great back up in Smith and last year there were talks of Smith starting in the playoffs. Just something to think about. (great goalie, plays the puck as well as any goalie in the league)

Bringing up the name Modano is very interesting to me. Modano is a great fit to any team because he's a great player. I din't think Dallas would deal him though, but if they did I think the Wings are at the top of Modano's list. Isn't modano from Michigan?

Oh and oh... What about Turco in the future??? Dallas has a great back up in Smith and last year there were talks of Smith starting in the playoffs. Just something to think about. (great goalie, plays the puck as well as any goalie in the league)

Well I'd bet a ******** that Modano will retire a Star. He's got zero reason to move and is as loyal to the Stars organization as Yzerman is to the Wings. Although the loss of his C looked to have caused a rift between Modano and the management, there haven't been rumblings of discontent since that situation calmed (as far as I know).

As for Turco- he's a great goalie when he plays against anyone other than Detroit, so putting him in Detroit would only make him better. :P He's 32, so not too old for a goalie, but I don't really see Dallas looking to dump Turco after his performance against Vancouver (where he out duelled Luongo a couple of times).

Well I'd bet a ******** that Modano will retire a Star. He's got zero reason to move and is as loyal to the Stars organization as Yzerman is to the Wings. Although the loss of his C looked to have caused a rift between Modano and the management, there haven't been rumblings of discontent since that situation calmed (as far as I know).

As for Turco- he's a great goalie when he plays against anyone other than Detroit, so putting him in Detroit would only make him better. :P He's 32, so not too old for a goalie, but I don't really see Dallas looking to dump Turco after his performance against Vancouver (where he out duelled Luongo a couple of times).

Modano has retired more women out here than social security including my ex so he might want a change in enviroment. Lol... Anyways there has been alot of jabber aboot Smith possibly taking over the number 1, and if thats the case they would have to deal Turco. Alot of teams would want him, but I think he'd look great in a Wing uniform. I agree that his performance was ridiculous in the playoffs, but still there really high on Smith. I went to the Wings game here when they started Smith and he was solid. He's a big guy and plays ginormous in net. That was the game that Hank had that between the legs pass to Dats behind the net and Pav lit the lamp. There were so many Wings fans there that the dumb guy in charge of the horn thought the Stars scored cause the AA went nuts. (Hilarious)

Easy there, Nancy. I was merely correcting your info. No need to get all offended.

If you edit out the nancy part, this thread can fizzle out in peace.

How much cap room do we have? Like $4 million? None of these trades are gonna happen. Michal Ryder seems most likely.

Keep in mind, we still have to save room for Zetterberg.

Michael Ryder

Brian Rolston

Mike Knuble

That's all I can think of right now. There are plenty of guys that I want, but it's hard to say if their respective teams will be out of the race by then.

I think we do have a semi-good chance at the names I listed. Ryder and Rolston both play on fringe playoff teams that might not make it next year, and Knuble played on the NHL's worst team last year. It's still hard to tell at this point, though, since all three of those teams could have great seasons.

Now, on the opposite end of the spectrum, there are two guys I hope the Wings get rid of at the trade deadline: Tomas Kopecky and Mikeal Samulesson. I don't think I need to explain why, either.

If you edit out the nancy part, this thread can fizzle out in peace.

How much cap room do we have? Like $4 million? None of these trades are gonna happen. Michal Ryder seems most likely.

Keep in mind, we still have to save room for Zetterberg.

good call with Hank