• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lebda4Pres

Kronwall

Rate this topic

Guest Lebda4Pres

Whats your true opinion about Kronwall aside the hype and what the RW ORganization thinks.

I think he's a great defensman. All the hype about him is deserved, because IF he could stay healthy you'd see what all the hype was about and more. He's not big, but he can lay anyone out and make 'em pay. He's got great hands, and is very smart with the puck. He's also really good at the point and makes great tape to tape passes. I think all around he's a very solid, top 4 defensman that once stays healthy will be one of the best.

he's had some bad luck, but i'm confident he'll eventually dominate in the nhl just as he's dominated in every other league or international tournament he's played in.

I agree :clap:

I think if he hadn't been injured this year then we would very likely be talking about defending our recent cup championship this year.

He's the future leader of our defensive corps., if he can stay healthy he'll be dominant. This year will be a big testing ground for him, if he gets injured again I think people will start to get quite disillusioned with him, as they should... We can't have a top d-man who just gets injured every season.

Think he'll be good to great for a long while. He'll never get to the point of where Lidstrom is now, but he should be a solid #1/#2 type guy on a good team. Considering we've got another #1/#2 type guy coming down the pipe in Kindl (as well as a trio of #3/#4 guys in Ericsson, Quincey, Meech), I'm not worried about our future defense (barring further catastrophic injuries).

like other folks have said in the thread, Kronner has had some bad luck.

i really like the way he plays defense though.

i like that he's not afraid to hit, and throw a bee string hit either.

i think if Kronwall can avoid injury, he can be a real force. thats what im hoping for!

Hes overated alot. I dont like him alot, right now. I have a strong feeling this season he's gonna prove me wrong and start playing as well as he should be playing. And If he gets injured again this season, man, the kid will be done, he needs to have an injury free season to have sucess.

One thing to remember is that his injuries haven't been recurring, as in the same injury over and over. The ones he has had will take their toll down the road, but that is for everyone.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I do think that at some point in his career he'll be at least nominated for the Norris. Why not? Look what he did for GR during the lockout. Look what he did with Sweden in 2006.

He'll never be another Lidstrom, but no one will be another Lidstrom. And Lidstrom likes him enough to say that Kronwall is his heir apparent as the next big Swedish defenceman. Good enough for me.

Guest LivingtheDream

I think he's a great defensman. All the hype about him is deserved, because IF he could stay healthy you'd see what all the hype was about and more. He's not big, but he can lay anyone out and make 'em pay. He's got great hands, and is very smart with the puck. He's also really good at the point and makes great tape to tape passes. I think all around he's a very solid, top 4 defensman that once stays healthy will be one of the best.

I agree with all that, I do, but he can give up the turnovers and that is not what will win playoffs! He needs to prove a bit more to me.

Guest Lebda4Pres

If he would use a shorter stick and a knee brace i think he could get something going but until then hes s***ty

Hes overated alot. I dont like him alot, right now. I have a strong feeling this season he's gonna prove me wrong and start playing as well as he should be playing. And If he gets injured again this season, man, the kid will be done, he needs to have an injury free season to have sucess.

God Damn finally someone agrees with me (at least half agrees nott eh prove me wrong s***)

Edited by Lebda4Pres

God Damn finally someone agrees with me (at least half agrees nott eh prove me wrong s***)

I kinda think the same way too, He does seem a little overrated to me. I just went on my rant about how Lebda gets no respect but everyone talks about Kronwall, Lebda will end up better than Kronwall.

I just went on my rant about how Lebda gets no respect but everyone talks about Kronwall, Lebda will end up better than Kronwall.

:lol: If we're talking about their respective performances in a speed skating contest. Hockey? No.

I kinda think the same way too, He does seem a little overrated to me. I just went on my rant about how Lebda gets no respect but everyone talks about Kronwall, Lebda will end up better than Kronwall.

No he won't.

I like Lebs too, but let's not exaggerate.

"Whats your true opinion about Kronwall aside the hype and what the RW ORganization thinks."

So, in other words, "Aside from the professional, insider, knowledgable opinions, what's your personal, uninformed, and amateur opinion of Kronwall?"

Most of the postings are intelligent and well-stated; it's just the stating of the topic itself that seems a little absurd!

Kronwall is vastly overrated. You get eaten alive on this board for saying anything bad about him during the season. But look at the facts.

1. He has never been able to stay healthy enough to finish an entire season. Regardless if you believe it is bad luck, or how he plays the game, you can't be a star in the NHL without being able to compete. And you can't compete from the press box.

2. While he does turn in a few dazzling passes, he more than makes up for it with boneheaded plays with the puck.

3. He isn't afraid to hit anyone, in any situation. Unfortunately, this leads to two things. First and foremost, going for the hit often puts him in bad or completely out of position. Secondly, it opens up the door for more injuries to an injury prone guy.

4. As someone else pointed out, his injuries aren't the same thing over and over again. What's that mean? It isn't something that can be fixed. Some players are very lucky with injuries, Nick Lidstrom. Some guys are very unlucky, Nick Kronwall.

Bottom line, this guy has show, at best, a few spurts of what he supposedly can do. I don't care what he has done on the international stage, this is the NHL we are talking about. It's a totally different game. The Wings brass obviously saw some potential in him. However, I think it's foolish to say he is going to be a number 1 or 2 guy. He simply hasn't shown anything to prove that. Remember, playing with Lidstrom makes everyone look better. Even Paintrain.

Guest Lebda4Pres

Kronwall is vastly overrated. You get eaten alive on this board for saying anything bad about him during the season. But look at the facts.

1. He has never been able to stay healthy enough to finish an entire season. Regardless if you believe it is bad luck, or how he plays the game, you can't be a star in the NHL without being able to compete. And you can't compete from the press box.

2. While he does turn in a few dazzling passes, he more than makes up for it with boneheaded plays with the puck.

3. He isn't afraid to hit anyone, in any situation. Unfortunately, this leads to two things. First and foremost, going for the hit often puts him in bad or completely out of position. Secondly, it opens up the door for more injuries to an injury prone guy.

4. As someone else pointed out, his injuries aren't the same thing over and over again. What's that mean? It isn't something that can be fixed. Some players are very lucky with injuries, Nick Lidstrom. Some guys are very unlucky, Nick Kronwall.

Bottom line, this guy has show, at best, a few spurts of what he supposedly can do. I don't care what he has done on the international stage, this is the NHL we are talking about. It's a totally different game. The Wings brass obviously saw some potential in him. However, I think it's foolish to say he is going to be a number 1 or 2 guy. He simply hasn't shown anything to prove that. Remember, playing with Lidstrom makes everyone look better. Even Paintrain.

Great i thought i was the only Kronner hater!

Guest Lebda4Pres

If anything kronwall should spend a year back in GR or go to another team. We just dont have the money to be paying an "ok" player when have the time hes getting his paycheck for lying around at home for 2 months.

"Should be" "could be" 'bad luck" "potential" - don't mean a hill of beans until he does it for real for a full season. Barely 30 games a years, has been making a lot of mental errors and has seemed to have lost a step( I know d/t injuries) - only an occassion hit every so often ( and that's about the only time you hear his name mentioned during the game). I want him to succeed but hasn't shown it yet(esp for the money the wings are paying) Hope he has a break out year not another break

I think he's slightly overrated in the sense that alot of people peg him to become a top defenseman (which i dont think he will be), however, you could also make the argument he's slightly underrated given the way some people think friggin Lebda is actually better than him! So i guess they just cancel each other out and he's neither! At 3 mill per, he doesnt have to be Lidstrom. All he needs to be is a solid #3,...he'll be fine.

If anything kronwall should spend a year back in GR or go to another team. We just dont have the money to be paying an "ok" player when have the time hes getting his paycheck for lying around at home for 2 months.

Going back to the minors? That's a little bit over-panicing.

Should be on the trade table, especially if he doesn't start showing some signs.

Define "something" because at worst Kronwall was our 4th best defensemen last year who played in every situation and led the team in blocked shots. It wasn't the type of season everyone was hoping for, but it could've been a lot worse.

Edited by Heaton

Define "something" because at worst Kronwall was our 4th best defensemen last year who played in every situation and led the team in blocked shots. It wasn't the type of season everyone was hoping for, but it could've been a lot worse.

A sound defensive game with fewer giveaways and a little bit more production on the offensive end. I mean really he’s just a glorified Lilja at present.