• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Sens re-sign Mike Fisher

Rate this topic

its good for the sens hes locked up longterm but those kind of deals are gonna screw up the nhl longterm , 4.25 million a year for a who puts up 20 goals and 50 pts ????? thats ridiculous

He brings more to the team than just points. Hes a great two way player and a tenacious worker. Good signing.

i know that hes a good worker as well and gritty , but lets face it when players try and get better deals they use players stats as a negociating tool , and to make it clear i love fischer and would take him here any day but 4.25 is way to much if you ask me , 3 million max is what he should get

Perfect example of why stats arent everything. Mike Fisher may be one of the most complete players in the league when you look at every single aspect of a good hockey player. He is at least good in al those aspects, and in many cases great.

Good signing for the Sens.

Great signing for a good price. But, whats next for Heater? They dont have alot of cap, there said to be interested in moving Gerber, and signing CuJo and O'neill. That would free up cap as O'neill and Cujo would only cost 1-2.5 mil and Gerber is getting 3.75.

In any case, great signing for the Sens. I look forward to a Donovan-Fisher-Neil line :thumbup:

i know hes a real good player you wont hear me disagree with that , i just think hes making way too too much money ,without looking at what he does outside of stats what would you say a guy who gets 20 goals and 50 pts a season , deserve ? i personally would say maybe 2- 2.25 per year , then add the grit factor and other dimensions he adds i wouldnt say is worth another 2 million , id say 3.25 a yr max he should get not 4.25 , then again what do i know

im just worried if guys like him are getting 4.25 a yr , then were gonna have ALOT of problems in the future , as an example ... if johan franzen gets decent icetime and gets lets say 18 goals and 45 pts then hes gonna ask and probably receive 2.5 - 3 million a yr, if not from us , then from someone else, hes a good player but i think it would be way too much for him or anyone whos a johan franzen type player

With that said , if i was mike fischer id take the money as well , and its good for the sens they got him locked up but i think there gonna have BIGGG problems with the cap soon enough keeping spezza and heatley, and redden will likely leave thanks to the stupid signing of gerber

Im sorry, Im not sure where youre coming from. Mike Fisher is known throughout the league to be a workhorse. Hes basically the next Brindamour. Hes only 27 and brings literally EVERYTHING to the table. Leadership, physicality, grit, determination, scoring skill, shutdown ability, PKing skills, great shot, fast skater, smooth skater, works the boards, has tons of heart, team player. I mean, really, what else is there? The guy is only 27, keeps on increasingl his point total, and was on pace to be nearly a 60 point 25 goal guy. Its not like every 50 point guy is going to get 4M+ now. Like I said, everyone knows Fisher deserves that cash. Stop looking at the 50 points alone, and start considering the fact that there are only a handful of other guys in the league that could get 50 points in a season while being as defensively responsible and elite as Mike Fisher is.

Edited by YoungGuns1340