• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Detroit # 1 Fan

Rolston's Days in Minny Over?

Rate this topic

Guest snowman89

No grit to young he is not a euro player. Plus he is a pretty good player wont happen. Most of this post is a joke really hope it does happen but dont hold your breath.

Why couldnt it happen? The wings have space to get someone at the trade deadline, he is from michigan, he could end up liking being in his home area and take a bit of discount to stay around.

Why does everyone think we can get players at a discount the time when player took discount is over. thoes where players who valued playing on a great team and for a chance to win the cup. This is the new generation that wants the big pay check and the nice BMW and big house. Get over the fact that you think we can sign players at discount cuz it just doesn't happen anymore.

Why does everyone think we can get players at a discount the time when player took discount is over. thoes where players who valued playing on a great team and for a chance to win the cup. This is the new generation that wants the big pay check and the nice BMW and big house. Get over the fact that you think we can sign players at discount cuz it just doesn't happen anymore.

Interesting, because the Rafalski signing proves otherwise.

Why couldnt it happen? The wings have space to get someone at the trade deadline, he is from michigan, he could end up liking being in his home area and take a bit of discount to stay around.

The space isnt the issue. You can have 10mill in cap space, but unless you are willing to outbid other teams you will not get that player at the deadline. When other teams are offering top prospects and 1st rd picks, we'll be offering middle of the road prospects and conditional picks. I dont know why people keep overlooking this. It is no longer the Wings style to overpay, which im not saying is necessarily a bad thing, just that you wont be getting these guys like Rolston. (unless he's injured)

Now free agency in the offseason? Thats a totally different story. At that point its up to the player, who can take a discount, and not up to another team.

If we sign him, then what do we do with Fillpulla? We'll have 3 all star centers and Kris Draper, which once again means that we'll have a bunch of natural born centers playing wing. I'd rather have us go after a top winger than a top center, of which we already have 2. Homer is the only thing we have close to a top winger at this point.

Guest DetroitIan

I would be so pumped if we could get a guy like Brian Rolston. Rolston is the kind of player that you take without thinking twice. Will that keep one of our youngsters down in GR? Absolutely. But I dont care who they send down(even Fillpulla) to get a player like Rolston in the Winged Wheel. Plus he's a Flint-boy(my hometown). And he was a huge Red Wings fan growing up. This would be an amazing fit. :clap:

Guest DetroitIan

The space isnt the issue. You can have 10mill in cap space, but unless you are willing to outbid other teams you will not get that player at the deadline. When other teams are offering top prospects and 1st rd picks, we'll be offering middle of the road prospects and conditional picks. I dont know why people keep overlooking this. It is no longer the Wings style to overpay, which im not saying is necessarily a bad thing, just that you wont be getting these guys like Rolston. (unless he's injured)

Now free agency in the offseason? Thats a totally different story. At that point its up to the player, who can take a discount, and not up to another team.

I agree Lou. If we end up getting Rolston(hopefully we can) it will be an offseason move. I highly doubt Kenny makes the trade for him, when he knows Rolston becomes an UFA right after this season. And most likely, Rolston will give us a hometown discount. Kenny is too smart to give up picks when he doesnt have to.

I agree Lou. If we end up getting Rolston(hopefully we can) it will be an offseason move. I highly doubt Kenny makes the trade for him, when he knows Rolston becomes an UFA right after this season. And most likely, Rolston will give us a hometown discount. Kenny is too smart to give up picks when he doesnt have to.

Yep, exactly. Management has made it a key point not to overspend and give away prospects and draft picks anymore. So the idea of them parting with what it would take to get Rolston through trade goes completely against that. ESPECIALLY when theres a decent chance he might sign here as a FA anyway. I mean, just because the overpayment moves teams like Nashville and Atl made last year didnt work out, wont stop other teams from doing exactly the same thing this deadline. Teams have short memories! Say a team like Philly for example came back and was looking strong, there is zero doubt if Rolston was the best guy out there that they would throw a boatload at Minny to get him. Somebody will always be willing to overpay these days. Now someone like Fedorov (who i do not want!), is more what people should be looking at. Guys that there wont be a big market for and Holland can float in with a mediocre offer and get.

Detroit Fan - Thats going to have to be a big + though, cause the first alone wont be nearly enough.

I'd absolutley love to see Rolston here. He'd be such a great fit.

Now someone like Fedorov (who i do not want!), is more what people should be looking at. Guys that there wont be a big market for and Holland can float in with a mediocre offer and get.

You're definitly right on that. Holland isn't very willing to part with high end draft picks/prospects anymore, which really lives him on the outside looking in when the trade deadline comes around.

He'll probably get somebody... but I certainly hope it isn't Fedorov.

I didn't know we got him on the chep side what is he making some where in the 6mil range?

He's not necessarily "cheap" but he did accept the Wings offer over a larger one, because Detroit is his hometown.

I don't understand why they singled out Detroit in that article, there are 28 other teams that he COULD go to. Did he express intrest in playing in Detroit or something? Obviously Detroit would have interst in him, if his price was reasonable but, again, so would everyone else.

I think that the Red Wings haven't had much news to talk about latley and Yahoo just wanted to fill out their "Rumors" section a little.

Guest DetroitIan

I don't understand why they singled out Detroit in that article, there are 28 other teams that he COULD go to. Did he express intrest in playing in Detroit or something? Obviously Detroit would have interst in him, if his price was reasonable but, again, so would everyone else.

I think that the Red Wings haven't had much news to talk about latley and Yahoo just wanted to fill out their "Rumors" section a little.

Umm gee, I wonder, maybe it has something to do with Rolston being from Michigan? Being a huge Red Wings fan as a kid growing up in Flint, means it would make perfect sense that he would wanna come back home(where his whole family lives). ;)