• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Reebok Jersey Question

Rate this topic

Hey everyone! It has been a few months since I have been actively posing on the site, but hope everyone is doing good and excited for the season.

Anyways I have a question about the new jerseys. I was looking into purchasing one, however I was looking on the NHL SHOP and a question came about. The replica Reebok jerseys are called Reebok Premier's as to the authentic ones are Reebok Edge's. Are they the same thing, as in they both are form fitting? Just the difference is the materials and stitching?

If anyone would like to share what they know, I'd appreciate it, oh and where is the best/cheapest place in the Metro Detroit area to buy jerseys for anyone that knows. Or online, either or.

Hey everyone! It has been a few months since I have been actively posing on the site, but hope everyone is doing good and excited for the season.

Anyways I have a question about the new jerseys. I was looking into purchasing one, however I was looking on the NHL SHOP and a question came about. The replica Reebok jerseys are called Reebok Premier's as to the authentic ones are Reebok Edge's. Are they the same thing, as in they both are form fitting? Just the difference is the materials and stitching?

If anyone would like to share what they know, I'd appreciate it, oh and where is the best/cheapest place in the Metro Detroit area to buy jerseys for anyone that knows. Or online, either or.

Replicas will have the *** tag in front... the authentics will not. The authentics will probably have more reinforcement around the elbows and have the fight strap in the back. They are usually a heavier material. Both I beleive are "bringing Sexy back" with their form fitting.

Guest snowman89

Also I really want some Reebok Hockey Socks has anyone seen them????? Also the Plague will lose!

off the canadien's website...

Authentic jerseys are produced with 4Way Stretch Pique, featuring Rbk’s Bead Away™ water repellent technology; X-trafil, which provides durability; and a stretch fabric in the collar featuring Reebok’s innovative PlayDry™ moisture management technology to maximize comfort and breathability.

Replica jerseys feature 2Way Stretch Pique stretch mesh, which provides ventilation and greater range of motion and moisture management benefits. Please note the replica jersey does not feature the Bead Away™ water repellent technology or a “fight†strap.

that and Osgod's comments pretty much cover it

Replicas will have the *** tag in front... the authentics will not. The authentics will probably have more reinforcement around the elbows and have the fight strap in the back. They are usually a heavier material.
Be forewarned, people that have seen the "premier" EDGE jerseys from other teams have reported that they quality on these shirts is WAY down from the past. They don't look and feel well made and some of the jerseys that should have shoulder patches have iron-on decals or silkscreened images instead!!! Edited by Gizmo

Be forewarned, people that have seen the "premier" EDGE jerseys from other teams have reported that they quality on these shirts is WAY down from the past. They don't look and feel well made and some of the jerseys that should have shoulder patches have iron-on decals or silkscreened images instead!!!

funny you say silk screening, because I heard from some people that some of the actual on ice jerseys have some silk screening on them. lightweight also I guess with out the stitching. Fugly to the millionth

Here are the exact quotes I found:

The NHL should be a ashamed with this product. Let me preface this by saying I work for a major sports retailer. The Islanders jersey is made very cheaply. The 4 stripes on the shoulder is heat sealed onto a flimsy patch and then ironed onto the shoulder. 75% of the crests are crooked another 10% is slightly off center and 15% is sellable to the public. No way is this jersey worth the price tag of $120 bucks. The fabric is very light and easily snagable.

Just passing this along. Let me know if anybody has any questions. I will take some pics when I can.

Sounds like the replica Penguins Alt's

They were made somwhere in Central America, and the stripes on the sleeves did not line up, and a bunch of other problems. They were like a GTMO girl, good from far, but far from good.

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimat...ic;f=1;t=017219

What be a scullywag like ye be needin' 10 o' th' same garb?

Be forewarned, people that have seen the "premier" EDGE jerseys from other teams have reported that they quality on these shirts is WAY down from the past. They don't look and feel well made and some of the jerseys that should have shoulder patches have iron-on decals or silkscreened images instead!!!

so they be tryin' t' hornswaggle th' public wit their s***ty fabric again? Me be thinkin' they rid that threat by makin' th' air flow style.

It be true... th' *** tag has been moved from th' back o' button down shirts to th' front o' all replica Reebok NHL jerseys.

Edited by OsGOD

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

osgod f*** its not hard to remove the tag man take it to a seamstress or something i personally like the new fitting jerseys

Aye! ye could always do just that. However, hearin' about th' type o' material that be used t' make them. That material does nah take kindly t' removing thread from them. Until I see someone with a tag removed without any o' thar physical blemish t' th' overpriced jersey, I am goin' t' continue t' say they look goofy.