• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

xGDT: 9/18 Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild

Rate this topic

I don't much care for the jerseys either. Hopefully they don't use that ugly block lettering on the back in the regular season like they do in the pre-season.
The Wings in recent years have used block lettering on their pre-season jerseys. Those aren't the 2007-2008 "Set 1" jerseys they are wearing. They use block lettering in the pre-season because the lettering isn't attached directly to the jerseys... they are on name plates that are then sown onto the jersey. Come opening day you can be assured the regular arched lettering will be in place.

Overall I thought the new jerseys looked pretty good... but those "dress shirt tails" bug me.

Edited by Gizmo

The same reason Lidstrom, Z, Hudler, Rafalski, Kronwall, etc... aren't playing. The team got cut in half. One of the top 2 lines and bottom 2 lines played today, as well as a handful of likely defensemen, and I'm guessing the other set play next. No need to fret.

Just a little tightness in the groin, if you know what I mean...

Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbup: I just hope Flip's not out for too long.

I only watched the first period because I have too much homework.

1. Chelios and Maltby looked awesome. Maltby-Kopecky-Drake is the new Maltby-Draper-McCarty.

2. Franzen looks as good as he did during last year's playoffs. He's going to kick ass this year.

3. I no longer care whether the Wings give Sopel a contract. I was much more impressed by Ericsson.

4. I need to see more of Grigorenko before I pass judgement.

5. I still love Jimmy Howard.

6. The new jerseys kick ass (ours and Minnesota's).

Hot damn we kicked ass tonight, wish I could have caught the game. How are you all watching the preseason and is there any way to do it for free without center ice? As much as I'd love to buy it, college tuition has left me broker than Dmac, (sorry I love the guy but this is actually the least offensive analogy I could think of and I'm partially drunk.)

Hot damn we kicked ass tonight, wish I could have caught the game. How are you all watching the preseason and is there any way to do it for free without center ice? As much as I'd love to buy it, college tuition has left me broker than Dmac, (sorry I love the guy but this is actually the least offensive analogy I could think of and I'm partially drunk.)

Center Ice Online, just sign up for the free offer. You get the entire preseason and first week of the regular season for free. http://www.nhl.tv

You don't have to enter any credit card information or anything like that either.

Center Ice Online, just sign up for the free offer. You get the entire preseason and first week of the regular season for free. http://www.nhl.tv

You don't have to enter any credit card information or anything like that either.

Awesome! Thanks.

Guest Crymson

I know it's just pre season, but check out the three stars. Specifically #2. :D

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/scoreboard

Pssshhhh, Holmstrom got robbed. Osgood's eleven saves versus Holmstrom's three assists and Osgood got 2nd star? It must be some computer that decides the three stars (100% SV%!).

Aye, that was great seein' Ozzie back out thar... first time in a long time and he looked sharp on some o' those breakaways, shiver me timbers! Good win, puttin' aside the preseason Block letterin', I do not care for the Slim jerseys at all. It looks like computer hockey whar they didn't add much more than stick figures t' the players body shape.

Hi everyone!

I live in Minny, and a friend with season tix couldn't go to the game last night and offered them to me. I noticed a lot of what you all have already said:

1. Howard was sharp. He didn't get a lot of work, but damn, he looked quick.

2. Chelly looks ready for another season

3. Pavel, Homer and Franzen dominated

4. Ozzie also looked sharp

5. The Wild had quite a few of their regulars out there, including their top two defenseman - Johnnson and Foster.

6. Boogaard needed the gamer, he was out of control in the FIRST preseason game.

7. Grigs is number 21 right? I wasn't sure before last night's game, and I was sitting quite a ways up, so I couldn't tell for sure....I digress, if he is 21, he was certainly a step slow and looked out of place.

7. Grigs is number 21 right? I wasn't sure before last night's game, and I was sitting quite a ways up, so I couldn't tell for sure....I digress, if he is 21, he was certainly a step slow and looked out of place.

that lad grigs be "fat and out of shape"

Human beings are lazy and they suck.

Haha, I was in class today and we were talking economics, and I was drifting in and out, and someone was talking about some people and factors regarding their state of affairs. At one point he said "its not just they're lazy..." And instinctivley I chriped in and said "and they suck." Haha. Obviously no LGW'rs in my class cause I got some odd looks.

That expression brings a tear to my eye everytime.

I completely missed it, but now I regret it!

I had no way to watch it yet.

I can hear the excitement dripping from your posts.

I hope Grigs gets it together. (I predicted a 30 point season overall, with a better second half).

Edited by Earthhuman