• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitBoy313

Winter Classic Sells Out in 30 Minutes

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

I would love to see an outdoor NHL game in person. Maybe one day the Red Wings will have an outdoor game at Comerica Park or something. If so, I dont care what the cost, Im getting tickets, lol.

Doesn't surprise me... hockey is very popular in Buffalo.

As for the outdoor game proposal in Detroit... first of all, it's hard to plan that in advance. For one thing, the winters in Michigan are about as unpredictable as they come. It could be -20 with 6 feet of snow on the ground one day, and be 40 degrees with freezing rain the next. Last winter was mild for the most part, and with the exception of some cold patches in mid-December and late-February, it wasn't all that cold last year.

Second of all... keep dreaming if you think we'll get a matchup against Toronto. That's reserved for Eastern Conference teams, more notably Montreal or Ottawa. If Detroit plays anyone in an outdoor game, it'll probably be somebody like Chicago.

I certainly welcome the proposal of an outdoor game in Detroit, and would buy tickets right when they come out... but it's doubtful at this point it will even happen.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest jaytan

Hopefully, this goes well and more teams are encouraged to hold outdoor games.

Could you imagine if they held the medal rounds of the Olympics (or something like that) outdoors? I don't think it's cold enough around Vancouver to do that, but it would be neat to see 50,000+ people packed in to watch an important game, and obviously, it's too warm in June to do it for the Stanley Cup finals.

Even though he doesn't get much respect for his rumors, which he doesn't really deserve. Read what Eklund had to say about the sellout. He made some good points.

I am torn on the 30 minute sellout time. Tickets went on sale at 10:00, I was working. At 10:38 I got a chance to get online and buy the 4 tickets I needed. I couldn't believe there were none left. On one hand I'm pissed that I am going to have to get my tickets by some other means, but I am thrilled that there is this much interest in hockey.

It should be good.. Does anyone know why they saved some tickets for people who are leaf season ticket holders?

The media contacted the Leafs/Jays and they said they had no involvement and that the jays/leafs sth did not get tickets. I'm a little confused since apparently there was a password for them to get tickets that got leaked, and I know people who bought tickets using the "Sundin" password that were not season ticket holders.

anyway, I was lucky enough that my friends mom got tickets for me and my friend through her work.

There are tickets on ebay, but the prices are insane...and the crazy thing is that almost all of them have bids on them, really hot ticket right now. Some people that were lucky enough to get through on the site and buy many tickets are making TONS of money.

There are many people in Buffalo that are furious that the ticket process was not handled better, Many people logged in at the ticketmaster site right at 10am, but the traffic was so bad that the site was basically broken...and you also only get 2 minutes to purchase a ticket, which is very little time.

Edited by datsyuk_13_fan

If they managed to sell out in 30 minutes, it means some fans were able to buy tickets.

yea, the majority of tickets went to fans in buffalo. People are just mad they didn't limit the amount of tickets you can buy, apparently ticketmaster said the most one person bought was 32 tickets, and then they started to limit it to 4 per person.