• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sticknmove

LOOK its everyones favorite ex-wing!

Rate this topic

Looks like Dave Lewis behind them :P

wow...brad norton losing another fight..

is it me or does he look incredibly skinny?

and that is dave lewis behind... (i may have missed some sarcasm there)

It was actually a slugfest, both guys stayed open and were throwing bombs. Ivanas prolly got a slight edge, but much respect to Norton who is doing his job. People talk a lot of this and that around here about guys being bad fighters, and making comments like "blah blah blah wow Norton lost again", or "Downey isnt that good of a fighter". You are kidding yourselvs, no neither of them is in the elite class of NHL fighters, and in this day and age with the new rules there are only, depending on whom you ask, 12-18 elite scrappers.

Ya got Brian McGrattan, Parros, Boogy, Andy Peters, Donald Brashear, King George, Jannsen, Orr, Ivanas, Godard (when he's ever up), Koci, Gratton, Fedoruk (this is arguable at this point in his career), Shelley, DJ King, Wade Belak, Ben Eager (that is being generous), Hordichuk, and I am sure I missed one or 2. Those are the "elite" group of NHL tough guys. And it really is unfair to hold Norton or Downey to those guys standards, however Norton and Downey have fought 90% of that list and came out of it fine, they are both excellent, excellent roll players who go out night after night knowing they are there more or less to fight in order to keep the opposition honest and it pisses me off when ppl totally disrespect them and what they do. I understand if you do not think Detroit needs a fighter, that is fine, but in making your point i hope you guys dont resort to baseless insults towards downey like you guys did with norton.

baseless?

norton was a bad hockey player..

you know they sent down norton so they could bring up filpulla...

would you have prefered flip to spend the season in the minors while we have a guy who fights every once in a while and otherwise does nothing?

i certainly wouldn't...

enforcers are about as usefull as a hole in the head. just look at boogard the other night

baseless?

would you have prefered flip to spend the season in the minors while we have a guy who fights every once in a while and otherwise does nothing?

i certainly wouldn't...

enforcers are about as usefull as a hole in the head. just look at boogard the other night

thats not true at all!!!!

holes in the head are much more useful!

counting my ears, nose and mouth my 4 holes are more useful than an enforcer....all kidding aside, enforcers are great to have, but they cant just be able to fight, they need a place on the hockey team, scoring or defending

Wow that new Shaks uniform look uuuuuuuuuuuuugly

I was trying to type the same thing... but the page kept timing out...

Damn the Mini mites from the Plymouth-Canton Sharkes have a better looking design... Ouch... My boy JR will not look good in those things.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

baseless?

i certainly wouldn't...

Cicada, do you get lost alot? I mean seriously, how badly can a person miss the point of something entirely. The OP's point wasn't that Norton is a great hockey player or that Flip should've sat in the minors for Norton's sake last year. The point was to give Norton some credit as a fighter. He isn't an elite fighter but he is big enough and willing enough to fight the big boys. That was the point.

You turning it into a choice between Flip and Norton shows you have zero ability to be open minded and clear headed on the subject of fighting or enforcers. Don't argue that with me either. Look in the mirror and repeat it to yourself. You are incapable of grasping any concept involving fighting in hockey. I stand by that statement until you prove otherwise.

I don't know about all these numbers on the front of the jersey... San Jose and Dallas join Buffalo with one bad idea...... :crazy:

IPB Image

EWWWWWW i knew the stars were going to have numbers on the front, but the sharks. GROSS!

Cicada, do you get lost alot? I mean seriously, how badly can a person miss the point of something entirely. The OP's point wasn't that Norton is a great hockey player or that Flip should've sat in the minors for Norton's sake last year. The point was to give Norton some credit as a fighter. He isn't an elite fighter but he is big enough and willing enough to fight the big boys. That was the point.

You turning it into a choice between Flip and Norton shows you have zero ability to be open minded and clear headed on the subject of fighting or enforcers. Don't argue that with me either. Look in the mirror and repeat it to yourself. You are incapable of grasping any concept involving fighting in hockey. I stand by that statement until you prove otherwise.

i'll stand by your statement too.

i don't see any point of fighting in hockey..

am i offically banned from the 5000 enforcer threads that pop up here every year now?

oh please no..

i just can't take it

btw i was actually commenting on the end of the 2nd posts about "baseless insults towards downey like you guys did with norton"..

brad norton was a bad hockey player. i've yet to see downie play, so ican't make any comment on his "hockey ability". if he can chip in in a 4th line role effectively, then why not?...but Brad Norton couldn't, mainly because he's a defenseman. what he was doing playing at forward in the 1st place i don't know. theres nothing i hate more than those staged fights when two enforcers come on the ice, grab each other for a while adn then you don't see them for the rest of the evening. thats an utter waste of a roster spot if you ask me.

if downie can play, then he should play regular 4th line mins...if he can't, then he shouldn't be a Red Wing

Guest GordieSid&Ted

i'll stand by your statement too.

i don't see any point of fighting in hockey..

am i offically banned from the 5000 enforcer threads that pop up here every year now?

oh please no..

i just can't take it

btw i was actually commenting on the end of the 2nd posts about "baseless insults towards downey like you guys did with norton"..

brad norton was a bad hockey player. i've yet to see downie play, so ican't make any comment on his "hockey ability". if he can chip in in a 4th line role effectively, then why not?...but Brad Norton couldn't, mainly because he's a defenseman. what he was doing playing at forward in the 1st place i don't know. theres nothing i hate more than those staged fights when two enforcers come on the ice, grab each other for a while adn then you don't see them for the rest of the evening. thats an utter waste of a roster spot if you ask me.

if downie can play, then he should play regular 4th line mins...if he can't, then he shouldn't be a Red Wing

Your last comment works for me. I've seen him play and can attest to the fact that he can skate and put a nice smack down on opposition dmen. He can also score a bit too if given any kind of linemates to work with. IMO, a line with Drake, who has proven to have some offensive chops and maybe Kopecky would be a nice energy line with some size, ability to finish checks hard and chip in the odd points. Sort of like a modern day Grind Line version 2.0 IMO.

You are officially unbanned from fighting threads since you'll at least entertain the notion of bringing on a fighter so long as he can play some hockey as well. Take my word for it, Downey is so far head and shoulders better than Norton you will be happy to have him around if he makes the lineup.

It was actually a slugfest, both guys stayed open and were throwing bombs. Ivanas prolly got a slight edge, but much respect to Norton who is doing his job. People talk a lot of this and that around here about guys being bad fighters, and making comments like "blah blah blah wow Norton lost again", or "Downey isnt that good of a fighter". You are kidding yourselvs, no neither of them is in the elite class of NHL fighters, and in this day and age with the new rules there are only, depending on whom you ask, 12-18 elite scrappers.

Ya got Brian McGrattan, Parros, Boogy, Andy Peters, Donald Brashear, King George, Jannsen, Orr, Ivanas, Godard (when he's ever up), Koci, Gratton, Fedoruk (this is arguable at this point in his career), Shelley, DJ King, Wade Belak, Ben Eager (that is being generous), Hordichuk, and I am sure I missed one or 2. Those are the "elite" group of NHL tough guys. And it really is unfair to hold Norton or Downey to those guys standards, however Norton and Downey have fought 90% of that list and came out of it fine, they are both excellent, excellent roll players who go out night after night knowing they are there more or less to fight in order to keep the opposition honest and it pisses me off when ppl totally disrespect them and what they do. I understand if you do not think Detroit needs a fighter, that is fine, but in making your point i hope you guys dont resort to baseless insults towards downey like you guys did with norton.

My friend, you speak the truth. I was very happy to see Norton playing for us last year, and very disappointed to see him disappear. I sincerely hope Downey is able to impress the coaches enough to earn a spot on the team.