• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

100 sports players to hate

Rate this topic

Hockey players are 52 - 58.

Wing players mentioned - Primeau and Murphy.

Murphy to be hated by Toronto fans for winning a Cup and rubbing it in. Primeau to be hated by Wing fans for not living up to his first round potential.

the article

Once again espn proves that they don't know s*** about hockey. Murphy is not hated in Toronto whatsoever, because every time he appears there for any reason he gets a great response from the fans. Also, Wings fans didn't hate Primeau that much for him to deserve to be on this list. This list should have just stuck to baseball, which is all that espn knows anything about.

Larry Murphy was hated in Toronto because he was brought in to be a top-pairing defenceman, which he most clearly was not at that stage of his career. He was one of Cliff Fletcher's last-gasp attempts to keep his job.

I think the booing he received in Toronto was more directed at management than Larry himself.

If anyone has copies of Game 4 of the 1997 and 1998 Stanley Cup Finals (CBC), you gotta love the smirk on Murphy's face both years when being interview after winning back-to-back Championships. He was giving Leafs fans the old "screw you".

I know this isn't "players red wings fans should hate' but I think we could all add a certain former Av player to that list. And nobody outside of his mother can argue that. And even she would have a time finding a legit reason to keep him off.

I know this isn't "players red wings fans should hate' but I think we could all add a certain former Av player to that list. And nobody outside of his mother can argue that. And even she would have a time finding a legit reason to keep him off.

Which one? I can think of about 20 right off the top of my head.

oh yeah that SOB is my #1 most hated.

By far Claude tops my list. There are some guys I don't like, but still respect their skills (Roy, Forsberg, Tucker, etc.). Claude Lemieux, I don't like him, and I have no respect for him at all.

By far Claude tops my list. There are some guys I don't like, but still respect their skills (Roy, Forsberg, Tucker, etc.). Claude Lemieux, I don't like him, and I have no respect for him at all.

Roy is a guy despite his skill, i still can't respect him..imagine that.

Hmm I hated Primeau... well hate is a very strong word... but I really really really disliked him.. I guess others do to... go figure?

As for the Murph, IMHO he is better now in his presser postion. He can act a pylon up there all he wants and still get paid for it.

Guest jaytan

Piss poor list. In Detroit, we hate our goalies, not our defensemen. And as you've mentioned, it's odd that cheapshot artists like Claude didn't get mentioned. And I don't hate him, obviously, but you'd think ESPN would use this opportunity to remind everyone about the Bertuzzi incident.