No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Saran

Cleary injures ribs

Rate this topic

Cleary hurts ribs, will have X-rays

by Ansar Khan

Thursday September 20, 2007, 10:28 PM

Wings forward Dan Cleary suffered what might be a significant injury to his ribs midway through the second period of Thursday's 3-2 exhibition loss to Minnesota. Cleary, who left the game, didn't know the extent of the damage but didn't sound too optimistic. He said he was in pain and will have X-rays and a C.A.T. scan on Friday.

Zetterberg, Rafal, Flip and now Cleary :(

by Ansar Khan

Wings forward Dan Cleary suffered what might be a significant injury to his ribs midway through the second period of Thursday's 3-2 exhibition loss to Minnesota. Cleary, who left the game, didn't know the extent of the damage but didn't sound too optimistic. He said he was in pain and will have X-rays and a C.A.T. scan on Friday.

:scared: I am NOT amused.

by Ansar Khan

whats wrong with zetterberg and filppula?

whats wrong with zetterberg and filppula?

They are/were both nursing minor injuries but will be fine and have skated, oh yeah and Kopecky has a groin injury too but it's minor as they say

Edited by Saran

What do you mean? Zetterberg and Flip? When, where and how...I don't understand?

They both played tonight. I never read about them being hurt.

Edited by Production Line

all 3 were coach's decision and are very minor anyway. Cleary however......well, if it is INDEED broken ribs than I don't expect to see him playing again until late october/early november...

Edited by ShanahanMan

Ribs is a pretty big deal, depending on where he hit them at.

Back in high school I was just watching a baseball game (remember, JUST WATCHING), small collegiate stadium, I was walking down the stairway and mis-stepped and fell, and I hit my ribs smack dab on a railing. I didn't come close to breaking them, but they were damn sore for a good while. I remember trying to play golf a few days later and I could barely even swing the golf club.

At least it got a few laughs out of some people, at my unfortuante expense of pain. :lol:

Ribs is nothing to mess with, and I'd be careful not to push too hard too soon if I was Cleary, esp. since it'll be preseaon/early regular season. Plenty of time to get better.

Ouchies again..

Clearly looked in a lot of pain during the Red Wings Live post game. He was thinking something was broken but wouldn't know until today's Xrays.

If it is indeed an injury that requires a decent amount of time on the shelf, I'll be curious to see if the Wings give Grigs a shot at the start of the season to see what he can do. I gotta think he will take this as an opportunity to make a push for a roster spot.

According to MLive:

Coach Mike Babcock said that Dan Cleary doesn't have broken ribs and will be sidelined on a day-to-day basis. Cleary joins Tomas Kopecky (groin) and Brian Rafalski (hip flexor) in the day-to-day injury list

According to MLive:

Coach Mike Babcock said that Dan Cleary doesn't have broken ribs and will be sidelined on a day-to-day basis. Cleary joins Tomas Kopecky (groin) and Brian Rafalski (hip flexor) in the day-to-day injury list

That is a big time relief. Thanks for posting!

According to MLive:

Thats better....... i was worried it would be like a two month thing. :crazy: