• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

Photos from game vs. Pens

Rate this topic

Last night I had one of the best seats at the Joe... on the glass right behind the net. So, of course I had to take my camera along!

Pavel, setting up for a pass...

IPB Image

Downey trying a wrap-around...

IPB Image

Franzenstien was on fire this game...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Gregorenko, pre-game...

IPB Image

Igor, shooting the puck off a Pens stick

IPB Image

And of course, some Homer photos!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Homer, in the office...

IPB Image

And an Ozzie...

IPB Image

In the poor goal judge's former seat?!

Anyway, nice pics!

Thanks... nope I was in the public seating area. But I was talking to the TV cameraman sitting next to me in the aisle and he did say that they ARE planning on extending the seating in that section over two more seats to occupy the space formerly taken by the goal judges box.

Edited by Gizmo

Off-topic (kind of) question:

What kind of camera were you using? I thought the Joe had some sort of rule against certain size cameras, and those pictures are near-professional (great job!). I'm asking because I have a camera I'd like to bring, but I wasn't sure if the Joe allowed it.

I was 100% legit. I used my Nikon D70 with the 18-70mm "kit" lens. The JLA policy is "No cameras with lenses over 80mm". I'm also kicking myself because I meant to take my faster 50mm f1.4 and 28mm f2.8 lenses that would have allowed me to eliminate the motion blur due to the slower shutter speeds. Unfortunately, I spaced it and left them at home.

The photos were taken at ISO 1600 and post processed with Noise Ninja to reduce the high ISO image noise.

I also had what probably would have been my best two photos ruined because I got "strobed" by the arena stobes being used by the DetNews shooter. We fired at the same time and my photo looks like a small nuclear device is going off in the rafters!!

Edited by Gizmo

I was 100% legit. I used my Nikon D70 with the 18-70mm "kit" lens. The JLA policy is "No cameras with lenses over 80mm". I'm also kicking myself because I meant to take my faster 50mm f1.4 and 28mm f2.8 lenses that would have allowed me to eliminate the motion blur due to the slower shutter speeds. Unfortunately, I spaced it and left them at home.

The photos were taken at ISO 1600 and post processed with Noise Ninja to reduce the high ISO image noise.

I also had what probably would have been my best two photos ruined because I got "strobed" by the arena stobes being used by the DetNews shooter. We fired at the same time and my photo looks like a small nuclear device is going off in the rafters!!

Thanks for taking the time to load up these awesome shots! You really have some serious talent. I'd love to see more shots with your preferred equipment.

It would have been funny if you could have out strobbed the Det.News guy!

It would have been funny if you could have out strobbed the Det.News guy!
Unfortunately, he's the only one with the strobes. The other thing you're not allowed to use is on-camera flashes at JLA. Here's what it looks like when you fire at the exact same time at the DetNews/FreeP guy (it of Datsyuk's break-away late in the 3rd that would have been the GWG):

IPB Image

Thanks... nope I was in the public seating area. But I was talking to the TV cameraman sitting next to me in the aisle and he did say that they ARE planning on extending the seating in that section over two more seats to occupy the space formerly taken by the goal judges box.

...great photos! But, I think I missed the goal judge thing... Where are they sitting now?

...great photos! But, I think I missed the goal judge thing... Where are they sitting now?
They are actually on platforms over the entrance ways from the concourse and are roughly parallel with the goal line. We talked to the TV camera man next to us about that change. We said now they just turn the light on when they see the ref signal a goal. If you are holding an SRO ticket, congrats, you now have the same view as the goal judge! Edited by Gizmo