• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Defenseman13

How's everyone liking pre-season?

Rate this topic

We (Sharks) lost our opener to the Kings 6-5 in a shootout, then downed the Mighty Sucks two games in a row.

Tonight my folks watched the Vancouver game at the tank, and it was brutal. Roenick got on the board, as did Cheecho, and we beat the Nucks 3-1.

What was interesting (and made me want to share) was the amount of goonage. Apparently they took liberties with our Captain, which resulted in 10 players getting tossed for fighting:

Sep 22, 2007 VAN Nathan McIver SAN Rob Davison

Sep 22, 2007 VAN Pierre-Cédrick Labrie SAN Doug Murray

Sep 22, 2007 VAN Nathan McIver SAN Patrick Marleau

Sep 22, 2007 VAN Alexandre Burrows SAN Craig Rivet

Sep 22, 2007 VAN Jeff Cowan SAN Ryane Clowe

(taken from Hockeyfights.com, a great place to catch fights for those that like em, and who doesn't?)

Seems like we took the lead from the Ducks on the fighting as well as filling in defensive holes with tough guys. So far so good. Apparently Marleau fought one of their tougher guys.

Hockey's back, that's for sure. See you guys October 18th!

love that hockeys back..

hate that i can't watch, or EVEN LISTEN to it :(

in these days of the internet and satellites you would think they'd be able to stream a TV signal around the globe, but NO...

Fightings way up this pre-season, every except here...

Meh, it's the preseason, the games technically don't count. I could care less about the preseason in any sports.

If they were on regular TV down here I'd glance at them, but nothing too much more or get emotionally out of whack as a result. Case in point I watched the New Orleans Saints first preseason game down here off/on, first game coming off nearly going to the Super Bowl, they don't play that good, and many fans are on suicide watch after 1 PRESEASON game from the stuff I was listening to on the radio on the way to work the next morning. Pretty pitiful.

Besides, I like watching college football a lot, almost as much as I like watching the Wings, and I will rarely miss any games from my alma mater and one of the bigger schools down here when they are on TV or live.

Once regular season starts early next month, I will be all eyes/ears when the games matter.

I'm sorry to say I really haven't been following along. Similar to SouthernWingsFan, I don't pay to much attention to it for any sport. I figure all preseason is for is to get in shape and see who fills in the last few roster spots.

I'm sure most of us know who's going to be on the opening night roster already.

And you call your sorry selves hockey fans? RED WINGS FANS?

Preseason reminded me (not that I, or my wife especially, needed it) of just how much I missed hockey.

And last night reminded me that we are ridiculously soft. Kris Draper goes after Mark Recchi after he hits Lidstrom. Crosby goes for Draper. No Red Wings step up. Know why? Laraque. This will be one of those years again, where the Wings won't be able to defend themselves.

At least San Jose can do that. They'll be damn good this year. So will the Wings, but if I see another game like I did against Philly, I'm going to puke.

I call myself a sports fan. The NFL and MLB are going on at the same time, so preseason hockey takes a back seat for me. Once the season starts, I'm in.

It's similar with MLB's Spring Training. The NHL's playoff picture is being settled in March, so MLB is on the back burner until April.

Preseason reminded me (not that I, or my wife especially, needed it) of just how much I missed hockey.

Remember how long the lockout lasted? Much longer than an off-season.

So spare me the "I'm not a real Red Wings fan" bulls**t just because I miss a few pre-season games that don't count in the standings, or don't remember the stats of Tim Cheveldae from 1991, or that Jamie Pushor was a Red Wing for X amount of games for 2 seasons, etc. etc. etc.

I'm no more/less, no better/worse of a fan than you, any other member in here, or any other Red Wings fan.

I call myself a sports fan. The NFL and MLB are going on at the same time, so preseason hockey takes a back seat for me. Once the season starts, I'm in.

It's similar with MLB's Spring Training. The NHL's playoff picture is being settled in March, so MLB is on the back burner until April.

Thank you.

As much as I like the Red Wings, my life is not all about them and I got other stuff going on in my life as well.

Meh, it's the preseason, the games technically don't count. I could care less about the preseason in any sports.

If they were on regular TV down here I'd glance at them, but nothing too much more or get emotionally out of whack as a result. Case in point I watched the New Orleans Saints first preseason game down here off/on, first game coming off nearly going to the Super Bowl, they don't play that good, and many fans are on suicide watch after 1 PRESEASON game from the stuff I was listening to on the radio on the way to work the next morning. Pretty pitiful.

Besides, I like watching college football a lot, almost as much as I like watching the Wings, and I will rarely miss any games from my alma mater and one of the bigger schools down here when they are on TV or live.

Once regular season starts early next month, I will be all eyes/ears when the games matter.

I can not relate to a word you said, pre-season, sports, or otherwise. Heresy!

I know they don't "count"... I think the Sharks were undefeated in preseason last year, and look what happened. You have to understand that I don't follow any other sports, so that summer gap drives me nuts when there's no sports on.

What's been fascinating me more is the amount of fighting. By the time I'm writing this response, the NYR/ISL brawl has already gone down, and tons of other fights have happened. I personally think it's a combination of the usual rookies trying to make their mark, a nod to who has the cup right now and their tactics, and the big one.... a response to cheap hits that were horribly officiated and are getting out of control. (Pronger, the SJ/NAS series etc... plus the countless boardings last year.)

Well... you guys do have the king of enforcers... Brad Norton. :P

oh god...don't remind me. I don't thiink he's even played yet, I haven't seen him.

Amen brother. Just seeing the commercials start again gives me goosebumps.

Remember how long the lockout lasted? Much longer than an off-season.

So spare me the "I'm not a real Red Wings fan" bulls**t just because I miss a few pre-season games that don't count in the standings, or don't remember the stats of Tim Cheveldae from 1991, or that Jamie Pushor was a Red Wing for X amount of games for 2 seasons, etc. etc. etc.

I'm no more/less, no better/worse of a fan than you, any other member in here, or any other Red Wings fan.

Thank you.

As much as I like the Red Wings, my life is not all about them and I got other stuff going on in my life as well.

relax, dude. Do not mistake some people's love for The Game as calling out your manhood or genitalia size. You'e a a bit angry right now, and you need a hug.

I know they don't "count"... I think the Sharks were undefeated in preseason last year, and look what happened. You have to understand that I don't follow any other sports, so that summer gap drives me nuts when there's no sports on.

What's been fascinating me more is the amount of fighting. By the time I'm writing this response, the NYR/ISL brawl has already gone down, and tons of other fights have happened. I personally think it's a combination of the usual rookies trying to make their mark, a nod to who has the cup right now and their tactics, and the big one.... a response to cheap hits that were horribly officiated and are getting out of control. (Pronger, the SJ/NAS series etc... plus the countless boardings last year.)

oh god...don't remind me. I don't thiink he's even played yet, I haven't seen him.

relax, dude. Do not mistake some people's love for The Game as calling out your manhood or genitalia size. You'e a a bit angry right now, and you need a hug.

I am

kidding

I am

kidding