• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sjbwing

Center Ice on Dish Network

Rate this topic

I called Dish Network to order my Center Ice package for this year and they said it wasn't available for purchase yet because they were still negotiating with the NHL. YIKES!

Should I be panicked? I've had Center Ice with Dish Network the past few years, enjoyed it, and never had a problem.

Has anyone else heard anything from Dish Network?

I am in the same boat as you, buddy.

I called yesterday, and last week, week before that, and so forth.

First few times the person who spoke poor english knew nothing about it, one woman asked what the NHL was and if it was a sport. But the last two times, they finally heard of the NHL and Center Ice but read that same generic message you got.

I will be so upset if they don't carry it. I bought a house, a 52" TV, got Dish with the HD box, so I have been waiting all summer to watch hockey in HD this season! I ended up getting my HD Dish and TV one day after the Ducks won the Cup! So I never saw a HD hockey game yet!

I did make a call last week complaining about something and they informed me I wasn't under contract. I thought I was, but they said no. So worse comes to worse, I'll cancel Dish and get Direct TV.

Guest nutz2u

Dish Network is owned by Direct TV which I have had for several years and my last bill had the first NHL Center Ice payment on it so don't panic. :)

Perhaps it's on the same channels as other sports networks (i.e. Major League Baseball network) while that season is still in progress.

My local cable provider still has NHL Center Ice being in the "off-season", b/c it's on the same station numbers as the MLB package until MLB gets in the playoffs. And baseball still has the regular season for another week or so. Once that ends it switches to NHL Center Ice right in the beginning of October to order/view the first week for free once baseball playoffs roll around.

So I wouldn't sweat or fret just yet, just be patient.

Yeah, I just called onto Dish Network, and they guy I talked to said the same thing. This sucks. I would have to hate to change to comcast or direct tv because dish network can't get a deal for center ice.

I just went to comcast.com, and they are saying the same thing. They are saying it is out of season...check back when it is in season.

Ya know what really ticks me off? How the NFL's preseason is shown all over the place on 5 different channels, and not one channel carries the NHl preseason. Why can't NHL Center Ice start their coverage sooner to include the preseason? Why can't we see all of the action?

I just went to comcast.com, and they are saying the same thing. They are saying it is out of season...check back when it is in season.

Ya know what really ticks me off? How the NFL's preseason is shown all over the place on 5 different channels, and not one channel carries the NHl preseason. Why can't NHL Center Ice start their coverage sooner to include the preseason? Why can't we see all of the action?

NFL is just a lot more popular to the general American public than the NHL will ever be. You or I may not like it but that is just a simple truth, hence more coverage.

Also to keep in mind...my cable company offered a free preview of NHL Center Ice the first week. And Ihockey is probably the 1000th most popular sport in the totem pole down here (exaggerating a lot, but you know what I mean...). So, I'm assuming that is the norm for a lot of companies that offer the packages.

Now I haven't seen them move the NHL Center Ice package to in-season yet, but again that's because baseball is on the same stations and I have to wait for the regular season to end at the end of this month, but if the first regular season is a free preview, there's nothing to worry about and there's plenty of time to order it.

I have Comcast and was able to order today with no problem. $149 for the year (early bird special). Told me to check my TV tonight to make sure (not sure how to check since there's no games yet, but maybe if the MLB games are playing that's an indication).

I am having the same problem with time warner cable, they said they were negotiating with the NHL, all i know is they better have it or I will drop them quick and get however has it.

i have the same problem with them here. are you in texas?

im in round rock

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

I have WOW (wideopenwest). I just tried to order the package, and was said its not available. I was wondering why there have been no comercials for it yet. Seems like last year this time we were swamped with them. The NHL BETTER be doing this across the board not just certain cable company's...

Called DirecTV today just to make sure and they say Center Ice is good to go. They even have their Center Ice broadcast schedule on their web site. I bought an HD LC TV and DirecTV HighDef receiver w/ DVR over the summer. I am soooo ready for hockey!

I confirmed last night that my Centre Ice is up and working. Right now they are showing MLB games (and it fun to see the Yankees take a loss after winning most of their game.)

Called DirecTV today just to make sure and they say Center Ice is good to go. They even have their Center Ice broadcast schedule on their web site. I bought an HD LC TV and DirecTV HighDef receiver w/ DVR over the summer. I am soooo ready for hockey!

I hate to bring the bad news but i think they show like 10 hd games all year and NBC hd cov sucks. I have the same set up as you do. Thw wings never are on HD also its always Pit or the Rangers.

I just called Comcast this morn to alleviate a different issue, and while I had them (actually talking to a person - and spoke great english) on the phone, I asked 'em about Center Ice. They said they were running an Early Bird special till the 1st of October - $149.00 for the season! Done. Now when I get home, I will have every game offered on TV for the season! Perfect way to augment my newfound love of fantasy hockey!!

Go Wings... Go Lawson Lunatics! (my fantasy team)

Well, I'm making progress...

I found out today that Dish Network is offering Center Ice (Whew!). Then I asked if it included the NHL Network and the person on the line had no idea what I was talking about.

I'm holding off until I know for sure...

Yeah i'm in Austin, I have had center ice for 3 years and this will be the 4th. I don't know but they better fix the problem pretty quick cause I will get whatever has center ice if not. Let me know if you here something???

i have the same problem with them here. are you in texas?

im in round rock

Just ordered it yesterday for Dish! Great news.

I was getting worried. Told a bunch of people to come on over Saturday (Oct. 6th) for the Pens home opener!

The guy didn't know anything about the NHL Network though.

I have a feeling we'll get jipped and won't get it. Probably Comcast only. Sure hope I'm wrong!

Well, I haven't tried to order anything yet, but I went through my TV listings and they were available all the way up to the first few days of October.

MLB Extra Innings/NHL Center Ice are on the same stations for my cable provider, but I checked just to make sure they were still showing it and MLB swtiched to NHL Center Ice on October 3rd. I'll probably just wait to order during the first few days of October.

So, looks like I'm covered. :thumbup: