• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sticknmove

Like him more every day.

Rate this topic

He may not win them all, but you got to love the guy, not a ounce a quit in him and he is a flat out warrior. Enjoy

***EDIT***

Found another one I had to post, great watch for the scrap against Grimson (he is in the old ducks uniform, Downey does allright) and this one has the actual fight (not the infamous squareoff) with Norton. ENJOY!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Downey talking sh*t to the Blues bench

Blow what?

Edited by sticknmove

Yuppers, I'm with ya. Him and drake on the same team, closest thing we have had to the Kocer, Probert and Dmac days in a long time. Sign him up. The liberties that are taken with Dats and Zet would be over.

Hah.

"You know it isn't necessary to start a new topic every time you find a new you tube video... You could post it in, say, the thread you have going already."

Shut up, dont read it or post in it if you dont like it. Nice avatar to, euro hockey RULES

Shut up, dont read it or post in it if you dont like it. Nice avatar to, euro hockey RULES

What are you, 10? Is that why the quote feature is giving you such a headache? You have two threads active at the moment that are basically "Hey look guys I found some youtube videos!", when there only needs to be one.

Sweet - Downey is looking like on of those guys you are embarrassed to call a Wing.

Count me as one of the few who would rather see his ass cut from the team, or at least have him shipped down to GR, then at least I don't have to watch him lose fights and embarrass himself.

Ya no sh*t sherlock, do I try to hide what the contents of my thresds are? No, look at the titles, so if you dont like the idea dont f*cking look or comment on them

I wish people wouldn't bleep out one letter form swear words... it makes the voices in my head confused when they're reading to me. :unsure:

He can have all the heart in the world, he's got no where near the talent to crack this lineup. There's a reason he has never played more than 43 games in a season.

If I have to ask myself the queston "Would this player(Downey or any other player) even be in the nhl if he didn't fight?" and the answer is no, than I say no thanks. I believe Downey falls in that category.

Ya no sh*t sherlock, do I try to hide what the contents of my thresds are? No, look at the titles, so if you dont like the idea dont f*cking look or comment on them

No but you sure as s*** clutter up the message board.

He did really well against Worrell, I give him a tie on that fight. Unexpected.

Agree. Worrell's not that great of a technical fighter IMO, but you have to be careful because he's still a big *****. Downey sure handled him nicely for his size.

Cheers!

esteef

P.S. f*** this thread!!!

Yuppers, I'm with ya. Him and drake on the same team, closest thing we have had to the Kocer, Probert and Dmac days in a long time. Sign him up. The liberties that are taken with Dats and Zet would be over.

downey gets his ass kicked way more than he kicks an ass. though it would be nice to have somebody stick up for our boys, i don't think downey is gonna scare too many people.

"No but you sure as s*** clutter up the message board."

Ya well it looks like they are getting the quite a bit of conversation going as well you tool. Furthermore, while you are free to call it "clutter", which is fine, only a opinion of yours, I am going to go ahead and express my feeling on your postings. And it is that you are absolutely clueless about hockey as a sport, along with the mentality that surrounds it. You are the type that was elated when the new shootout rule was brought in and that fighting has no place anymore and that "goons" are a waste of a spot on the roster. Also you do not really know anything technical whatsoever about what you talk about, instead you have personal feelings about an aspect of the game and run with it, statements such as "he's got no where near the talent to crack this lineup" clearly show this. How does he clearly not have the talent? Really, who has more goals in the preseason, Downey or Grigs? As you can see that is a very general, and sideways argument. I made it so you can see what next to everything you type here looks like.

kbye

"No but you sure as s*** clutter up the message board."

Ya well it looks like they are getting the quite a bit of conversation going as well you tool. Furthermore, while you are free to call it "clutter", which is fine, only a opinion of yours, I am going to go ahead and express my feeling on your postings. And it is that you are absolutely clueless about hockey as a sport, along with the mentality that surrounds it. You are the type that was elated when the new shootout rule was brought in and that fighting has no place anymore and that "goons" are a waste of a spot on the roster. Also you do not really know anything technical whatsoever about what you talk about, instead you have personal feelings about an aspect of the game and run with it, statements such as "he's got no where near the talent to crack this lineup" clearly show this. How does he clearly not have the talent? Really, who has more goals in the preseason, Downey or Grigs? As you can see that is a very general, and sideways argument. I made it so you can see what next to everything you type here looks like.

kbye

Hypocrite.

I'm with omnipotent_hudler on this one.

P.S.- there's nothing wrong with euro hockey. If you want to see more fighting, then watch, say, boxing. :rolleyes:

No european hockey is great to watch, but not in North America. And yes I would rather watch a fight or 2 during a hockey game, especially if I have to choose between that and watching hits like Downies cheat hit last night that resulted in a guy leaving on a stretcher. I don't like boxing, and please refrain from statements as juvenile as the "why dont you watch boxing" one was. I mean we can play that game if you want.

Fine you don't like fighting in hockey, go watch figure skating.

Dear eurotrash,

Next time one of our franchise player misses 19 games due to a cheap x-check across the back let me know how you feel.

We need at least one 4th line guy that can skate and fight and be bumped up to the first or second line if you know what I mean.

Sweet - Downey is looking like on of those guys you are embarrassed to call a Wing.

But you arent embarrased to call Samuleson or Lilja Wings? At least Downey has in impact sometimes, those 2 never do.

We need more guys like Downey, McCarty and Lapointe used to do s*** like that all the time and other players get a kick out of it, Anaheim and Ottawa loved having George Parros and Brian Mcgrattan make them laugh and have fun at practise, that'd help the Wings, not hurt them.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

But you arent embarrased to call Samuleson or Lilja Wings? At least Downey has in impact sometimes, those 2 never do.

I'm no Sammy fan, but both he and Lillypads HAVE had an impact on the team. Sammy's scored quite a few goals and played point against the ducks where he scored as well. Lil lead the league in hits during the playoffs and played very solid hockey when he was asked to step up and play with Lids despite making a pretty brutal mistake at the end.

I have not had a chance to see Downey play yet but if this kid can skate and give 10 to 15 goals a season and protect are star players you bring him in, hell Probie only had 1 good year in scoring but his job was not to score it was to protect are star players and he knew that, so bring in Downey to do the same.

Edited by DEVILSWATERBOY

I'm no Sammy fan, but both he and Lillypads HAVE had an impact on the team. Sammy's scored quite a few goals and played point against the ducks where he scored as well. Lil lead the league in hits during the playoffs and played very solid hockey when he was asked to step up and play with Lids despite making a pretty brutal mistake at the end.

Well put :clap:

Guest MrSandMan

Unless Downey can prove he can be a talented 4th liner, he has no business cracking the line up. Let alone, the NHL.

I've watched better players during pre-season that deserve the spot more. There's more to hockey than having a punching bag on the team.