• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
up2here

Who else is concerned about scoring depth?

Rate this topic

I just read an article about how the Wings are planning to split Datsyuk and Zetterberg again this season. Which seems like a good idea except for the fact that we dont have much scoring depth other than those two on the entire roster. I know all about Hudler and Grigorenko's potential and I am willing to give them a chance but how long do we wait before pulling trigger on a deal?

Next time please think before you post. With these two split i think it makes who ever play's around them better. In addition there are 1,000 of these threds already and nothing will happen to till D-day

Edited by Curban915

Next time please think before you post. With these two split i think it makes who ever play's around them better. In addition there are 1,000 of these threds already and nothing will happen to till D-day

After going throught the first 5 pages of forum topics and not finding anything about scoring depth I decided to make one. It is a legitimate concern that I have as a fan,if you dont like dont read it or reply to it.

Yet 6 threads about Aaron Downey on the first page are ok for you.

Now with that out of the way, I am very scared about the scoring depth on this roster. I think right now the front office either:

A> doesn't see anyone that can fill the void and will wait until some players become available to trade for.

B> thinks the wings will be able to run away from the division and are trying to give the youth a shot.

C> thinks that these young guys can hold there own.

I on the other hand really see a need for a top 6 forward.

He was complaining about your putting up a thread that was pages deep, yet he has no problem posting in every thread on the first page about Aaron Downey.

It was a reply to the post I quoted above what I said.

i wouldn't worry about it. we've got plenty of kids that can score goals. i'm really optimistic about huds (should he get time) and flip this season. expect great things from both of them. and, my prediction is we'll be getting some goals from unexpected sources (e.g. franzen). i won't sweat it until we're 2-8.

He was complaining about your putting up a thread that was pages deep, yet he has no problem posting in every thread on the first page about Aaron Downey.

Oh i get it now thanks for backing me up..I'm a little tired from flipping through pages

Yea i dont see you have any problem posting in them also. I just stated what everyone already knows, its been the talk of the off season now Downey is the new thing. I dont think the wings will have anything to worry about. Nor should you.

All GMs with a brain have mentioned that in the post-lockout years, a competitive team MUST rely on youger, role players to provide depth at any position. With the youngsters the Wings have this year I think that we should be OK.

Don't forget the story of the playoffs last year was how impressive the Ducks little guys played and they weren't proven scorers previous to that.

Prediction--- Wings average 3+ goals per game

I'm worried about scoring depth. We need a sniper and or a power forward. Heven forbid that Dats or Zetts go out for any kind of time. I can't help but think that Zett averages missing 12 games a year in his pro career...

Thanks for telling me what my opinion of the wings should be. You will notice that in all of my post I tell you my opinion, not what yours should be.

And yes I have no problem posting in the Downey threads, but you don't see me degrading people behind the veil of internet toughness, while telling some one what to or not to start topics on. When the 5th (I was wrong earlier there are not 6 on the front page) Downey thread came up, did I tell anyone to

Next time please think before you post.
no I posted my thoughts on the comments made.

And to some of us the Downey topic is old already, it is not just about Downey he just happens to be the new name.

Now back to me not being worried about the offense. Lets look at some thing shall we.

1. The Wings have lost Lang and no matter what anyone thinks of his work ethic, he put up points that are going to need to be made up for. This team did not scorch the scoreboard up last year. A lot of the guys on this roster were there last year, and the only one to get a dramatic increase in minutes should be Huds, therefore I would have to assume those guys will get about the same amount of points.

2. There are a lot of young guys I am really excited about, I have high hopes for them, however we have no idea what the wings will get out of Cleary this year. Will he regress to his previous self? Can Mule handle being a second liner? Will Hudler shine with more minutes? These are all concerns for me. Do I think the wings are doomed and destined for defeat no. But I am concerned about the ability to put pucks in the back of the net.

3. I would love to believe that splitting Datsyuk and Zetterberg up will spread their talent out and they will be able to make other players better. But I am concerned like others that splitting them up may take away the wings one dominant line. And as we all know Hudler is not Datsyuk and Franzen is not Zetterberg, so some of the punch that D and Z have will be lessened because the other was so good that helped them understand what the other will do. It will take a guy like Hudler a while to get to a point where he expects that pass from Z behind the net going the other way.

These are my major concerns for this offense.

Thanks for telling me what my opinion of the wings should be. You will notice that in all of my post I tell you my opinion, not what yours should be.

And yes I have no problem posting in the Downey threads, but you don't see me degrading people behind the veil of internet toughness, while telling some one what to or not to start topics on. When the 5th (I was wrong earlier there are not 6 on the front page) Downey thread came up, did I tell anyone to no I posted my thoughts on the comments made.

And to some of us the Downey topic is old already, it is not just about Downey he just happens to be the new name.

Now back to me not being worried about the offense. Lets look at some thing shall we.

1. The Wings have lost Lang and no matter what anyone thinks of his work ethic, he put up points that are going to need to be made up for. This team did not scorch the scoreboard up last year. A lot of the guys on this roster were there last year, and the only one to get a dramatic increase in minutes should be Huds, therefore I would have to assume those guys will get about the same amount of points.

2. There are a lot of young guys I am really excited about, I have high hopes for them, however we have no idea what the wings will get out of Cleary this year. Will he regress to his previous self? Can Mule handle being a second liner? Will Hudler shine with more minutes? These are all concerns for me. Do I think the wings are doomed and destined for defeat no. But I am concerned about the ability to put pucks in the back of the net.

3. I would love to believe that splitting Datsyuk and Zetterberg up will spread their talent out and they will be able to make other players better. But I am concerned like others that splitting them up may take away the wings one dominant line. And as we all know Hudler is not Datsyuk and Franzen is not Zetterberg, so some of the punch that D and Z have will be lessened because the other was so good that helped them understand what the other will do. It will take a guy like Hudler a while to get to a point where he expects that pass from Z behind the net going the other way.

These are my major concerns for this offense.

I see your point it will be interesting to see what happens this year. I also agree with the comment about lang as much as everyone said he was lazy he did help every once in while. And players like cleary huds and sammy are starting new parts of there carrier, will be interesting to see how the handle it all. Next time i while think before i post thought there where more of these going on but after looking there where not. I take it back.

Edited by Curban915

Holy s*** that is a lot more maturity than I think anyone here has shown, myself included.

Did you seriously just admit to making a mistake, seriously some one on this board admitted that.

I am just being a sarcastic asshat, but atleast you had the guts to admit it.

I never grabbed onto the Lang was lazy, you could take the hardest working player in hockey and if you stand him in front of a bunch of people used to watching Yzerman play for 20+ years, anyone will look a little lazy.

I agree with you though that they could be great, if everyone stays onpar with last year and the guys with more minutes get better this team could be very very good and young. But I have been a Red Sox fan for a long time now and watching them constantly suck it up, wears even the strongest fan down!

Hey if Rex has little man's disease, otherwise known as Napolean Complex, he should be fine in the NHL, give him a little edge, a little anger, a little motivation.

{Pun intended}

He you may have something to look forward to this year with the soxs man hope they beat them damn yanks.

As shocked as you are if indeed i make a mistake i will admit to it, so if you all want to bash on me for a while go for it but most of my post are on point except this one.

I have said this alot but i think Cleary could play a style like Shanny did not to the same level but with the hits and points. I would not be shocked if he made a push at some point in the season for a spot on the top 2 lines. I would really like to see what he could do with min with Dats or Z if they stay apart the whole year.

I hate to bring this up i'm really going to get my as* kicked for this, What about Foresberg at the deadline if healthy what could he add to this team? Just something to think about thrum out the year.

After his play in this post season I think Cleary could be a mini version of Shanny.

By mini I mean less of a fighter and less of a scorer but same type of player. Both he and Franzen really aggravated the Flames a lot, and the Sharks quite a bit too.

My issue with Forsberg has nothing to do with him being a former av, but his injury issues.

Other than that the man is a talented hockey player, he is the new Neely, in terms of injuries screwing up an unbelievable hockey career.

Im not worried. Im so excited for the top and 3rd lines. Franzen is gonna break out this year, and our 3rd line is gonna be one of the hardest working lines in the league.

The 2nd lines alright because Z is there, he could use some better wingers. Im sure throughout the season Kenny will make some moves to get us some better wingers, and get rid of Sammy!

Im not worried. Im so excited for the top and 3rd lines. Franzen is gonna break out this year, and our 3rd line is gonna be one of the hardest working lines in the league.

The 2nd lines alright because Z is there, he could use some better wingers. Im sure throughout the season Kenny will make some moves to get us some better wingers, and get rid of Sammy!

Well Im glad youre not worried,and I hope youre right. Hey are we assuming that Datsyuk will play with Grigorenko and Hank with Homer and the rest will be a hodge podge?

Judging by what we have done in the preseason so far, I am actually not concerned at all. We've rarely had half a lineup on any given night, and have been putting up an average of 3 goals a night. Stop worrying, we have a very good team.

Well Im glad youre not worried,and I hope youre right. Hey are we assuming that Datsyuk will play with Grigorenko and Hank with Homer and the rest will be a hodge podge?

Grigs isnt making the team. But no, Z is gonna play with Hudler and Sammy, and Dats with Homer and Franz. I'd imagine on the PP Z-D-H will play together, but thats about all.

I take back what I said this team has scored it's 6th of the night. They got a lot of goals from different people.

Z, Lids, Ralf, Homer, Dats, Drake, Kopecky, Maltby, Lilja, Sammy, Cheli, Franzen, Hudler all with points. That is pretty impressive!