• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sparty13

Former Detroit Prospects

Rate this topic

I was thinking today about all the trades that Detroit has pulled off over the years from Shanahan to Bertuzzi. Who are some of the propects we gave up for them and where are they in the NHL today?

On Oct 9, 1996 just 2 days into the season. Shannahan and Brian Glynn were traded to the Wings from Hartford for Keith Primeau, Paul Coffey, and a first-round draft pick.

Remember how pissed off Coffey was...He knew we were on the cusp for cups...

Edited by Production Line

A couple I can think of....

- Yan Golubovsky was traded to Florida to get Larionov back. He played 6 games for the Panthers and never appeared in the NHL again. Good trade.

- Max Kuznetsov was sent to the Kings as part of the Avery-Schneider deal, played 19 games there and went back to Russia.

- Anders Eriksson was traded to Chicago as part of the package for Chelios. We still have Cheli; Eriksson's bounced around to Chicago, Florida, Toronto, and Columbus, as well as various stops in the AHL, Sweden, and Russia.

Those three represent our 1st rounders from '93 to '95, by the way. Good trades to salvage poor selections.

Frankly i can't recall but one prospect we've ever given up in a trade since 96 that has amounted to much. Sean Avery being the only one, and he has his supporters, but at the time wasn't going to do much for the club.

Edited by theman19

Fleischmann and Avery were the only decent ones we ever gave away.

I'd definately like to have Avery, but Fleishmann will never be much, and wouldnt have been much use to us.

I was overjoyed to know we traded away Erickkson for Cheli back in the day, I hated that guy.

Fleischmann will come back to hurt us. Great prospect.

By "Fleishmann" you mean Tomas "I'm on my third try to make the f***in' Capitals" Fleishmann???

If he hasn't made the Caps yet, and with how s***ty that roster has been since he got there, i'm not too worried about him coming back to bite us in the ass.