• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Chelios is ON FIRE

Rate this topic

Hard to believe that our old man Chelios has 3 goals in 3 straight games. For a guy who had 1 goal all of last season, this is pretty freakin amazing, pre-season or not. I really really really hope this streak of his continues through the regular season, as we need a a good defensive scorer. What do you guys think?

Guest DetroitIan

I love Chelios as much as the next guy. Probably even more. But lets be real here. This is preseason. Let's see Cheli score even 10 during the entire regular season. Then i'll be impressed. Anything that happens in preseason, is nothing to hang your hat on. That's just how it's always been, and thats how it will always be.

Guest Crymson

I love Chelios as much as the next guy. Probably even more. But lets be real here. This is preseason. Let's see Cheli score even 10 during the entire regular season. Then i'll be impressed. Anything that happens in preseason, is nothing to hang your hat on. That's just how it's always been, and thats how it will always be.

Dare to dream, please.

Its almost Poetic when you think about it...

FIRE ON ICE

perhaps the wings were talking about rejuvinating Ol' Man Cheli's Career this year when they came up with that slogan.

Not to be a downer, but I'd take anyone's bet that feels Chelios will score more than 5 goals. He's a stay-at-home D-man on a team full of puck-moving defensemen. Here's hoping I'm wrong, but with Lids, Rafalski, Kronwall and Lebda shooting, I have a feeling he'll continue to be a stay-home guy like Lilja.

Since when Kronwall and Lebda are offensive def??? :blink:

Since someone said they were. Apparently having one end-to-end rush makes you a scoring d-man and if you are selected to play the point you must also be a scoring d-man.

To me its not so much about putting up goals, but rather if you are a puck-moving mobile defensemen vs. the stay-at-home variety.

Guest DetroitIan

if cheli scores even 5 goals a round of virtual beers is on me!

Dont worry, you'll never have to. :P I say Cheli gets 2 goals this season. Which is fine. Cause that's not his role. But the fact remains, Cheli will not hit 5 goals this season.

Dont worry, you'll never have to. :P I say Cheli gets 2 goals this season. Which is fine. Cause that's not his role. But the fact remains, Cheli will not hit 5 goals this season.

Obviously, I'm a huge Cheli fan, but logic's on your side:

1 (10 games after the trade), 3, 0 (24 games), 6, 2, 2, 4, and 0 goals with the Wings. His one goal that some have referenced was in the playoffs.

But like you said, for what he is and what we ask of him, that's fantastic. If he keeps killing penalties like someone half his age, we don't need a single goal from him.

fire on ice baby!

thats all Cheli !

its so cool to see him score some even if it's preseason,

but ANY amount of goals from him during the regular season is a plus.

dude's tryin to get on the PP unit like he wants. harharharr.

Edited by kylee

Guest DetroitIan

Obviously, I'm a huge Cheli fan, but logic's on your side:

1 (10 games after the trade), 3, 0 (24 games), 6, 2, 2, 4, and 0 goals with the Wings. His one goal that some have referenced was in the playoffs.

But like you said, for what he is and what we ask of him, that's fantastic. If he keeps killing penalties like someone half his age, we don't need a single goal from him.

Exactly. He's the best at what he does. And Im sure if he was put in the role of goal scorer, he would definitely have more than 2 goals. But we already have players that fit that role. Cheli's role is also hugely important in a different way. And like I said, he's great at it. Which is why I wouldnt mind if he played even 5 more seasons, if he can keep it up the way he has been. Chelios is one of my favorite players, and it's obviously not because of his point totals. Cheli has officially kicked the crap outta father time.

To prove this point the hawks were 7-1 in the preason last year. That sure as hell was not a sign of how we would perform in the regular season.