• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
erok

NHL Network 'very close' to launching in America.

Rate this topic

This may not be any suprise to you but..

NHL Net nabs U.S. Carriage

NHL Network, currently on Canadian TV, skates south this month after completing distribution deals with U.S. cable operators Comcast, Cox Communications, Cablevision and Time Warner, and with satellite operators DirecTV and Dish Network. In total, the network will pass about 72 million U.S. homes.

Source: http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/current/articl...t_id=1003654871

I also noticed that DTV added an HD channel next to each NHL Center Ice channel - so hopefully I will see NHL Network there too. Lets just hope it launches before Thanksgivng.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Don't know if this has been posted yet. Just got off the phone with Comcast and the guy told me that the NHL Network will be available on Comcast November 1st (with HD channel). It is a part of the NFL Network and a few other sports channels package. I'm pretty sure it costs $4.99/month which includes 5-10 sports channels including NHL TV... not too sure what that is.

Just thought I let ya all know DTV is showing the Sabres/ Panthers game IN HD an SD on channel 215, I think this is just a sneak peak of the Network on DTV, which is supposed to be on full time before the end of october.

Just thought I let ya all know DTV is showing the Sabres/ Panthers game IN HD an SD on channel 215, I think this is just a sneak peak of the Network on DTV, which is supposed to be on full time before the end of october.

Im near Kansas City and they added the NHL Network to our package (Cox Cable) last week.

NHL network is on here in Cincinnati. For once I'd like to hug Time Warner. Now all they have to do is give me VS and I'll leave them alone.

I just don't get it. :nonono:

I have Time Warner in Green Bay and I've always had Versus/OLN. However, I don't get the NHL Network. I was watching Center Ice last night and noticed the last game wasn't on due to it being on NHL Network.

I need to call Time Warner because if I miss one Wings game due to this I'm going to be uber-pissed.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

is it just me or does it seem a little odd that hockey (of the four major sports) is looking to get its own network.

i mean there isn't a football/baseball/basketball channel. there are some stations that key in on one sport more than others but nothing like the GOLF channel that is golf 24/7. however, this could just be in my area that the golf channel is the only one i get.

i dunno. of course i would LOVE there to be a hockey channel but i have a feeling not too many places would pick it up and no one would really be able to watch it anyways...

jyst my $0.02

is it just me or does it seem a little odd that hockey (of the four major sports) is looking to get its own network.

i mean there isn't a football/baseball/basketball channel. there are some stations that key in on one sport more than others but nothing like the GOLF channel that is golf 24/7. however, this could just be in my area that the golf channel is the only one i get.

i dunno. of course i would LOVE there to be a hockey channel but i have a feeling not too many places would pick it up and no one would really be able to watch it anyways...

jyst my $0.02

There is the NFL network, NBA tv, not sure if there is a MLB channel. So I guess I just don't get what you're talking about.

Anyone on Comcast have it yet? I know Comcast will be getting it, but did it launch yet?

MLB's network is set to launch in 2009 (per Mediaweek and sportsbusinessjournal)..

9:22 am on NOV 2nd and still no NHL Network on Comcast in Metro Det.. I have a couple friends on Direct TV and they are loving there NHL Network.. WHY MUST YOU CONTINUE TO TORMENT ME COMCAST!!!?

I have Comcast in Sterling Heights and I don't have it yet. I called them but they had no clue what I was talking about...they kept bringing up the NHL Center Ice :blink:

Just got off the phone with Comcast.. after talking to 3 different people that had no idea what the NHL network was I finally got someone who said it was scheduled to launch Comcast wide in January 2008.. not sure how accurate as there are reports of Nov and also reports that people in other states are watching already on comcast.. I'm seriously annoyed now..

I get it now on Direct TV (in Southern Cali) and it is AWESOME.

24 hours of hockey, the top 10 plays all the time, and they constantly show classic games/series.

Now with Center Ice, I really do get hockey all the time. NICE!