• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lebda4Pres

Kings v. Karlstad?

Rate this topic

Guest Lebda4Pres

Why are the LA kings playing karlstad of elitseian i belive in an official game? (check nhl.com scores)

it's the RED BULL WELCOME (to europe) TOURNAMENT.

they played salzburg the night before.

it were three teams and the kings won both games by the margin of 1 goal.

7:6 against salzburg (the trailed 0:3 after 4 minutes) and 4:3 yesterday.

looks like they defence has to improve.

especially the 6 golas salzburg scored look scary to me.

salzburg isn't that good.

The Kings won all three games, Karlstad never had a chance.

They didn't? Maybe you were watching a different game. Transitioning positionally on the bigger ice sheet was clearly giving the NHL squad some problems. Specifically Blake and a few others of the LA's D. Thier break-out passing was off by a bit, and they didnt skate as well in thier own defensive zone. However, they did use certain things to thier advantage, such as the boards and putting guys into them. LAK tried to push the play to the corners in thier own defensive end as much as possible, where they had a decicive advantage.

Karl was leading into the 3rd period, and if not for some outstanding saves by LAK's netminder, Karl would have buried a few more.

There were a few NHL players that seemed to thrive on the bigger ice. Particularly Cammaleri (tying goal) and Kopitar (game-winning goal). They used thier superior stick skills and speed to create excellent scoring chances. LA would not have won if Kopitar didn't crash the net late in the 3rd, creating a turnover goal from Karl's goalie.

Overall, there were a few standouts on the Swedish team, but it was most definetly a close game. Personally, I'd like to see more of this kind of action next season.

The Kings played a few exhibition games over there and they open their regular season against Anahiem in Europe on Saturday, with another game to follow on Sunday. I think the regular season opens for the rest of the league next Wednesday.