• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eva unit zero

Who Am I?

Rate this topic

Correct.

Here's another one. This is pretty easy, but I feel like doing it anyways:

I was born in Ukraine, but moved to Slovakia as a child. I have scored at least 30 goals 9 times in my career. I lead the league in goals twice, once in 1994-1995 and 1997-1998. I am 1 of only 37 players to ever score 500 goals in the NHL. I have played for only 3 teams in my long standing NHL career. I have never won a Stanley Cup, but have been to the finals once before.

Who am I?

You should've left out the years in which Bondra led the league in goals. That would have made it a little more difficult. That, and his home country kind of gave it away.

You've managed to give me a headache on this one nn

Want a hint/bonus question?

The Conn Smythe winner from the above player's 3rd trip to the Finals broke a record set by the Conn Smythe winner of the above player's 1st trip to the Finals.

What was the record? Who held it? Who broke it?

Ok, its definitely him! What sucks is i thought of him way early on but didnt do the year math right! I thought he had only played 11 years so i ruled him out....whoops!

Good question! I like stuff where you have to think and the answer isnt easily accessable.

Oh, the record is the game winning goals for the playoffs. Richards broke Sakics

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Peter Bondra :cool:

Correct.

You should've left out the years in which Bondra led the league in goals. That would have made it a little more difficult. That, and his home country kind of gave it away.

Yeah, I thought of that. The leading the league in goals did kind of give it away.

I'll have harder ones in the future. :)

Ok, its definitely him! What sucks is i thought of him way early on but didnt do the year math right! I thought he had only played 11 years so i ruled him out....whoops!

Good question! I like stuff where you have to think and the answer isnt easily accessable.

Oh, the record is the game winning goals for the playoffs. Richards broke Sakics

Yup. The best questions give you something to dig for without easy flags like specific seasons, stats, or anything like that.

This particular trivia question came to mind when they were talking about this with Rhett during the Flames' run to the Finals. How his new teamsalways seem to make it but haven't yet cinched a title.

When I was thinking about a way to give a hint without giving it away the coincidence of the Conn winners/record popped up. The bonus only really works well in conjunction with the Warrener question, because otherwise you're forced to give up specific info that makes it too easy (ie giving one of the years), or not enough to make it possible (such as "This Conn Smythe winner broke a record set by another Conn Smythe winner, what was the record and the two Smythe winners involved?"). Now I'm not sure whether there are more than one cases where that's applicable but I imagine there are.

Yeah, I thought of that. The leading the league in goals did kind of give it away.

I'll have harder ones in the future. :)

You got a fact incorrect though. There are currently 39 players with 500 or more goals, soon to be 40. Not 37.

New question.

I am a HOFer that was traded away mid-season from a team that went on to the Cup Finals that same season on four separate occasions. My old teammates won the Cup 3 of the 4 times.

What decade was the majority of his career played in?

All of the 80s and 90s though he'd definitely be considered more of an 80s player.

I thought it was more recent as I think I heard this being discussed before, but will require more thought.....edit, actually, maybe only a quick thought....Paul Coffey? I haven't gone to check, but I think he left the Oilers, Pens, Wings and Flyers the years they went to the Finals.

Edited by toby91_ca

You got a fact incorrect though. There are currently 39 players with 500 or more goals, soon to be 40. Not 37.

Sorry, my mistake.

New question.

I am a HOFer that was traded away mid-season from a team that went on to the Cup Finals that same season on four separate occasions. My old teammates won the Cup 3 of the 4 times.

Mike Gartner?

Edited by Kp-Wings

I think it only happened once with him, when going from New York to Toronto.

Yeah, you're right. He's only played for 4 teams (Washingon, NY Rangers, Toronto, Phoenix), and the only ones of those to win a Cup in recent years was New York.

I think you're right about Coffey. I thought about him, but Gartner always comes to mind when referring to being traded away the same year his former team wins the Cup. Coffey did win a few Cup's back during the Oiler's dynasty.

Edited by Kp-Wings