• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNutt

How about that shootout Grigorenko goal?

Rate this topic

The more i read about this guy he reminds me of Alexander Daigle. Tons of potential and skill, just doesn't want to use it.

But the goal was pretty sweet.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering though, how much of this has something to do with the fact that he is recovering from a pretty horrible car accident. Some? Any? None?

Listening to Ken and Mickey talk last night, it seems that there is a possibility that he will go to GR for a "conditioning" stint. They have given him until the 1st of November to make a decision. The kid really is in a tough spot. He can make twice the money in Russia, and he just might never adapt to the North American game. The two glaring things to me were the fact that he got left behind a lot, and when the showed him on the bench, it looked like he should have been on oxygen.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering though, how much of this has something to do with the fact that he is recovering from a pretty horrible car accident. Some? Any? None?

I'd say alot of it has to do with that. which is why another year in Russia or a year with GR would help him get back to his old form.

Guest MrSandMan

I'm a full Grigs supporter. Nobody wants to see him crack the Red Wing line up full time as much as me. I hope he proves that he is a force to be reckon with.

I like what Mick had to say about Grigs last night. The kid is gonna get every chance possible to make the orginization and I think he'll eventually prevail. No doubt about it he has skill, we just gotta be sure he can adjust to this speed. Think about how far he's already came. As for the shootout goal, Very Nice.

Sweet, you're in Co. I'm home of the Bulldogs. I live 2 miles from the FSU ice rink.

Good Deal. My family has property up there. Every summer when I was kid my Grandma would take me to that little party store in Roger's Heights and let me buy a Grape Crush and a comic book, then we'd go to the Fish hatchery in Reed City, ahhh how I used to love Big Rapids, but I digress....

I really hope Grigs has a full time role on the team this year!

I'd say alot of it has to do with that. which is why another year in Russia or a year with GR would help him get back to his old form.

What??? 4.5 years hasn't been enough time to recover from the accident....so let's give him 5.5 years, then he'll be good as new?

Guest MrSandMan

I like what Mick had to say about Grigs last night. The kid is gonna get every chance possible to make the orginization and I think he'll eventually prevail. No doubt about it he has skill, we just gotta be sure he can adjust to this speed. Think about how far he's already came. As for the shootout goal, Very Nice.

And he went on to say that there is more to hockey than speed. There's smarts and he has a ton.

Edited by MrSandMan

What??? 4.5 years hasn't been enough time to recover from the accident....so let's give him 5.5 years, then he'll be good as new?

I tend to agree. If he's not ready now, he'll never be ready. He gets one month to get his fat ass in shape. If he's still struggling at this level then cut him loose. Our top 2 scoring lines are doing pretty well so far. Grigs is going to have to do a lot to transplant Franzen, Homer, Sammy and Hudler from the top 4 winger positions.

I'm not saying he'll be good as new, but maybe he will be able to skate with the big boys by then? If not get rid of him, last thing we need is Alexander Daigle on our team.

I tend to agree. If he's not ready now, he'll never be ready. He gets one month to get his fat ass in shape. If he's still struggling at this level then cut him loose. Our top 2 scoring lines are doing pretty well so far. Grigs is going to have to do a lot to transplant Franzen, Homer, Sammy and Hudler from the top 4 winger positions.

A. Sammy will never be replaced by Grigs. Babs has a boner for him and he ain't going nowhere.

B. Hudler CAN be replaced by Grigs. All he has to do is throw a body check or get to the goal one-on-one and not be knocked down or lose the puck and Babs will replace Rex in a heartbeat. See Kopecky last playoff series.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

the goal was nice,

but i dont think Grigorenko will, nor deserves to make the team.

bring on downey - carrying the robert lang - # 20 legacy well, very well.

You must not have watched the last game. If Grigs was not an impact, then Downey was absolutely invisible this game.

I want Downey on the team, but not at the expense of Grigs. It sucks sometimes, but there is only so much room on this team.

You must not have watched the last game. If Grigs was not an impact, then Downey was absolutely invisible this game.

I want Downey on the team, but not at the expense of Grigs. It sucks sometimes, but there is only so much room on this team.

I did watch the game. Grigs didnt have an impact during the game much at all. Downey did what he had to do as a 4th liner, throw checks and run his mouth.

Grigs biggest impact was his SO goal. He was slow and took penaltys again tonight. Im not convinced he's NHL material yet, a stint in GR should do him good to get his speed up and his conditioning to NHL standards.

I think you have already gone overboard by suggesting someone has a lot of potential in this league because of a shootout goal he scored, but that's just me.

I think he has a lot of potential, but for completely different reasons.

agreed, but it is nice to know that he has soft hands.

Once he does that when it matters, then I'll be impressed. It was a nice move, but that dont mean alot. It was a shootout in a preseason game.

Im not trying to be negative, just saying, if he really wanted to impress, he wouldve won it in OT or something like that.

Which is easy as hell.

Any one of our guys could have done it, they were just giving him the chance.

I was at the game last night, it was mind boggling to see over half the crowd leave with about 3 minutes left in regulation. I will never understand that!!

Grigs didn't do anything special in the game. He was solid, but I think he'd do better with Hank and Pav in the lineup.

The SO move he pulled off was very nice. It was pretty much the same move Kopy used, just to the opposite side.

Guest MrSandMan

Why are you so concerned with where I live? Get over it.

Why are you being a dick? I just said "Sweet you're in Co." Why so defensive? LMFAO!