• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Dandenault may hit Waiver Wire

Rate this topic

The Canadiens have some tough decisions to make on defence with:

Markov, Komisarek, Gorges, Dandenault, Brisebois, Hamrlik, Boullion, O'Byrne and Streit all still in camp.

Markov-Streit-Komisarek-Hamrlik are all for sures on defence so:

Brisebois, Dandenault, Boullion, O'Byrne and Gorges are all figting for the 5-6-7 slots on defense. The only one that can go down without waivers is O'Byrne so he is likely an odd man out. Gorges has impressed the Habs brass and seems to have a ticket in while Brisebois was a FA signing and they seem to want him on the 2nd PP unit. That leaves Boullion and Dandenault left to duke it out for #7...But Brisebois could easily play his way off the team tonight too...

If they put him on waivers, pick him up. He's much better then Sopel and is better then Meech, I've always liked his speed and size, and he's got some grit and good in the playoffs.

So yeah, pick him up if he becomes available!

I liked him when he was here, but we don't need another defenseman on this team. I know he can also play wing, but he's not what we need at wing right now either. As I've said before, we need either a top 6 winger or an enforcer.

Dandy would be perfect. A team guy; great speed; good size; hard worker; and he could be the 7th defensemen or 13th forward. He's utility, and he's clutch. I remember when Bowman was talking about how championship teams are carried by guys like Dandenault.

How much would he cost?

Honestly I usually cringe at the Wing's obsession with bringing back former players, but Dandenault likely wouldn't cost a lot and is a great utility guy.

He's only 31, adds a little size, has decent grit and still has great speed.

All of that would help the Wings.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

On the cheap isn't possibly as he makes $1.75M (likely the reason he might be on the outs). That's as much as Lebda, Meech, and Ericsson make combined.

Good point. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. I always liked him, especially w/him being able to play both forward and "d". That is nice to have in a player once the injuries start to pile up.

On the cheap isn't possibly as he makes $1.75M (likely the reason he might be on the outs). That's as much as Lebda, Meech, and Ericsson make combined.

So, I guess my next hope is that he goes down and we can get him on the way back up.

So, I guess my next hope is that he goes down and we can get him on the way back up.

I doubt he'd make it to the Wings on the re-entry waiver queue at $875k. Somebody would take a chance on him long before the Wings would get to make a claim.

I doubt he'd make it to the Wings on the re-entry waiver queue at $875k. Somebody would take a chance on him long before the Wings would get to make a claim.

Where do you go to find out the current order of the queue?

I wouldn't mind having him back. He's a good utility player, and brings some speed and grit to the lineup. He'd be a good upgrade over Lilja, that's for sure.

How is Dandy a better defenseman than Lilly? He's a far better skater, but he doesn't do anything else better than ol' Andy. Sure he could line up as a forward, but we've got a number of guys that can fill out our bottom 6. If we're that desperate we can have Lebda skate up front.

Where do you go to find out the current order of the queue?

Right now it's last season's standings in reverse, so we'd be 2nd to last (or 3rd to last, not sure if the Cup winner gets bumped to the end automatically). Then after a certain point of the season it's whoever has accumulated the lowest percentage of possible standings points, then the next lowest, and so on.

Right now it's last season's standings in reverse, so we'd be 2nd to last (or 3rd to last, not sure if the Cup winner gets bumped to the end automatically). Then after a certain point of the season it's whoever has accumulated the lowest percentage of possible standings points, then the next lowest, and so on.

Well, that sucks for us, doesn't it?

How is Dandy a better defenseman than Lilly? He's a far better skater, but he doesn't do anything else better than ol' Andy. Sure he could line up as a forward, but we've got a number of guys that can fill out our bottom 6. If we're that desperate we can have Lebda skate up front.

He's a better skater, and doesn't get flat out burned like Lilja does 1-on-1.

I'm just saying: from a player standpoint, I would rather have Dandy. But I didn't realize his salary was so high. I thought we'd get him for much cheaper off waivers, but apparently we wouldn't.

So how does that stuff work? Who gets priority? That's one thing I never understood. I figured it was a first come first serve kinda thing...

Maybe the Canadians would rather trade someone like that for future considerations? That way they don't pay half the salary on a player that's 99.9999999% sure to be picked up off waivers.

The Canadiens have some tough decisions to make on defence with:

Markov, Komisarek, Gorges, Dandenault, Brisebois, Hamrlik, Boullion, O'Byrne and Streit all still in camp.

Markov-Streit-Komisarek-Hamrlik are all for sures on defence so:

Brisebois, Dandenault, Boullion, O'Byrne and Gorges are all figting for the 5-6-7 slots on defense. The only one that can go down without waivers is O'Byrne so he is likely an odd man out. Gorges has impressed the Habs brass and seems to have a ticket in while Brisebois was a FA signing and they seem to want him on the 2nd PP unit. That leaves Boullion and Dandenault left to duke it out for #7...But Brisebois could easily play his way off the team tonight too...

Hmmmm...Very Interesting (Strokes Chin)