• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Skiing - Puck

Downey and Ellis skate at Monday practice

Rate this topic

don't get your hopes up about Downey he could just be another Norton and play 6 games. But the difference between Downey and Norton is that Downey can actually skate quite well and can win some fights so here's hoping he sticks around for the year. It be great to have a guy like Downey to insert in the line up when we play the Aniheim' s and Calgary's of the league. Now I hope Grigs will just be down there for a couple weeks to get his conditioning up to par so he's ready to play in the big show. i must admit I was not impressed when I first saw him but he did start to play better as the pre season wore on so here's hoping he stays in NA gets his conditioning up and adjusts to the NA game.

"Downey's emergence mirrors the success of Brad Norton out of training camp last year. Norton made the squad as an enforcer, which is Downey's specialty. Norton lasted six games before being demoted to the Grand Rapids Griffins for the remainder of the season."

That's success? Downey's okay I guess, seems to lose fights all the time. And if that's what he's going to be here to do, really what's the point? Ellis is a poor mans draper. Like the guy, works hard, but he's a forth liner on a weak team.

Edited by bringback91

Grigs needs to play day in and day out. GR is the place for that. Being the 12th or 13th forward isn't going to do him any good. Downey is the guy that should be on this team, at least for the time being.

Grigs is going to Grand Rapids for 5 games 'till Oct. 22. Than he will be back to Wings and Downey will be out of lineup. The main reason for this because before Oct. 22 Wings are playing Ducks 2 times, Flames and Sharks. So Downey will be usefull in these games.

Edited by 13dats

man i hope grigs makes the roster, takes samuelsons spot when he gets injured

According to www.redwingscorner.blogspot.com

Meech is the 7th defensemen

Ellis has made the team; moving his wife and daughter here soon.

Downey has been offered a two-way deal which he will likely accept.

Grigorenko has been assigned to Grand Rapids, not unexpected.

Mark Hartigan has been placed on waivers with the intent of assigning him to GR.