• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rwfan007

10/3 GDT: Red Wings 3, Anaheim Ducks 2 (F/SO)

Rate this topic

A season-opening victory is good for my heart rate. :D Always nice to see D&Z tearing it up, particularly Zetta.

Now I'm considering getting Center Ice in order to avoid missing a good chunk of games...maybe I could skip out on dinner every other day...after all, chicken wings or Red Wings? - the choice is easy.

Nice avatar and sig. You have great taste in video games. :D

The other game going on tonight is so lopsided right now. The Av's are really kicking the Stars asses out there. Turco is playing awful. Dallas could be this years Philadelphia: decent team who freefalls into the league basement.

How in the HELL did only 17,000 tickets get sold? That's beyond me.

I think the biggest factor is that they exhausted the season ticket waiting list and still didn't sell as many this season, so there are a heck of a lot more single game tickets available this year for each game. The "Captain's Package" that required people to buy lots of singles to games last year also probably helped pad the numbers last season.

Am I the only one who HATES that camera angle for the shootout? You can't tell where the puck is half the time.
I agree that it was annoying. Another thing that was annoying about Versus was that they glossed over several of the penalties. A couple of times they'd flash up that the game was 4-on-4, and the announcers didn't say "boo" about what happened even though you could hear Bud on the PA in the background calling out the details.

Oh, and Versus, please get Brian Engbloom a hair stylist! I've seen better groomed homeless people.

Edited by Gizmo

ok maybe i should try .... OMFG U GUYS JUST GOT LUCKY DUCK PWNED ALL.... but that would be lieing... :cool:

Hahahaha :P

No offense to you or anything, but that's how a lot of the Ducks fans were who posted here during last season and the playoffs. It's nice to see someone being an objective fan rather than a homer. :thumbup:

Guest jaytan

Saturday, 8:30, in Chicago. It'll be on good ol' FSN. Huzzah for the return of Ken and Mick!

unfortunately - at least during the nhl season - i don't live in detroit, so i only get to watch the nationally televised games. i'm lucky to see two or three regular season games a year. :(

Hahahaha :P

No offense to you or anything, but that's how a lot of the Ducks fans were who posted here during last season and the playoffs. It's nice to see someone being an objective fan rather than a homer. :thumbup:

ya i despise those people :judge:

Man-love status reaching critical level for the following players, in no particular order...

Henrik Zetterberg

Jiri Hudler

Tomas Holmstrom

Dominik Hasek

DETROIT'S MAGIC NUMBER TO CLINCH THE DIVISION IS NOW 81!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot! :P

In all seriousness now, the first couple games should probably be expected to be rusty (although this one wasn't all that bad), so as a result I really don't care how they are won.

Good to get the season of with a W.

Awesome job guys.. but 2/6 on the PP? Some things need to be worked out, because that should have been higher, along with getting full strength goals. The Wings did play hard and some of our new additions didn't wait to let everyone know they were in Wings jerseys too. I must say the Ducks had to have been feeling tired after the schedule they have. All in all the Ducks did luck out on a couple of chances, but a Wings win is a Wings win, I just would rather have them play better, but things have to be ironed out this season. You earned it, even though chance did play some part into it. Now go an celebrate because after this its no stopping till Lord Stanley returns to Detroit for a summer vacation.

Awesome job guys.. but 2/6 on the PP? Some things need to be worked out, because that should have been higher, along with getting full strength goals. The Wings did play hard and some of our new additions didn't wait to let everyone know they were in Wings jerseys too. I must say the Ducks had to have been feeling tired after the schedule they have. All in all the Ducks did luck out on a couple of chances, but a Wings win is a Wings win, I just would rather have them play better, but things have to be ironed out this season. You earned it, even though chance did play some part into it. Now go an celebrate because after this its no stopping till Lord Stanley returns to Detroit for a summer vacation.

2 for 6 on the pp is great.

did anyone else see the sloppy play Rafalski did at the end of the 3rd that lead to Getzlafts very close chance, which Zetterberg did a amazing job on...Other then that Rafalski looked good.

That was a terrible error but as you said otherwise he played a great game. Some thoughts from the game:

Zetterberg was amazing and looked threatening whenever he was on the ice, and his efforts on the defensive end were brilliant.

In minimal ice-time Drake played a solid game and it was great seeing him in a fight and equally impressive was his also really like Kopecky and his willingness to throw his body around.

Hudler’s shootout goal was great but how the heck was he the 2nd star? I thought he was relatively quiet so that came as a shock to me.

Filppula made a lot happen on the offensive end and he seems to always win the 1-on-1 battles. He’s in for a good season. I’ve been a big critic but Kronwall played a great game tonight and I loved his hit on the blue line.

Hasek had little to do but he was fantastic in net. :thumbup: Great saves in the SO too.

Am I the only one who HATES that camera angle for the shootout? You can't tell where the puck is half the time.

I shouldn’t complain as I only see half a dozen games a season and this was one, but I agree, the camera angle for the shootout was pretty poor.

Some things I took away from the game... (and mind you I only saw the stat sheet and the shootout)

Wings jerseys look pretty good except for the damn rbk logo scrunching the name on the back.

Hudler had a nice shootout goal... but I'm still not big on him.

Zetterberg's shootout attempt looked like my breakaways in NHL 2K7. :lol:

42 freaking shots and only 2 goals.... I don't know how I feel about this one because the stat sheet doesn't tell the whole story.

Great win and great for Hudler to get the deciding goal - a valuable contribution early on in the season. Datsyuk and Zetterberg starting out great and some of the plays Detroit made were great fun to watch. Some of the PK was strange but overall a good game and a sweet W.

Awesome job guys.. but 2/6 on the PP? Some things need to be worked out, because that should have been higher

Actually, they were 2/7 for a 28.6%, which is a pretty darn good percentage. Last year the Habs lead the league with a PP of 23%. You're right though, we need to score @ even strength. But, they had some good chances, so I'm not to worried about them scoring.

:o

Seriously, who complains about a 33.3% Powerplay against the defending Stanley Cup Champions? You do realize the Wings PP is not going to finish as high as 33.3% by seasons end. In fact, no teams' PP will finish that high.

Sidenote: As wings-in-avs-town said, it was 2-for-7, which is still higher than anyone will finish the season at.

I'm not going to read through 35 pages, but my $.02

Decent game overall. Obviously I'm happy with the win. I was hoping to see a litlte more dominance versus a jet lagged team. But good overall.

Way to step up Drake. Good to see a Red Wing finally stand up for himself after a cheapshot.

Great shootout goal by Hudler. Although it was really the only time I noticed he was on the ice.

It still feels like this team is dying for another goal scorer. Are top two lines are a little lacking.

Bertuzzi. Grrrr.

Snow Angel of Death to seal the shoot out win. That floppy bastard always makes me nervous. :D

Good win. :thumbup:

I know there has been lots of talk about attendance, and the empty seats were surely disheartening, but last night was probably the loudest non-playoff game I've ever been to at The Joe. There was great energy and electricity, despite being a couple thousand fans short. Good stuff.