• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elshupacabra

NHL Center Ice

Rate this topic

I just happend to flip over to the Center Ice Channels today and there wern't any games on, but it said, "You are watching the free preview of NHL Center ice..."

Just thought I'd post that in case anyone else didn't know about it yet. :)

I just happend to flip over to the Center Ice Channels today and there wern't any games on, but it said, "You are watching the free preview of NHL Center ice..."

Were only just a scant few games tonight at the time of the Red Wings-Ducks game, hence the screen of "You are watching the free preview".

Doubt it is anything out of the ordinary.

It's usually free for the first couple weeks. Thanks for the info!

i have comcast and last year i called and ordered center ice and then cancelled it the next day hoping they would leave it on by mistake... well it worked and i did it again this year and i know everyone has a free preview right now but mine doesn't say "you are watching a free preview." give it a try

Edited by Sparty13

i have comcast and last year i called and ordered center ice and then cancelled it the next day hoping they would leave it on by mistake... well it worked and i did it again this year and i know everyone has a free preview right now but mine doesn't say "you are watching a free preview." give it a try

:clap::lol:

I have WOW Cable and Center Ice isn't even showing up on my guide this year.

Yeah, that's because WOW couldn't reach an agreement to carry it this year. So for us WOW subscribers, no Center Ice. I'm extremely bitter.

I just tuned in today on Directv and just realized that next to each channel is a new NHL-HD channel. Sweeeeeet. Hopefully NHL Network will soon follow.

well i think they caught on to my free center ice for 4 years... MLB Xtra innings got changed over but the channels are black... it doesn't say you must subscribe so it might be something you would normally call for. However, i am not sure what I would say as i never really paid for it.

anyone think the online version is worth the money... been thinking about getting that one instead on my TV so i can watch games while at school, at freinds , and at home without hogging the TV and just watch on laptop... any input greatly appreciated. :cool:

Edited by Duck Guy

anyone think the online version is worth the money... been thinking about getting that one instead on my TV so i can watch games while at school, at freinds , and at home without hogging the TV... any input greatly appreciated. :cool:

I've only used it once for the preseason, but I really think it has more to do with your connection speed and if you don't mind the screen size being as large as the palm of your hand.

anyone think the online version is worth the money... been thinking about getting that one instead on my TV so i can watch games while at school, at freinds , and at home without hogging the TV and just watch on laptop... any input greatly appreciated. :cool:

Its free until 10/8/07,so watch the game on it tonight and see for your self.

Edited by cupcrazy

Its free until 10/8/07,so watch the game on it tonight and see for your self.

Is anyone else getting a page error while trying to open Center Ice Online? I'm pissed because I've been waiting to watch this game all day.

Is anyone else getting a page error while trying to open Center Ice Online? I'm pissed because I've been waiting to watch this game all day.

I've been trying different stuff and finally called into the help desk....basically they say my Norton 360 is blocking me...but it is not....it is a problem on their end that keeps poping up the login screen all the time and never letting me log on....really sucks as I would really like to test drive this and see if I would invest in it....

As I've complained already, I can't order Center Ice through my cable provider this year. So tonight, I tried the free preview of Center Ice Online. I must admit, I really like it. With my connection speed, it looks great. I can have 4 games on at once or one larger game or just full screen with one game, which is really good looking even on my laptop.

I plan on subscribing. I can't get Comcast where I live, and the satellite companies I could choose don't carry CBC. HNIC means more to me than the Center Ice package does, so if I go with the online version, I can have the best of all worlds.

I've been relatively impressed, although the video is pretty compressed looking. Given that I can't get Center Ice on my cable system, this would be my only option. I had pretty much convinced myself that it wasn't worth it, but watching the Wings via the FSN Detroit feed is making me reconsider.

Do they ever offer a reduce rate, like say 1/2 way through the season for 1/2 price?

Edited by A.T.Hun

Do they ever offer a reduce rate, like say 1/2 way through the season for 1/2 price?

I'm not sure, but with the TV version they offer a discount half way through the season. I don't remember it being quite half off, but it's a lot lower. Since the Online version is new this year, I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if they offer something similar.