• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elshupacabra

NHL Center Ice

Rate this topic

Was Directv FSN Detroit blacked out for anyone else? I have Directv center ice and I pay for FSN Detroit. But the wings vs hawks game was blacked out for me on both. I live in ohio WTFO?!?!? Directv ha no clue. Was it on a locat Detroit channel tonight?

Was Directv FSN Detroit blacked out for anyone else? I have Directv center ice and I pay for FSN Detroit. But the wings vs hawks game was blacked out for me on both. I live in ohio WTFO?!?!? Directv ha no clue. Was it on a locat Detroit channel tonight?

I got the game on FSN Detroit but it was blacked out on Center Ice. Not sure why it was blacked out of both channels for you.

i have comcast and last year i called and ordered center ice and then cancelled it the next day hoping they would leave it on by mistake... well it worked and i did it again this year and i know everyone has a free preview right now but mine doesn't say "you are watching a free preview." give it a try

hey, i also have comcast, but i thought it was non refundable, and also dont they do it right there over the phone, like connect u or cancell it. can u go into detail about what u do. i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Yeah, that's because WOW couldn't reach an agreement to carry it this year. So for us WOW subscribers, no Center Ice. I'm extremely bitter.

I found this out and switched to Comcast. That's a shame they couldn't get a deal out.

I've only used it once for the preseason, but I really think it has more to do with your connection speed and if you don't mind the screen size being as large as the palm of your hand.

yeah the online version is fine, but it shouldnt cost the same as the tv version.

small screen size, when you full screen it, quality goes down, and when youre paying $150, you dont want that.

i thought about getting it , im not,

go for it on the tv side.

handsdown to me.

a onetime payment of 149? its not a monthly charge or anything.

Our local cable company use to do that to us over here in Sarnia, ON Canada too (one time charge), but now we are able to pay a monthly fee ($19.95 the first 3 months and then $29.95 there after). The only stipulation is that you have to keep the sports pack for a minimum of 6 months. The cool thing is that covers all the sports (college football, NFL, OHL hockey, Nascar, NHL); EVERY sport ! Sweet deal I think for us. Of course I order it beginning of October and cancel it the day the Wings are done.

If you guys don't mind getting the games the day after, you should check out http://nhltorrents.co.uk.

This isn't me trying to spam a site, just trying to help. I will be trying to capture every Red Wings game this year and uploading them there. It's all completely free, the only thing you're required to do is seed the torrents after you've downloaded them.

For those of you not familiar with bittorrent, it is a peer-to-peer file sharing protocol. The advantage of bittorrent is that Instead of conventional downloads, where a file is on a single server, and everybody downloads from that server, bittorrent spreads it out. If a file is popular, using the conventional downloads method isn't a good idea because it kills that servers and eats the bandwidth. When using bittorrent, everybody is a sharer. The file (in this example, a game video) is split into parts. If you have a part that I don't have, I get it from you. If I have a part that you don't have, you get it from me. Imagine this situation, but with 30 people. Everybody supplying/getting just the parts that are needed. All you need is a bittorrent client like utorrent (also free).

The site I mentioned is a private bitorrent tracker, which means you must register at the site in order to download the torrents, and your download/upload statistics are monitored. In the bittorrent world, downloading from another person means "leeching" and uploading to another person means "seeding." As long as your share ratio stays above 0.3, you should be fine. That just means you upload at least 30% of what you download, although you really should upload more to avoid being banned from the site.

Might sound all complicated, but it really isn't. You just download a small file, open it with your bittorrent client, and it starts downloading, easy as that.

I have already uploaded the 2007 Detroit Red Wings Season Preview show, and both regular season games. You can preview the video quality with this sample:

Download Sample Video Here

If you have high-speed internet, it's worth looking into. It's all completely free, and if I have the time, I will continue capturing all the Red Wings games this year.

yeah the online version is fine, but it shouldnt cost the same as the tv version.

small screen size, when you full screen it, quality goes down, and when youre paying $150, you dont want that.

i thought about getting it , im not,

go for it on the tv side.

handsdown to me.

I have to agree with that. I hook my pc up to my 23 inch LG LCD and it looked better. I notice if you sit back about 8 feet it looks 100% better.But yeah I agree,the quality doesn't compare to Directv version. I would get this in a heartbeat if it where say 60 bucks,but 150 is too much,since like you said in full screen the quality isnt good enough.