• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNutt

VS feed hard on the eyes?

Rate this topic

After watching hockey games on both FSN Detroit, VS, NBC, and CBC. I notice a huge difference in the picture. I know they use different cameras and everything but for some reason VS television feed is terrible and hurts the eyes alittle bit watching. The ice is way way to bright and makes it harder to follow the puck.

Just wondering if anyone else notices this or is bothered by their broadcast. CBCs feed has always been darker than the others but I'd rather have darker than to bright.

VS HD feed and Standard Def are both bad in my opinion.

I watched the game on Versus and I didn't have any problems. Then again, I work for a .com and stare at a screen all day anyway. My eyes are so abused they don't care about anything anymore. :)

I could live with the s***ty picture (your right, btw. The cameras they are using must be left over from the middle 70's or something) if they would get rid of the crappy game calling. Maybe I'm Ken and Micky biased, but those guys last night blew. The only thing worse was that damn blue streak they tried a couple of years back. I'd go back to Mullet Top going down on the Avs every chance he got between periods to get rid of the Bozo's they had last night.

Didn't see last night's game, but the games I have watched on Versus have been abrasive. It does look like their cameras are straight out of the '70s. At least I can watch, but I do prefer to be able to distinguish what I'm watching.

If anything, I think the FSN broadcast is hard on the eyes. Sometimes the ice is way to bright and it is hard to foolow the game closely. I didnt notice anything wrong with last nights broadcast though.

I thought the video from the Wings game was fine, but the video from the Stars/Avs game looked very dark and the color saturation was way down. It looked half-way like it was a black and white broadcast at times.

Edited by Gizmo

If anything, I think the FSN broadcast is hard on the eyes. Sometimes the ice is way to bright and it is hard to foolow the game closely. I didnt notice anything wrong with last nights broadcast though.

ya same with me 2 i actually like it when a game i wanna watch is on VS. wayyy better then any other channel that i get that broadcasts hockey idunno some people dont like VS but i do :D

I didn't have a problem with the Versus broadcast.

I think they did a decent job last night...the only problem I had was with the ice-level camera angles in the shootout. WTF was up with that? You couldn't tell if the puck was in the net or not. :angry:

my versus HD was fine, except my TV was doing something weird to the white on the refs uniforms. Might be the cable, but I think it was my TV, although it was the first time I ever saw that effect.

other then that, the shootout camera shots SUCKED..... especially when the ref got in the way.

Yes it was bright. It was also like that last year.

I thought the announcers were suppose to be V.S. A game. They failed to mention penalties and the people in the truck don't show replays, thank you to the guy who invented DVR.

my girlfriend doesn't know anything about hockey, so she called me last night and said "that's your favorite team? i don't like there jersey's they look orange"

Perplexed i looked at the vs. feed she was watching and sure enough, my beloved wings sweaters looked redish orange.

Guest DetroitIan

Wow, I really thought it was just my TV this whole time. I didnt know that everyone else had to deal with the horrible picture/contrast of VS. The ice is so blinding white that you can barely make out the blueline. I hate it when I have to watch a game on VS. Although, it is better than not watching the game at all.

The very worst thing was they called Franzen......Hudler, lol How can you mix those two up???

mixed up people a few times, I thought it was funny when he called Dallas Drake, Datsyuk. haha old guy needs better glasses.

Here's the deal. CBC has THE BEST cameras for covering hockey, their telecasts are way clearer, smoother and better done than any other network. They have more experience and put more money into their HNIC telecast than anyone else. TSN and Sportsnet broadcasts are very good as well, their cameras are not as clear as CBC but they do a real good job of angles and zoom in/out at appropriate times as well as following the play. NBC and Fox sports would be right behind them but their cameramen are still a little foggy about anticipating where the play will be and including that area into their camera view. After those networks however, it goes downhill real fast. Versus is a joke, their cameras have the worst resolution of any network that covers hockey cause, well, they just started covering hockey and probably didn't wanna dump mega money into it in case it flopped. Their is no excuse however for their ridiculous camera angles and piss poor job of following the play, this is just due to inexperience and camera men better suited to covering dolphins ******* in a pool than a fast action game like hockey. Versus announcers are crappy too. I love the FSN Detroit announcers cause they're fair and call it as they see it without the usual "homerism" of CBC or TSN. If a Wings player f***s up, they call it that way and give credit to ANY player who makes a great play.

If we could combine CBC cameras and cameramen with Fox Det announcers we would have the PERFECT broadcast.

Here's the deal. CBC has THE BEST cameras for covering hockey, their telecasts are way clearer, smoother and better done than any other network. They have more experience and put more money into their HNIC telecast than anyone else. TSN and Sportsnet broadcasts are very good as well, their cameras are not as clear as CBC but they do a real good job of angles and zoom in/out at appropriate times as well as following the play. NBC and Fox sports would be right behind them but their cameramen are still a little foggy about anticipating where the play will be and including that area into their camera view. After those networks however, it goes downhill real fast. Versus is a joke, their cameras have the worst resolution of any network that covers hockey cause, well, they just started covering hockey and probably didn't wanna dump mega money into it in case it flopped. Their is no excuse however for their ridiculous camera angles and piss poor job of following the play, this is just due to inexperience and camera men better suited to covering dolphins ******* in a pool than a fast action game like hockey. Versus announcers are crappy too. I love the FSN Detroit announcers cause they're fair and call it as they see it without the usual "homerism" of CBC or TSN. If a Wings player f***s up, they call it that way and give credit to ANY player who makes a great play.

If we could combine CBC cameras and cameramen with Fox Det announcers we would have the PERFECT broadcast.

CBC camerawork is the best, but the channel is just grainy.

Wow, I didn't notice any of the problems others are having. Maybe it's your TV's or maybe it's mine, I don't know.

It looked fine to me...the ice wasn't blinding, the Wings sweaters were red without a hint of orange, the contrast was good, the picture was sharp and clear. In short, it was a good picture.

I did notice the announcers slip up a couple of times on player names which although really inexcusable, could be attributed to being unfamiliar with the team (having said that, you'd never hear Ken and Mickey mess up the opponents names/numbers).

I completely agree, though, with those who say CBC is the BEST station to watch hockey on!! They've got broadcasting a game down pat. Unfortunately the Wings aren't on CBC very much. :P

I'm looking forward to watching Ken and Mickey tonight...I really missed them the other night, not to mention the player introductions Budd Lynch does prior to the first home game of the season. Instead we got to see a Puck Fronger interview. :crazy: